[B18] Orc Invasion 18.01.21

Started by Hokum, January 21, 2018, 09:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polios3

Rly, this race is very fun but , i have request for you. Our orcs have too little choice in armors. When we use other mods like GlitterTech or StarWars our "Ugly" orcs, only die, die and die.

Harry_Dicks

I love the pigmen. Do you think you will ever expand maybe their buildings or more content like their gear? I think they are a great faction to have, and maybe you could have the new Alien Framework Pregnancy Add On incorporated into it. I would freaking love to keep a running lineage of ugly pig men held hostage deep in my mountain dungeon as I slowly sacrifice off the older ones to the Blood God.

AllenWL

Quote from: Call me Arty on January 28, 2018, 03:49:49 PM
I like the difference. Some boring, "Human but green and on protein shakes" would've been expected, but the far more original "Pigmen" design is what got my attention. Besides, if it kills like an orc, eats like an orc, and raids like an orc, isn't it an orc?
From my experience, orcs in Asian fantasy tend to be pig-men more often than not.

Call me Arty

Quote from: AllenWL on January 29, 2018, 09:16:22 PM
From my experience, orcs in Asian fantasy tend to be pig-men more often than not.

I think it's just one of those translational things, where they're close enough. OP totally could've just taken the Asian orcs, same way Elves either dwell in the forest with bows and arrows/make cookies and help Santa, or how Dwarves/Goblins/Kobolds are all strains of the same idea that took their own kinds of paths.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Mufflamingo

Does this mod somehow affects the raid system? Because I had like 6 raids and all were pigmen.

(Also, they freeze to death because they dont have proper attire.)
Bleeeee. . . . .

Canute

What was the outdoor temp ?
Below -30C or just to cold for them ?

Mufflamingo

-30ish. If they attack immediately, there's no problem. But if they decide to wait before attacking, they build up serious hypothermia. Some are even downed before even reaching my base.

(Also, its my 9th raid, all pigmen. No human raiders. :( )
Bleeeee. . . . .

Canute

When it is -30C no human's should appear  anyway, only races with that temp. tolerance or mechanoids.
When the pigman freeze to dead then there is something wrong at their def's.

Mufflamingo

They just get hypothermia then gets so slow because of it and because of snow and then they passout then die.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Call me Arty

Quote from: Mufflamingo on February 01, 2018, 07:52:46 PM
Does this mod somehow affects the raid system? Because I had like 6 raids and all were pigmen.

Raids are based-off of the factions around you. If you're nowhere near a tribal village, you're either getting only or majoritively outlanders. You must've set-up real close to an Orc village(s), and further away from other factions. Since there's no humans in those villages and they probably don't like the idea of marching across a frozen tundra just to die at your base, you're getting Orcs.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Call me Arty on February 02, 2018, 11:29:35 AM
Quote from: Mufflamingo on February 01, 2018, 07:52:46 PM

Raids are based-off of the factions around you. If you're nowhere near a tribal village, you're either getting only or majoritively outlanders. You must've set-up real close to an Orc village(s), and further away from other factions. Since there's no humans in those villages and they probably don't like the idea of marching across a frozen tundra just to die at your base, you're getting Orcs.

Aw men that's the first time I ever got that info. Thanks! Gotta settle in the middle next time.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Call me Arty

Quote from: Mufflamingo on February 02, 2018, 12:03:08 PM
Aw men that's the first time I ever got that info. Thanks! Gotta settle in the middle next time.

Happy to help.

beeeboop

Awesome mod, my friend.

Pigmen > Generic Fantasy Orcs.

Are they meant to be all male? ALL of the ones that I've generated have been.

Maybe you could could make them reproduce by turning pigs into orcs? You've already made a reference to breeding pens, and the colony that you created starts off with five pigs. You could make the orcs spawn an item (maybe spores or other unusual secretion?) that can be applied to a pig to spawn another orc that replaces the pig. Maybe have an intermediate stage that behaves like an animal but will eventually "mature" into an actual orc? You could make increase the rate at which the orc spawning item is spawned as more orcs are present, simulating a biological tendency to swarm. 

lisianthus

I praise your mods.  ;D
So I want you to add more mods for different races.
For example, do you have any plans to create mods for races like elves and dwarves?

I look forward to a positive answer.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: lisianthus on March 04, 2018, 08:12:43 AM
For example, do you have any plans to create mods for races like elves and dwarves?

We already have them as WIPs from the currently being developed LotR mod by Jecrell & Co. ;D