Non-steam links for 1 B18 mod [Deafness and Blindness] please

Started by docssy, January 31, 2018, 09:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docssy

wwWraith

Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Basicly it isn't the right choise to link to the russian site.
I don't think they got the permission from the mod authors to distribute their mods.
When a mod author decide only to release on steam you should accept that.
Sure most/many don't care about if someone do that, but it can cause trouble.

wwWraith

Someone wants it - someone gets it. I bet he already saw that link in the Google but the Russian button labels was hard to understand, so I've just copied a direct link. I never saw a mod that included something like "You will be blessed by the permission to use my mod only if you obey to use Steam and only Steam" in its license. Most authors don't "decide" to release only on Steam but they just are too lazy to upload it somewhere else or maintain forum thread or forgot about it or simply don't care. I'd rather call it a sort of discrimination if someone would intentionally limit the using of his mod to only Steam users. So I don't think it can cause any real troubles :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

docssy

Thank you @wwWraith - that website is brutal to navigate and the workshop description didn't help. God send!

@Fuglypump - Thank you for taking the time to cross post across from Steam. Not sure how you happened upon this topic, but thank you.

Fuglypump

Rustic Fox posted a comment on the steam workshop page for Fallout Traits with a link to this thread, you can thank him for notifying me of this thread. :)

I've been procrastinating on pushing my mods onto GitHub + the forums, after seeing this request I finally convinced myself to do it.