[1.0] Smart Medicine

Started by Uuugggg, February 22, 2018, 02:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiro

Is there any reason to use both Smart Medicine and Pharmacist at the same time? I'm not really quite understanding what Pharmacist does that Smart Medicine doesn't already do.

bigheadzach

Pharmacist attempts to make judgement calls on what medicine to use to treat certain illnesses/injuries based on severity, but since Smart Medicine allows you to individually select treatment options per illness/injury, all Pharmacist does at that point is save you a click from time to time.

Personally, if I can pause the game when injuries occur, I don't feel I need Pharmacist if I can choose freely via Smart Medicine.

Canute

Not to speak, Smart Medicine allow you to stock up medicin at the doctor's inventory.

Ser Kitteh

So in my current run, for some reason, the 'stock up' option isn't available in the gear tab. I'm not sure why.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/509c80326dcec870683f8610cf107152

Canute

Tt's about
Sandy's Detailed RPG Inventory !
Try to load SmartMedicin after that mod, then it should works.
At last it does at my side.

Ser Kitteh

Dang, it didn't! Smart Medicine is right after it.

However, this never happened before, so Idk why this is the case!

Canute

Maybe another mod, did you try to load Smart Medicin at the last place ?
Do you use the latest version ? 8 days ago there was an update so it works with RPG mod. If you use steam the question is pointless.

Ser Kitteh

Ah, that must be it! I downloaded the newest version of github, it was an older version. Thanks, Canute.

Dr_Zhivago

Not sure if this is intended, or a me issue, or mod issue, but my UI on the "Assign" tab looks like this when I run your mod:

https://imgur.com/a/FjxRW0M

paragonid

Does option "Medical settings for surgery default to using best available medicine" work as intended? I have it off and all new pawns/prisoners still get "Use best medicine for surgery" on, so I have to disable manually for everyone. Any ideas?

The options: https://imgur.com/a/SWtR77i

Uuugggg

Yes I guess that doesn't work, I am fixing that now

Uuugggg

Y'know what, that setting is working correctly but confused me so the description is updated.

The setting in the Smart Medicine options is for new games - it's what the default is set to.

The actual default you want to change in game, can be set alongside the normal medical defaults, accessible from the Health tab.

paragonid

Uh so can't change it during game?
Rip micromanaging one more thing for each new captured pirate/colonist now
Thanks for response

togfox

Does this expand or enhance a pawns inventory? Can a pawn carry a simple meal AND a herbal medicine? Would this mod let a pawn carry more than they normally could in vanilla?

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: togfox on February 07, 2019, 08:09:18 PM
Does this expand or enhance a pawns inventory? Can a pawn carry a simple meal AND a herbal medicine? Would this mod let a pawn carry more than they normally could in vanilla?

Expand? Not really. Enhance? Sure. It allows you to designate drugs/medicine to be carried around in inventory based on your desired number. (eg: carry 10 herbal medicine and 1 beer).

Yes can carry multiple items.

Does not change the total carry weight of a pawn, so they may not be able to pick up items if too burdened.