[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

lakajadiwa

Quick question CP, love the song idea, but will the radio only play one song at a time, or is there a shuffle feature which will play all the songs?

Thanks for the hard work, can't wait to see what you're making next!

P.s Kinda surprised you didn't add "We didn't start the fire" :)

Canute

Ofcourse each pawn should listen his own song, when you hover the mouse over a pawn you will hear it, or the closest one from the radio.
If the song's would be for you, you still can play them in an external player ! :-)

Skynert

What about adding TacticoolTM REUSABLE droppod, for tacticool attack on tribals for they pemnican?

Chicken Plucker

Yay, progress!

Look, guys progress! SO MUCH PROGRESS! No not really. It's just a vending machine, with no workbills and no equipment purchasable because I haven't coded that yet. I spent a good hour trying to fix the old B18 stuff into this, but all the food coding is broken, along with the old thoughtdefs, workgivers and drugs, and drug tolerance stuff... So on and so forth. There is no shortcuts for the food, I have to bloody remake them all along with the thoughtdefs and recipes. Guys pls halp.

Quote from: lakajadiwa on October 15, 2018, 08:36:08 PM
Quick question CP, love the song idea, but will the radio only play one song at a time, or is there a shuffle feature which will play all the songs?

Thanks for the hard work, can't wait to see what you're making next!

P.s Kinda surprised you didn't add "We didn't start the fire" :)

Never heard of that song before, but it seems to fit in! I'll think about it, still clawing my head off the vending machine when I'm struggling to not fall asleep after college.

Yes, I asked Jecrell to add in the shuffle feature that he said he forgot to add since the beginning of the radio mod, but it's still not here and he hasn't said a word about it. I don't like to confront him cause I know he's very busy, if I poke him he might just turn around and it's not Jecrell that meets me, but some star vampire he sent as decoy to stop me from constantly asking him for mod related stuff.

I will wait, but if it never comes, I hope it doesn't spoil anything for many.

Quote from: Canute on October 16, 2018, 03:19:19 AM
Ofcourse each pawn should listen his own song, when you hover the mouse over a pawn you will hear it, or the closest one from the radio.
If the song's would be for you, you still can play them in an external player ! :-)

Canute u wot, then I should have just added that in the mod description instead of paying for a radio, tarnation, at least the real life one I don't have to pester Jecrell to add in a shuffle feature and end up getting awkward silence breaks in our conversations

Quote from: Skynert on October 16, 2018, 04:52:00 AM
What about adding TacticoolTM REUSABLE droppod, for tacticool attack on tribals for they pemnican?

I don't know, drop pods are very C# intensive. As mentioned above, just the small features I wanted help with is already very difficult since I keep asking a person who now doesn't reply to me frequently.

It's not a bad idea by any means and I have thought about it, but if I am going there, I'm gonna make a bigger version of the drop pod, it will be reusable and it will be textured as a freakin helicopter. That's a big if, things are tight enough as it is, low budget, low on replies from other people who are busy.

Running out of favours here, and I suppose soon it's back to my dark ages where I had no C# support at all.

dninemfive

For "reusable" drop pods without C#, you should be able to reproduce the PodLauncher and TransportPod ThingDefs but make them minifiable and give them smaller masses so you can take them with you, plus a lighter fuel to fill them up by giving your new PodLauncher a fuelFilter with a different item. You can just reuse the vanilla classes for this to work as far as I can tell.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: dninemfive on October 16, 2018, 09:25:57 PM
For "reusable" drop pods without C#, you should be able to reproduce the PodLauncher and TransportPod ThingDefs but make them minifiable and give them smaller masses so you can take them with you, plus a lighter fuel to fill them up by giving your new PodLauncher a fuelFilter with a different item. You can just reuse the vanilla classes for this to work as far as I can tell.

Fair one then, I'll see what I can do after I finish the other content this mod has, I.e. Training console and Vending machine stuff.

I'm thinking I'm gonna use the ODST drop pods from Halo, make it reusable assuming I can make it not self destruct upon landing (which those ODST drop pods don't do) and make it all haulable and with better range. If everything runs smoothly it'll happen, but if it does need C# work then I'm gonna mildly slam my goats on the table and go "uh, darn it"

EDIT: Several hours later.. I'm home and I see the new 1.0 update email. I go "uh-oh."

I message Jecrell who is offline, I get on my knees and beg for recompilings.. THEN, I boot up the 1.0 version and turn on the B19 mods, see what's broken and.. Nothing.

To my bloody surprise, the only major update that hasn't broken jack, aside from Rimmu-Nation Weapons where the Bomb damagedef broke, I don't need to update any .dll for the clothing or furniture and I'm wondering if something is going on, I need to run some tests here.

Is Christmas early or summin' lads? Someone bloody tell me!

dninemfive

The DLLs still work? I thought you had to recompile if the version changes at all!

If that's the case, updating my own mods might not take too long and I should be able to have a prototype FIB raid system available late this weekend, depending on how much schoolwork (and updates) I have to do beforehand. I already have a system all planned out; the only real snag might be the way I hook the bills.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: dninemfive on October 17, 2018, 06:18:55 PM
The DLLs still work? I thought you had to recompile if the version changes at all!

If that's the case, updating my own mods might not take too long and I should be able to have a prototype FIB raid system available late this weekend, depending on how much schoolwork (and updates) I have to do beforehand. I already have a system all planned out; the only real snag might be the way I hook the bills.

Yes they work! And I would suggest they raid every amount of earning instead of random. I don't mind if its a straight raid from now on, as long as the faction starts off friendly until people start breaking the dang law. Thanks dninem, I'm dying, I gotta sleep, I'll get back to you on this tomorrow if you are interested in talking to me then

I uploaded the 1.0 updates to everyone, mostly just version number changes and me adding the power buildings of red horse furniture into the tab it belongs to. It's all on Steam now despite being unfinished and missing it's trailers. I just wanted to upload them on a significant date, why not the 17th, the day when Rimworld was finished?

Might as well. I'll catch up with you all tommorrow, it's already 1AM, hope it was all worth it. Thank you all for your help and support, bloody love you all.

Chicken Plucker

Good Morning

So I screwed up twice, updated Rimmu-Nation test versions and replaced B18 versions by accident. Then I had to roll back the B18 versions, all while I'm supposed to be leaving for college already.

I'd like to apologise for my messed up wording last night, dninemfive, I read back what I wrote and it sounded all commandy, I didn't intend to at all.

At least after 3 hours of sleep, I'm still tired, in fact, my brain is all messed up now.

But hey, seeing this

Seeing how far the game has went, from my old days in my teeny tiny fingers playing the pirated version cause I was young and I couldn't afford to pay for the full game at the time during around A14, it makes me think it was worth the loss of sleep and possibly getting beasted by Staff French for possibly being late today for parade.

Chicken Plucker

Notes:
- Not all Maxi meals are back, plenty of beverages un-added.
- Nuka-Colas are freakin' cool.
- Surplus Machine is pretty good
- Vending Machine has a few snacks, no MREs on it right now
- There's a minor error relating to food poisoning chance, I will sort it out later. It doesn't affect your game whatsoever. (all gone, weirdly enough)

- Don't forget to re-enable the new food items in the stockpile settings
- You have to make a new policy in order for Nuka-Colas to show up the social drugs tab, this is because it's freshly enabled.
- You also have to enable the new food items in the food restrictions, they will be auto-disabled for being newly added.

Gonna go sleep, I'm tired. May add the Maxi meals back later.

sumghai

Hey CP, just a heads-up that the RAR file for Military Furniture actually contains content for RN Clothing.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: sumghai on October 19, 2018, 06:27:31 AM
Hey CP, just a heads-up that the RAR file for Military Furniture actually contains content for RN Clothing.

For steam or google drive?

Can't make changes in college atm, but if it's google drive then I'm assuming that's for the B19 version, which is outdated. Thankfully the 1.0 is all sorted and I just linked all the mods in one folder instead of one by one

sumghai

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on October 19, 2018, 07:05:33 AM

For steam or google drive?

Can't make changes in college atm, but if it's google drive then I'm assuming that's for the B19 version, which is outdated. Thankfully the 1.0 is all sorted and I just linked all the mods in one folder instead of one by one

Military Furniture for RW 1.0 on Google Drive.

The Steam version is fine, though.

Valter Jr

The file in Google Driver Red Horse Furniture (1.0) contains the same file as RN Clothing

Chicken Plucker

Got home, it's sorted out now so thank you for informing me. Update coming soon, training consoles will be added, some minor balancing fixes for the medical stretcher.

Stay tuned