[1.0] Smart Medicine

Started by Uuugggg, February 22, 2018, 02:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote from: Uuugggg on March 01, 2018, 06:41:11 PM
Hey lol the github is not for release, its for source.
But you posted it here at the forum for non-steam people, so the only download was github.
But thanks for the final github release ! :-)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on March 02, 2018, 03:20:57 AM
Quote from: Uuugggg on March 01, 2018, 06:41:11 PM
Hey lol the github is not for release, its for source.
But you posted it here at the forum for non-steam people, so the only download was github.
But thanks for the final github release ! :-)

This. Plus, many of us will play with/test unstable releases and/or pre-release builds. I do, at least!

Harry_Dicks

Wow. I just looked at the mod options for this. Holy shit. I had no idea HOW FREAKING AWESOME YOU ARE!!!

You essentially let me have "walk off bruises" from the not-officially-updated QOLTweaksPacks (that PeteTimesSix has ignored my question if he will update it or not...). This is so freaking great. Thank you! ;D

Could you please explain what the final slider is for, "...include medicine that is good enough 0-100%" I don't understand this. Is that mean that the doctor should include medicine that is equivalent to 50% or whatever you set it to? Sorry, but I need this explained in better "dummy terms" for myself, if you don't mind :)

Uuugggg

> equivalent to 50%

Yea, that's the deal. Phrasing can change there.

I expect it to be set to like 90% - so if the herbal medicine+doctor quality is 0.9, well the maximum is 1.0 so 0.9 is good enough.

That may be better than using normal medicine which does get 1.0, but is worth 1.5, a waste of 0.5.

Harry_Dicks

How much more awesome can this mod be?! It seems like everyday you've got something even more great for us. And I really do appreciate it, honestly. :)

Crow_T

Yet another QoL must have, thanks!
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Fatsack

Hey I was getting a bug with this mod, where I couldn't give any right-click commands to my Pawns.  when I checked the trace log it mentioned this mod, and when I removed it, the bug went away, thought you might want to know.

Uuugggg

^^ said rightclicking is fixed

I didn't get the problem to show up myself :/ But there was only one thing that could be the issue

Harry_Dicks

Wow! Alex, man, you are SERIOUSLY on a ROLL with this mod! Holy crap, it just keep getting more and more amazing! Things I didn't even know I wanted this badly! ;D

I must applaud you. I love how you've taken this one idea, of how the vanilla game crappily dealt with how doctors had to go get medicine to treat people, after said person might have been required to be hauled to a (possibly non-existent!) open/available bed. Now with your one mod, you've completely expanded upon so many different options that you've given to the player for how they would like to deal with this problem.

Every update, which has been pretty much everyday, you bring us some other new, fantastic option. I'm curious, do you have anymore plans for the mod that you have yet to implement? How much further could you take it? Either way, you've done one hell of a great job. Thank you. :)

Uuugggg

> I'm curious, do you have anymore plans for the mod that you have yet to implement?

... Nope.

The only addition right now is having settings per-map, and stock up per-pawn. That requires UI work for only a little benefit. I'll see if I want it badly enough after actually playing the game again a bit.

Harry_Dicks

Wow that does sound incredibly awesome if you were to ever implement it. Yes, I can see it now: designate this head doctor guy to carry around his nice glitterworld medicine, and you can have some of your "combat mules" or whatever carrying around a few herbal medicines each! Holy crap, this sounds AMAZING if we could set this up on a per pawn basis!

I have a dream actually of a mod that allows the player to turn on/off inventory "slots" for pawns. For example, a medicine slot, weapon/sidearm slow, drug slot, food slot, 1 or 2 bonus slots, etc. The idea being that the pawn can only carry one (or up to one stack?) of whatever in each slot.

You've kinda already gotten that going, and virtually perfected it, with the medicine slot. Is this something you would ever be interested in making, something similar to what you have, but for the other slots too? Maybe allow the player to control the food and drug slots of inventory, if anything?

Either way, you've still done an amazing job. Just wanting to throw some suggestions out there. I did post this once on a thread in the suggestions board, and it received positive responses. I'm especially keen on the idea of letting the player decide what "slots" they want to allow on pawns. Maybe some players only want a medicine, drug, and food slot. Maybe others want to have a few "anything slots" to further use stuff like Pick Up and Haul. Anyway it is fun to think about, but I am not versed in C# so I can only suggest things for the time being :P

Harry_Dicks

Just started a new little test game. One of my pawns started with asthma, so one of the docs was following them around trying to treat it. I had the game on speedx3, and thought there was some sort of bug going on, where it was causing one of my pawns to get stuck to another one. Turns out, it was the doc constantly trying to treat the other pawn's asthma, with no medicine (because of mod options), however the patient would never stay still long enough (wandering around, because new game with no jobs started yet) for the doc to finish the action bar. I'll post a pic of my mod options. Also, I double checked and the doc hadn't even had a chance to pick up any of the starting medicine yet. Right after drop pods landed, they started trying to heal the patient right away (which is awesome).

Harry_Dicks

Sorry, one more thing. In the options, I have the doctors set to carry around 5 medicine, and the only types disallowed are glitterworld medicine. However, this means they are now carrying around 5 each of herbal and regular medicine.

I know you mentioned you had considered it before, but now I think that it would be even more awesome if this were fully implemented: where you could set each individual pawns options, how much of what kind of medicine they should carry. This way, I could only let me best doctors carry around glitter medicine (once I have some), and let my nurses carry around regular medicine, field medices herbal or regular, whatever.

Damn, this could be so awesome! Not that it isn't already mind-blowingly awesome, but it could be even more mind-blowingly awesomer ::)

BTW, I can put a snake puzzle cube together faster than you :P

CEPMatos

Harry_Dicks

It's me... again...

I was resetting a lot of my mod settings, including this one. Once I had done that, I was back in the mod options, going in to setup the options for this mod the way I would like them. However, as I was going down the list, I got to the part where I could enable the option for "enable doctors to stock up on medicine in their inventory", and as I pressed that, I received this error, about RW having trouble changing the window when I had selected this option. But, if I just pressed escape and went back to the mod options screen, and then back to this mod's mod options, then everything was now working as it should be. I now had the different medicine icons near the lower part of the screen, that I could enable/disable a doctor from carrying (which was not there before I had enabled this option, the one that brought the error). Not sure if it's a big deal or not, as I could still use the mod by backing out, but still figured it might be worth your attention :)

[HugsLib][ERR] Exception during DoWindowContents: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SmartMedicine.Settings.DoWindowContents (Rect wrect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SmartMedicine.Mod.DoSettingsWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_VanillaModSettings.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
RimWorld.Dialog_VanillaModSettings:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)