Bought the game never had any sound :/

Started by ABearableTeddy, February 16, 2018, 10:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABearableTeddy

Hello there :)
So I bought the game from steam and I run Windows 10 x64
I'm currently using a Razer Man o war 7.1 Headset and I havent got any sound since I bought the game 2 days ago. After looking at some solutions which ended up not helping me at all this is my last hope.
I cant attach any log files as I'm not finding any but you may be able to help me out (looked in main menu and opened save folder from there. There were only presets available). I already updated all the drivers for my audio devices and verified the integrity of the game cache on steam.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Bearableteddy

Canute

You look at this thread to find the output_log.txt
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

But you get any sound under windows (media player,VLC, etc.) or other games you are geting sound?
And the headset is the only soundoutput and selected as default for windows ?

ABearableTeddy

Ive had sound on any other game i played or bought so far

ABearableTeddy

heres the data thing not attached but copied and pasted
thank you for the link

Initialize engine version: 5.6.3p1 (9c92e827232b)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvldumd.dll 23.21.13.9077]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     3072 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0 ATOC=1 BC4=1 BC5=1
FMOD failed to initialize the output device, attempting to initialize the null output.

(Filename:  Line: 1121)

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b11.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b11.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.035 seconds
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Setting to default shader.
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 1.139908 ms
RimWorld 0.18.1722 rev1198

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Platform assembly: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 1f78 -> priority: 1
  Thread -> id: bd4 -> priority: 1

ABearableTeddy

Quote from: Canute on February 16, 2018, 11:13:49 AM
You look at this thread to find the output_log.txt
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

But you get any sound under windows (media player,VLC, etc.) or other games you are geting sound?
And the headset is the only soundoutput and selected as default for windows ?

Oh and yes its set to default :)
Thank you for your help :)
I tried lowering the hrzt from 48.000 to 16.000 didnt work :/

Calahan

The issue appears to be that there is something preventing the game from using/detecting your sound device, indicated by this log error.

FMOD failed to initialize the output device, attempting to initialize the null output.

Another user reported having a similar (same?) issue with their Razer headset and they got their sound working after getting help from Razer support. Here is a link to that thread, and the most relevant post. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37083.0

Quote from: Adrestia on November 26, 2017, 11:06:38 AM
I decided to try asking Razer support. They ran me through some stuff and here's what seems to have happened.

I had some virtual speakers for running virtual audio through discord. They had me disable those. Shut down all razer tasks in my task window, restart synapse and calibrate.

I relaunched Rimworld and Voila! Success. Transcript attached for posterity.
Does the above apply to you / your setup?

- Other obvious suggestions are to stop/disable any other programs or devices that might be using your sound device. eg. Chat apps, recording software/devices, video/music apps etc. etc.

- Are you able to (or have you already tried) testing to see if you get sound in game with speakers connected?

- Finally, have you tried disconnecting your headset, starting RimWorld, and then reconnecting you headset?

- If all the above fails then you might get more luck with this, like the above user did, by contacting Razer support. As they are likely to know a lot more about devices/programs that cause conflicts with their headset, and how to resolve it, than we do here.