[1.0] DeepRim. Underground exploration/mining! Update: Christmas/New Year

Started by meowmeow, February 28, 2018, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozymandias

I'm trying to get the underground lift to work, but I don't understand how to. Could someone explain this? I've drilled a layer, but I'm trying to get multiple access points to a single layer.

Man_Jones

Yeah this keeps happening when I select the mining drill and I am unable to place the drill itself.

Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
  at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.BuildableDef.get_PlaceWorkers () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GhostDrawer.DrawGhostThing (IntVec3 center, Rot4 rot, Verse.ThingDef thingDef, Verse.Graphic baseGraphic, Color ghostCol, AltitudeLayer drawAltitude) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Place.DrawGhost (Color ghostCol) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Place.SelectedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.SelectedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DesignatorManager.DesignatorManagerUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootUpdate()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

(I am also trying to remember how to do spoilers)

mekukutut

Now that we have dwarves in Lord Of The Rims this looks really interesting.
But would it maybe possible to offer variation of this mod where the shafts don't need power? Those dwarves have no electricity nor magic, they probably use ladders or stairs.
Or would it even be possible to just change some parameters in teh existing mod to get rid of the powercells?

Best,
mekutata

Canute

mekukutut,
the fastest and easyest way for you are
- open with and texteditor ...\DeepRim\Defs\Building_Buildable.xml
- search and delete
<li Class="CompProperties_Power">
<compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
<basePowerConsumption>1200</basePowerConsumption>
</li>

- since the shaft got no power anymore, i would say you should remove the glowing too
<li Class="CompProperties_Glower">
<glowRadius>4</glowRadius>
<glowColor>(255,0,0,0)</glowColor>
</li>

tmo97

Anyone else having a smug smirk at the fact that this is basically the Z-level suggestion?
Too hard to make, huh?  ::) ;)

BlueWinds

Quote from: tmo97 on June 02, 2018, 10:31:33 AM
Anyone else having a smug smirk at the fact that this is basically the Z-level suggestion?
Too hard to make, huh?  ::) ;)

Notice the lack of pathing between levels. It's all 100% player controlled. Getting the AI to path between levels, to consider things on different levels when making decisions, etc. is the part that's 'too hard' - which hasn't been done in this mod at all.

Which is no knock against DeepRim - it's a pretty neat little thing. But it's not z-levels like most people mean when they say that.

mekukutut

Quote from: Canute on June 02, 2018, 07:11:47 AM
mekukutut,
the fastest and easyest way for you are
- open with and texteditor ...\DeepRim\Defs\Building_Buildable.xml
- search and delete
<li Class="CompProperties_Power">
<compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
<basePowerConsumption>1200</basePowerConsumption>
</li>

- since the shaft got no power anymore, i would say you should remove the glowing too
<li Class="CompProperties_Glower">
<glowRadius>4</glowRadius>
<glowColor>(255,0,0,0)</glowColor>
</li>

sweet, i will try this out NOW..

so i did as suggested. but the shaft seems not to start drilling. progress remains 0%

Canute

Ok, sorry didn't test it myself before.
Looks like the drilling process require power is coded into the assemblies (.dll file).
Then you need to wait for some modder to modify the assemblies so it need work and not power for the drilling.

Spdskatr

Do I win something?

EDIT: Help me please I code on a bright background
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

filippe999

Excellent, now i can satisfy my dreams of placing my nuclear reactors underground

meowmeow

Quote from: Spdskatr on June 06, 2018, 03:43:51 AM
Do I win something?

EDIT: Help me please I code on a bright background

Yes. The CIA is on their way to deliver your prize. Do not resist. The government have only your best interest in mind.

Also, you shall be immortalized in future versions. In some way. No promise.

Grillbye

Hi,

I have a problem and I'm not 100% sure it's related to DeepRim, but it seems so to me, so I'll post that here. Since I installed DeepRim (or at least I think so),  I have no events anymore on my primary maps. No raids, random things like thing join my colony, breakdown or whatever else it can be. I thought it was because of my storyteller and/or difficulty but when  I checked, it was still the same : I have Cassandra Classic and my diffculty is set to "Some Challenge". Now, my question is : is having an undergound map the problem of the events not showing on the primary map that's not underground ? If so, what can I do ? If not, where is the problem and why ?
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.

Canute

Grillbye,
you would be the first who got this problems.
When i used DeepRim i didn't got any trouble's with incidents.
There was a developer option to see the future incident, but currently i can't find it.

Maybe you should post an error log (CTRL-F12 or output_log.txt) maybe there is something to see.

Grillbye

The problem is that there is no errog log. I just feel like since I installed the mod, that's when I started to get  no event at all; maybe the game just doesn't give any event because the storyteller doesn't want to, and yet I still think it's the problem. I get no "inspiration frenzy", nor sickness or blights on my crops, no crazy animal...

EDIT : Since you asked for a debug log, I uploaded mine here : https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/3cdac61ebf8c08c251f66ed2dd51a9e9
Though it might be very long to read as  I have some mods that appear in it when it loads just to tell me it loaded correctly.
Prisoners? Don't wanna keep them? Eat them! ALL of them.