[B18/19] Chris' Mods: (New!) Peanuts, Bananas, Fast Eggs, and More!

Started by Chris Bradel (Chrscool8), January 08, 2018, 01:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Bradel (Chrscool8)

Chris' Quick and Easy Mods: Peanuts, Bananas, Fast Eggs, and More!

Description

Hey! I'm Chris Bradel, AKA Chrscool8. I just recently got into RimWorld, and I've dove in to modding head first! I'm a long-time game dev turned modder and this game has inspired me to try making lots of things. I've got some quality of life mods, some new items, and soon will be even bigger projects! Check em out, and thanks for coming by!

Mod List

Peanuts (And Peanut Accessories)
B18
- Steam Workshop - Dropbox Link -
B19
- Steam Workshop - Dropbox Link

This mod adds a new set of food and items including a peanut crop, roasted nuts, peanut oil, peanut butter, a PB&J sandwich, and more!

Bananas! (And Banana Accessories)
A Collaboration with Ragnarok9x
B18
- Steam Workshop - Forum Post Link  -

This mod adds several items including a Banana Tree, Bananas, Banana Grenades, and Banana Meals, as well as some surprises! Check out the forum post for lots more info.

VGP ↔ Bananas! Banana Converter
B18

This mod adds a couple recipes to convert Vegetable Garden bananas to Bananas! bananas and vice-versa at a stove.

Plantable Raspberries
B18

This simple patch just adds Raspberry Bushes to the list of plantable objects.
B19

This patch adds Wild Berry Bushes to the list of plantable objects.

Fast Chicken Eggs
B18
This mod will make your chickens lay eggs about twice as fast.

Extreme Chicken Eggs
B18
This mod will make your chickens lay just too many eggs.

Fast Eggs
B18
This mod will make animals lay eggs about twice as fast.

Fast Wool
B18
This mod will make your animals grow wool about twice as fast. This includes Camel, Muffalo, Mega Sloth, and Alpaca.

Ultra Moisture Pump
B18
This mod adds a new moisture pump with a maximum radius of 30 to help clear up those pesky puddles farther away.

How to Install From Zip

Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Enjoy!

Chris Bradel (Chrscool8)

Update! Added "VGP ↔ Bananas! Banana Converter" to the list!

Harry_Dicks

I'm really looking forward to Extreme Chicken Eggs. I always thought it would be cool to just have maybe a dozen or so chickens and 2 roosters and have a steady supply of eggs off just that. The vanilla rate seemed unsustainable for what I wanted from it.

Chris Bradel (Chrscool8)

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 08, 2018, 04:57:41 PM
I'm really looking forward to Extreme Chicken Eggs. I always thought it would be cool to just have maybe a dozen or so chickens and 2 roosters and have a steady supply of eggs off just that. The vanilla rate seemed unsustainable for what I wanted from it.

Yeah! I thought the same! My colonists deserve egg meals more than one a week! Hope you like it!

Also, per your mention on the other post...

Update! Added:

Plantable Raspberries

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Chris Bradel (Chrscool8) on January 08, 2018, 07:05:06 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 08, 2018, 04:57:41 PM

Yeah! I thought the same! My colonists deserve egg meals more than one a week! Hope you like it!

Also, per your mention on the other post...

Update! Added:

Plantable Raspberries

Very nice, thank you! I actually went back to read the OP on that post, and saw you can actually have just plain oatmeal without berries, so I edited it my response. I thought it was originally a requirement. But you are too fast and saw it anyway!

dismar

So you made raspberries sow-able? Both raspberries and strawberries both produce "berries" The wild raspberry bush is designed to not be planted because it produces way more berries and is not suppose to get cut down when harvested.

I was just wondering why the change really. :)

Chris Bradel (Chrscool8)

Quote from: dismar on January 08, 2018, 11:51:08 PM
So you made raspberries sow-able? Both raspberries and strawberries both produce "berries" The wild raspberry bush is designed to not be planted because it produces way more berries and is not suppose to get cut down when harvested.

I was just wondering why the change really. :)

Honestly, "because I could" is about the extent of it! It wasn't available on the list of things to choose from, but I wanted to be able to grow some because I liked the look of em. I just like having the choices. I fully admit that I didn't take game balance or anything into mind. :)
Thanks for the comment! I know if anyone would have a deeper knowledge on RimWorld plants, it would be you! (Big fan of VGP!)

Canute

Maybe your next project could be to add options to the egg's mod.
Then you can setup the speed of the options, instead to have a mod for each.
This could include the wool too.
And when you are allready working on this, don't forget the milking process.

Chris Bradel (Chrscool8)

Hey, everyone! I'm back and I bear an update!

Peanuts (And Peanut Accessories)

This mod adds a new set of food and items including a peanut crop, roasted nuts, peanut oil, peanut butter, and more!

photomike72

Hi there, I have to say that I love your mods! They are great to use. That being said could I ask you for a non-steam download link for your Banana Oatmeal Addon? That's the only one I'm missing and I would love me some Banana Oatmeal. Thanks

Chris Bradel (Chrscool8)

Quote from: photomike72 on January 30, 2018, 01:19:18 PM
Hi there, I have to say that I love your mods! They are great to use. That being said could I ask you for a non-steam download link for your Banana Oatmeal Addon? That's the only one I'm missing and I would love me some Banana Oatmeal. Thanks

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like them!
Absolutely! Here's a link to the Banana Oatmeal!

Harry_Dicks

Christopher, you absolutely amaze me. I am in love with your art. Once again, I feel like you have capture the same feel as vanilla RimWorld, and you make things that look like they would belong in it. Simple (in a good way!), unique, conveys information easily, clear/not confused with anything else, and beautiful!

Curious, but have you ever considered doing apparel, or any other types of objects? I know apparel can be a bitch, having to make 15 or however many versions of everything.

Would you mind telling us what software you use for the art?

Chris Bradel (Chrscool8)

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 30, 2018, 02:51:29 PM
Christopher, you absolutely amaze me. I am in love with your art. Once again, I feel like you have capture the same feel as vanilla RimWorld, and you make things that look like they would belong in it. Simple (in a good way!), unique, conveys information easily, clear/not confused with anything else, and beautiful!

Would you mind telling us what software you use for the art?

Haha, thank you so much. Your posts are one of the reasons I keep coming back to make more.  ;D
Yeah, you get me! I'm all about the synergy! I love when stuff feels like it belongs, so I'm very careful about trying to make it all feel right!

My resources are varied! A couple are based off of things from royalty free clip-art sites and redrawn/recolored, but a lot are free handed. -and any which way, they're heavily touched up and finished with Photoshop!

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 30, 2018, 02:51:29 PM
Curious, but have you ever considered doing apparel, or any other types of objects? I know apparel can be a bitch, having to make 15 or however many versions of everything.

On clothes, I have considered it! I got my first taste of that crazy amount of work with the BananArmor.  ;)
I'm waiting for inspiration to strike. If you have any ideas, clothing or otherwise, I'd love to hear them!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Chris Bradel (Chrscool8) on January 30, 2018, 04:34:54 PM
Haha, thank you so much. Your posts are one of the reasons I keep coming back to make more.  ;D
Yeah, you get me! I'm all about the synergy! I love when stuff feels like it belongs, so I'm very careful about trying to make it all feel right!

That is one reason that I will keep your mods installed in my list. I am a mod junkie... like this stuff is horrible, man. I haven't had a proper RimWorld game in maybe 6 weeks. I've downloaded maybe 700-800 mods since the beginning of December. I was running up to 320ish mods at one point. The game ran horrible, so I had to cut back. You cannot imagine the pain I had to go through, cutting off my babies one by one. Now I am a broken man. Hah, but really I have about 160 mods running, with another 25-30 small mods I have combined. I don't have a lot of bloat though, quality over quantity. Most things are unique or only a few interesting variants. For example, I only have one large apparel mod, one weapon mod, etc.

My resources are varied! A couple are based off of things from royalty free clip-art sites and redrawn/recolored, but a lot are free handed. -and any which way, they're heavily touched up and finished with Photoshop!
Thank you. Any recommendations for the free clip art sites? I downloaded paint.net a few days ago and have been tinkering around with some textures with it. So far it has helped me a ton! Almost as much as Notepad++ ::)

On clothes, I have considered it! I got my first taste of that crazy amount of work with the BananArmor.  ;)
I'm waiting for inspiration to strike. If you have any ideas, clothing or otherwise, I'd love to hear them!

So it IS banana armor! Bwahahah, nice! I would've guessed it was just yellow power armor, which is still okay if it's what you did. But if it is a new custom armor, I bet it will be beautiful. Just FYI, there was a new mod that just came out that allows you to attach comps to apparel. The mod author made a mod with a suicide vest as a proof of concept. Something I thought you could be interested in, relating to apparel.

Hmm inspiration? Personally, I really wish I had more cool "dark" themed stuff. I'm getting really big into the mod Rim of Madness with their cults and such. I want more cool robes and hoods, scary effigies and heads on spikes to put outside my base (check out the Effigy mod). More cool looking torches and pyres. Fire is also super duper easy to add to buildings anyway. So hell, just about anything else that I can have as a reason to have more firey things in the base. But this is my personal preference, because I actually like to play really dark, twisted games. Like maybe I have a cult of cannibals that only eat people from other factions, or I have to keep an ongoing lineage of incestually reproducing apes deep in my dungeon, as I sacrifice the older ones to the blood god. You know... family stuff! ::) So I always want more apparel and cult/religious paraphernalia, that I sadly feel like RimWorld is lacking.

Finally, here is an awesome looking outfit from Rimsenal. However, it doesn't look as awesome in game. But I thought they perfectly captured an awesome sort of sci-fi/hooded cloak look with it. Big fan of red and black.

Chris Bradel (Chrscool8)

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 30, 2018, 07:59:45 PM
That is one reason that I will keep your mods installed in my list. I am a mod junkie... like this stuff is horrible, man. I haven't had a proper RimWorld game in maybe 6 weeks. I've downloaded maybe 700-800 mods since the beginning of December. I was running up to 320ish mods at one point. The game ran horrible, so I had to cut back. You cannot imagine the pain I had to go through, cutting off my babies one by one. Now I am a broken man. Hah, but really I have about 160 mods running, with another 25-30 small mods I have combined. I don't have a lot of bloat though, quality over quantity. Most things are unique or only a few interesting variants. For example, I only have one large apparel mod, one weapon mod, etc.

Glad you think so! Dude, tell me about it. Going back and forth from zero mods plus whatever I'm testing and my full load is like night and day. Haha.

Thank you. Any recommendations for the free clip art sites? I downloaded paint.net a few days ago and have been tinkering around with some textures with it. So far it has helped me a ton! Almost as much as Notepad++ ::)

My friend recently introduced me to pixabay which I'd definitely recommend. Also you can always google image search, but I always try to make sure that the results I pick are royalty free or similarly licensed. And definitely N++ plus its xml tools make this stuff modding sooo much better to work with! (Also Agent Ransack is an excellent tool for instantly searching for a keyword in the RimWorld files.)

So it IS banana armor! Bwahahah, nice! I would've guessed it was just yellow power armor, which is still okay if it's what you did. But if it is a new custom armor, I bet it will be beautiful. Just FYI, there was a new mod that just came out that allows you to attach comps to apparel. The mod author made a mod with a suicide vest as a proof of concept. Something I thought you could be interested in, relating to apparel.

Hmm inspiration? Personally, I really wish I had more cool "dark" themed stuff. I'm getting really big into the mod Rim of Madness with their cults and such. I want more cool robes and hoods, scary effigies and heads on spikes to put outside my base (check out the Effigy mod). More cool looking torches and pyres. Fire is also super duper easy to add to buildings anyway. So hell, just about anything else that I can have as a reason to have more firey things in the base. But this is my personal preference, because I actually like to play really dark, twisted games. Like maybe I have a cult of cannibals that only eat people from other factions, or I have to keep an ongoing lineage of incestually reproducing apes deep in my dungeon, as I sacrifice the older ones to the blood god. You know... family stuff! ::) So I always want more apparel and cult/religious paraphernalia, that I sadly feel like RimWorld is lacking.

Finally, here is an awesome looking outfit from Rimsenal. However, it doesn't look as awesome in game. But I thought they perfectly captured an awesome sort of sci-fi/hooded cloak look with it. Big fan of red and black.

Full-on Weaponized Bananaction™!

Ooh, that does sound like an interesting add-on to try!

Hahaha, being a God in RimWorld brings out the weird side in all of us! We have too much power!
Yeah, that's definitely a cool idea. I'd like to have more fire-based fixtures.

Also, I only got to briefly see what you wrote before about the crystal stuff and that's a really neat idea, too!

Edit: Update! The Peanuts mod now includes a PB&J sandwich!