Grey screen, extreme lag and all colonists disappeared

Started by Eric Bronson, March 22, 2018, 07:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Bronson

Hi guys,

Two days ago playing one of my saves the screen turned grey and froze and all I could still see was the characters names on the map and the options bar at the bottom.
Restarting the game resulted in the same thing, and after trying something with turning off "show hats only on game map" I got back in but everything was sooo laggy it was like slow motion.
It got from bad to worse and now when I start up ANY of my saved games there are NO characters, they have all simply disappeared completely.

I have about 25 mods...

The game always starts with a lot of yellow error lines and I noticed one red line saying stuff like "could not execute post-long-event action".
Even unchecking the mods I installed since the last save game that didn't have any bugs did not result in anything going back to normal.

Does this sound familiar to anyone out there? :(

Calahan

Please read the pinned "How to Report a Mod Bug" thread and provide the information requested.

And are you getting this problem with new games, both modded and vanilla? Or only when trying to load saves from one particular colony?

Eric Bronson

Oh yes sorry here's the log file, the HugsLib Ctrl F12 log function kept timing out so that doesn't work either.
This is a list of my mods:

EdB Prepare Carefully
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
HugsLib
Hospitality
JecsTools
Doors Expanded
Medical Tab
QualityBuilder
More Trade Ships
[T] MoreFloors
Facial Stuff 0.18.0
Spoons Hair Mod
Rimsenal - Rimhair
Nackblad Inc Rimhair
FashionRIMsta
Spidercamp's Dog Pack (B18)
Statue of Colonist
Misc. Robots
Miscellaneous 'CORE'
Craftable Robots - all robots - A18
RimRoads
Glass+Lights
Area Rugs B18
Defensive Positions

This is the only red error in the startup screen, that wasn't there before:

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.AccessTools+<>c.<TypeByName>b__1_0 (System.Reflection.Assembly x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Harmony.AccessTools.TypeByName (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CompVehicle.HarmonyCompVehicle..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor (intptr)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility.CallAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.<DoPlayLoad>m__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

So it affects ALL my previously saved games: older ones (last week) won't even load now and tell me they can't load the map. I haven't tried starting a new one yet, I was only like 30 minutes into the last game when the bugs came. I did start that game with 12 self-made colonists.

I also just noticed that most doors have disappeared as well and animals are walking in all directions facing just one direction, i.e. they're walking backwards and such.

Here is also a zipfile of my latest save
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BSwXKsyIGVuTDLK1KvhbQtb0YQgfQSJ0

[attachment deleted due to age]

Eric Bronson

Hope this log file does work...

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Hi Eric,
at first i saw many error's in "...RimWorld\Mods\Core\..." and this shouldn't happen.
Could you please try to reinstall Rimworld at first.

And since the upload with hugslib didn't worked, at last this mod need an update, maybe other mods too.

Eric Bronson

I have reinstalled the game, but since that didn't fix it I started sifting through all the mods and found out that 'Craftable Robots - all robots - A18' was causing all of the error messages!
Game runs perfectly again! :D

Eric Bronson

Thanks for the tip it's a great alternative indeed!