[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Quote from: temple_wing on September 02, 2018, 02:17:51 AM
I suggest a mod like "Giddy-up mounting all-in-one", you name it as you like. Just lesser mod, easier to manage for players (at least me).

Replacing the current modular system with a all-in-one system would have the problem Canute mentioned (and more), but I guess you're asking to add an all-in-one mod besides the current modular system. Doing this would mean I have to update this all-in-one mod each time I update one of the other giddy-up mods, giving me an overhead each time and another thing I could screw up. As long as I still plan to add things to the series, and as long as Rimworld 1.0 isn't there, it's not worth the extra time investment. So maybe in the future when thing aren't likely to change anymore I'll give it a go, but no promises.

jalog100

i got this https://git.io/fAlDJ in my map i have a mechanoid ruin they broke the wall and i can see them but are trapped by sea, the mod is trying to do something and creates errrors

pablo603

Roolo

Quote from: jalog100 on September 02, 2018, 02:05:18 PM
i got this https://git.io/fAlDJ in my map i have a mechanoid ruin they broke the wall and i can see them but are trapped by sea, the mod is trying to do something and creates errrors

I just responded to you on the bug thread of Giddy-up Core on steam. No need to double post.

jalog100

Quote from: Roolo on September 03, 2018, 05:00:55 AM

I just responded to you on the bug thread of Giddy-up Core on steam. No need to double post.
I'm sorry i first posted in steam but i saw your last post there was in February o something like that and here was just a few days ago i thought that you weren't active in steam
Just to confirm
I did what you say and disabled caravan and the error don't show anymore (and the corpses stop moving i was thinking they moved because it was in water and that was a b19 feature and don't say anything before about that)

Roolo

Quote from: jalog100 on September 03, 2018, 08:36:45 AM
Quote from: Roolo on September 03, 2018, 05:00:55 AM

I'm sorry i first posted in steam but i saw your last post there was in February o something like that and here was just a few days ago i thought that you weren't active in steam
Just to confirm
I did what you say and disabled caravan and the error don't show anymore (and the corpses stop moving i was thinking they moved because it was in water and that was a b19 feature and don't say anything before about that)

Ok, I'll try to reproduce it and if I'm able to I'll make sure it's fixed in the next update.

Mst

Haven't played for almost half a year. Was amazed today by progress on your mods. They pretty much became essential for me now. Huge thanks for all your work once again.

One question. Got this message today when tried to place No Mount Area or Forbid Mount, forgot how it's called. It does not pop up every time, only when I drag the area larger than 6 by 6.
I assume it's not the fault of Giddy-up rather of Alien Races.
Maybe you can give me some advice. If it's nothing critical down the playthrough I just leave it as it is.

Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Check.Source (object) <0x00061>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.OfType<AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace> (System.Collections.IEnumerable) <0x00020>
at AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.CanDesignateThingTamePostfix (bool&,Verse.Thing) <0x0005c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Designator.CanDesignateThing_Patch1 (object,Verse.Thing) <0x00059>
at Verse.DesignatorUtility.RenderHighlightOverSelectableThings (Verse.Designator,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.IntVec3>) <0x0010b>
at Verse.Designator.RenderHighlight (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.IntVec3>) <0x00024>
at Verse.DesignationDragger.DraggerUpdate () <0x00061>
at Verse.DesignatorManager.DesignatorManagerUpdate () <0x00026>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceUpdate_Patch1 (object) <0x000b2>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootUpdate () <0x0007a>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Roolo

Quote from: Mst on September 07, 2018, 02:51:42 PM
Haven't played for almost half a year. Was amazed today by progress on your mods. They pretty much became essential for me now. Huge thanks for all your work once again.

One question. Got this message today when tried to place No Mount Area or Forbid Mount, forgot how it's called. It does not pop up every time, only when I drag the area larger than 6 by 6.
I assume it's not the fault of Giddy-up rather of Alien Races.
Maybe you can give me some advice. If it's nothing critical down the playthrough I just leave it as it is.

Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
at System.Linq.Check.Source (object) <0x00061>
at System.Linq.Enumerable.OfType<AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace> (System.Collections.IEnumerable) <0x00020>
at AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.CanDesignateThingTamePostfix (bool&,Verse.Thing) <0x0005c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Designator.CanDesignateThing_Patch1 (object,Verse.Thing) <0x00059>
at Verse.DesignatorUtility.RenderHighlightOverSelectableThings (Verse.Designator,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.IntVec3>) <0x0010b>
at Verse.Designator.RenderHighlight (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.IntVec3>) <0x00024>
at Verse.DesignationDragger.DraggerUpdate () <0x00061>
at Verse.DesignatorManager.DesignatorManagerUpdate () <0x00026>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceUpdate_Patch1 (object) <0x000b2>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootUpdate () <0x0007a>

RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)

Thanks :) I really appreciate your kind words! Hmm it seems to be a minor compatibility problem with alien races. I'll look into it later, but I have a ton to do for my What the hack!? mod the coming days, so it'll take a while.

Urubaen

Hi,

I'm interested by your mod, but i also use GeneticRim, is it possible to mount modified animal ?

Roolo

Quote from: Urubaen on September 11, 2018, 05:14:57 AM
Hi,

I'm interested by your mod, but i also use GeneticRim, is it possible to mount modified animal ?

Definitely. It works for all animal-adding mods, including Genetic Rim. No patches are needed, though you might want to look at the mod options if animals overlap colonists in a weird way when they are mounted.

Urubaen

Hey, I use your mod since it doesn't make any trouble with genetic and i love it !
I juste see a lot of warning when i activate the dev mod, i've this exception for every colonists avec every mechamutant added with the last patch of genetic.
That doesn't cause any crash but having so many error regulary can maybe cause trouble (not really sure), so i prefer report it to you ;)

JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Arri driver=JobDriver_Train (toilIndex=8) driver.job=(Train (Job_15932866) A=Thing_GR_Mechabear2194942) lastJobGiver=RimWorld.JobGiver_Work
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_InteractAnimal.RequiredNutritionPerFeed (Verse.Pawn animal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_InteractAnimal+<FeedToils>c__Iterator1.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()

Roolo

I'm proud to add a new mod to the Giddy-up! series:

If it's possible to hack mechanoids, why limit yourself to riding animals if you can ride deadly machines to battle. And why limit yourself to letting humans ride if you can let Mechanoids Ride animals, or other mechanoids! This mod brings Giddy-up! and What the Hack!? together and needs no further introduction. Go to the original post for more info!

Download: https://github.com/rheirman/GiddyUpMechanoids/releases
A steam version will be added soon.

IMPORTANT: Depends on Hugslib, Giddy-up Core, and What the Hack!?. Make sure to put those mods above Giddy-up! Mechanoids in the mod list. Also make sure all your existing Giddy-up! mods are up to date when installing this mod!!

Update notes for Giddy-up! Mods:

Giddy-up! Core -> v1.0.6
Giddy-up! Ride and Roll -> v1.0.4
Giddy-up! Battle Mounts -> v1.0.6
- Addes support for Giddy-up! Mechanoids

Madman666

rawrfisher

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at GiddyUpCore.Harmony.Pawn_PlayerSettings_GetGizmos/<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<helpIterator>b__2 () <0x000fe>
at Verse.Command_Toggle.ProcessInput (UnityEngine.Event) <0x00038>
at Verse.GizmoGridDrawer.DrawGizmoGrid (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>,single,Verse.Gizmo&) <0x00c75>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>,Verse.Gizmo&) <0x007aa>

Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid:DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0(IEnumerable`1, Gizmo&)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:DrawInspectGizmos()
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:ExtraOnGUI(IInspectPane)
RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect:ExtraOnGUI_Patch1(Object)
Verse.WindowStack:WindowStackOnGUI()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Triggered when using release on an undead animal from the lost forest.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Roolo

Update:
Giddy-up! Core.
- Added missing update for Giddy-up Mechanoids support. There was some code I forgot to push which is important for full compatibility with Giddy-up! Mechanoids.
- Fixed problem with mounts fleeing or throwing of their rider when they get hit.