[1.1] Giddy-up!

Started by Roolo, December 01, 2017, 04:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roolo

Small update for Giddy-up! Core (now v18.5.4):

- Fixed issue that in rare occasions caused riding pawns to get stuck in doorways.

Quote from: Mst on January 07, 2018, 12:55:16 PM
Nope, no special door mods, at least those were common granite doors I saw them stuck in. Also no errors.
Maybe I'll post some screenshots if that happens again.

This fixes your issue, Mst. The problem appeared when two pawns, of which at least one is riding an animal, are in a doorway at exactly the same time. After I tested with stone doors now (which open slower and may therefore more likely cause the issue), I managed to reproduce and fix the issue.

Roolo

Updates:

Giddy up! Caravan to v18.1.3

- Caravan speed bonus now also influences the "fixed" time needed to traverse world tiles*
- Fixed exception being thrown when a save with a moving caravan with riders is loaded, causing the caravan to halt.
- Added German translations (by RoffelChen)

*Explanation: In vanilla Rimworld, even if a caravan has the speed of light, it still needs a fixed time to traverse each world tile, which depends on the season, and on the terrain, but not on caravan speed. In winters and in mountainous areas, this fixed time contributes to the largest portion of the travelling time, which made Giddy-up! Caravan ineffective in these situations. However, this has now been solved, as the fixed time now is also influenced by the caravan speed bonuses introduced by Giddy-up!

Giddy up! Core to v18.5.5

- Fixed problem with save data that caused an issue with the rider selector in the caravan reform dialog in Giddy-up! Caravan. This made it appear as if riders are not riding, and made it seem impossible to make them ride (while they are actually riding already).

ptx

any plan to add cavalry charges? or stomp for large animals?

Roolo

Apperently my last update for Giddy-up! Caravan, caused the route time estimation tool not to work properly when no caravans are involved in the planning. This is fixed in v18.1.4 of Giddy-up! Caravan I just published. 

Quote from: ptx on January 15, 2018, 04:45:54 AM
any plan to add cavalry charges? or stomp for large animals?

No promises, but I would like to introduce mount skills (like charging and stomping) at some point in the future. I do have a lot of other priorities I prefer to work on for the time being though.

ptx

Yay! Take your time and thanks for the consideration.   ;D
I imagine adding new functions to the game are not easy, I can't even make AlienRaces' whitelisting to work, despite doing exactly like the example.

Rikiki's power fist has knock back feature, while vanilla starving Thrumbo destroyed my triple layer wall easily.
A thrumbo raider could easily bring down my front gate. Larger creatures would wreak havoc...

Nekokon

And that's exactly what makes the game more fun. Instead of "randy suddenly has an urge for murder" situation which nobody called for, now we have "let's try taking down this elephant for the sweet meats and trunks - Oh sheet did he just charged through my wall !?!?!" situation.

Vlad0mi3r

So had the situation the other day when dealing with a cougar. Got my main handler melee pawn Ahri to mount up on his grizzly bear to go and deal with it. Grizzly bear plus pawn in power armour with steel longsword should be no problems.

Well it wasn't, one dead cougar, However the grizzly didn't attack Ahri did it in about 4 chops but the bear did nothing. Reviewing the combat log confirmed it.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 15, 2018, 06:10:49 PM
So had the situation the other day when dealing with a cougar. Got my main handler melee pawn Ahri to mount up on his grizzly bear to go and deal with it. Grizzly bear plus pawn in power armour with steel longsword should be no problems.

Well it wasn't, one dead cougar, However the grizzly didn't attack Ahri did it in about 4 chops but the bear did nothing. Reviewing the combat log confirmed it.

Are animals supposed to be able to attack while a pawn is mounted on them? Wouldn't that essentially make bears the be all/end all of mounts?

Vlad0mi3r

Yep they will attack other pawns when mounted. Well at least I know raiders mounts damage my pawns. One raid had a boar that did more damage than the rest of the raid combined.

Aim low is not the way to go in Rim World.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

ptx

Trader shows up. Yuma the bear was carrying a slave pawn. I bought the slave pawn. Yuma now carries an assault rifle always pointed at her head.

Madman666

Quote from: ptx on January 16, 2018, 01:24:35 AM
Trader shows up. Yuma the bear was carrying a slave pawn. I bought the slave pawn. Yuma now carries an assault rifle always pointed at her head.

I knew there was going to be more hilariousness than boomalope riders flying... Jeez, those suicidal bears with japaneese names.

ptx

aaah sorry, the rifle is being carried by a baby ape. The ape is so tiny, and it hovers above the bear. The other bear was the mount for my bought pawn. My bad. :D

Roolo

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 15, 2018, 06:20:31 PM
Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 15, 2018, 06:10:49 PM

Are animals supposed to be able to attack while a pawn is mounted on them? Wouldn't that essentially make bears the be all/end all of mounts?

Yes, animals attack the target their rider is attacking. I think it won't be reported in the combat log, as the combat log only reports the attacks done by the rider himself.  I'm not sure though if animals help attacking wild animals, it could be that it only works against humanlike enemies, I'll have to check to confirm that.

edit: and yes bears are very powerful. However, I do often prefer big cats like cougars/panthers/leopards for their speed (considering vanilla animals only). Mind that taking modded animals like the ones from Megafauna, Dinosauria or GeneticRim into the picture makes things a lot crazier than bears. As for balance, I think mounts re-balance the game, not essentially in a bad way, at least for vanilla animals. Melee pawns become a much more viable option, and also tactics that don't involve kill zones are much more viable with the aid of animal riders, especially when RunAndGun is also used. 

Quote from: ptx on January 16, 2018, 01:33:10 AM

aaah sorry, the rifle is being carried by a baby ape. The ape is so tiny, and it hovers above the bear. The other bear was the mount for my bought pawn. My bad. :D

Lol, it's still hilarious though. But good to know it's not an actual problem in the mod.

Knotts

I think the latest updates might be causing me some bugs.
Every second, every pawn on the map are sending Exceptions with a System.NullReferenceException: object ref not set to an instance of an obj

Frames have dropped significantly because it's constantly counting.

EDIT: Disabled the Caravan mod and FPS is back to normal, but error messages are still going off. scratch that it made all pawns on the map invisible