[Project](Alpha6)RimTECH[Upcoming mod]

Started by Celthric Aysen, June 05, 2014, 12:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celthric Aysen

Is an upcoming mod by me, that will add new Future Tech,Industrial Tech, and Low Tech items/features into the game, the mod is inspired from BuildCraft,Thermal Expansion,GalactiCraft,MinefactoryReloaded,ICBMs and Factorio.
Conveyor Belts -moves stuff around your base
More Research
More Turrets-some are Flame and Shotgun turret
A few new Ores
Lava and water pumps
Digital Miner
More Weapons
and bunch of others that i will not spoil :)
Blackjack1000K- Lead Developer
WorldOfIllusion- C# Coder
Nanaz- Lead Texturer
I'm looking for someone who is good at making Textures or C# coding, if your interested please pm me. THANKS! ^_^
anyone wanna be a tester please pm me :)
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Cala13er

So you're making a mod... That Copies/Implements features that are also in a mod that you already develop for. Hmmm, I don't know if I'm comfortable with that.

iame6162013

"Conveyor Belts-moves stuff around your base"
WhoeHoe! :D
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Cala13er on June 05, 2014, 07:54:40 AM
So you're making a mod... That Copies/Implements features that are also in a mod that you already develop for. Hmmm, I don't know if I'm comfortable with that.
hehe... don't think of it like that, i promise that i will stay away from trying to implement features you have into my mod as much as possible so that we will have some sort of variation between our mods :)

Quote from: iame6162013 on June 05, 2014, 09:50:02 AM
"Conveyor Belts-moves stuff around your base"
WhoeHoe! :D
still thinking if i should make item ducts instead of conveyor belts...

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Celthric Aysen

StorymasterQ

No tubes! The internet is already full of tubes! It's a series of tubes, all alike, filled with cats! o_O
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 08, 2014, 08:17:25 PM
No tubes! The internet is already full of tubes! It's a series of tubes, all alike, filled with cats! o_O
I smell a Cat stuck in a tube outside -_-

StorymasterQ

As my friend once said, "Better a cat stuck in a tube than a tube stuck in a cat."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Celthric Aysen

TUBES AND CATS...
Coming soon 2000000014

Celthric Aysen

just bought a new laptop with core i3 3310m processor 2.4Ghz
and with NIVIDA GeForce graphics with windows 8.1 its deffinitly gonna take time on getting used to also will take time transporting all my assets on the old laptop to this one so a bit of deley there but its for a good cause ^_^
finally got that stinking netbook gone :P

forsaken1111

Quote from: Cala13er on June 05, 2014, 07:54:40 AM
Think of it this way. If he does it better than other mods, the community gets a better implementation of a current feature. If he doesn't nobody will use it. This isn't a competition here, we're all just enriching the community.

Rensiur

Every attempt to create something will show ways how to do or how not to do things.

Someone might come up with a genius Nobel Prize worthy idea to implement a feature via means of a mod while another modf does the same thing ina way too complicated way.

Mods are a bit like Darwinism, surviuval of thefittest and everyone shall be encouraged to try and mod, even if it is eventually only for aour own sake, its still fun.

mrofa

Its kinda scary since modding is more addicting than smoking and drinking together X_X
So in my opinion if he credit the guys that he copy/placed alot of stuff ( if they require credit ofc), go jack and copy/place the world :D
And learn new stuff.
Just remmber beware of squierrls overlords!

All i do is clutter all around.

Celthric Aysen

if anyone is wondering this mod is still in heavy construction, should have announced this when i had at'least a demo version available, i was just scared that someone may take the name :P