errors with mods

Started by CrazyGamer313, April 10, 2018, 10:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyGamer313

i have installed "some" mods and i have come agross some issues first of most weapons that are not from CE dont do damage even if they hit secondly the game crashes somtimes and maps somtimes cant be loaded or generatet the next one is that recoilles rifles and turrets from machka dont work and wont accept the shells if postet an list of mods on this reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/8aapbw/could_anyone_help_with_my_problem/
i woukld apriciate if you could help next one is an crash folder

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

QuoteCE dont do damage even if they hit secondly the game crashes somtimes
Why do you think any weapon/armor/race need a CE patch ?
Some might work other not or got reduced effect.

QuoteE:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin.exe, run by Lysander.
65% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [78 MB free].
Read from location 00000010 caused an access violation.
I am not sure, but that sounds like a memory problem, either Rimworld reach the 3,2 GB limit or your harddisk/volume is full.

Maybe post the other log, look at the stick from this subforum point 5a  or 4+5 to have a better view.

Calahan

Yes as Canute, please post your output_log.txt file (as an attachment) as that should contain more information about what is causing the crash (an access violation error can be caused by a variety of issues. With RimWorld it usually means running out of memory, but need the log file to be certain).

Also, why have you created a new thread for this problem? As you created a thread for this just two days ago. If you have more info about it now (you didn't mention crashing before) then you could have just posted an update in your previous thread rather than creating another thread. Please use your existing thread for the same issue in future thank you (I have deleted your old thread now as this one supersedes it).

CrazyGamer313

where do i find an output.log

CrazyGamer313

Canute
i dont think every mod needs an ce patch but i noticed like from the star wars mod the blasters dont do damag to pawns even if in the combat log it says it hit

Canute

Because
Quote from: CrazyGamer313 on April 10, 2018, 11:52:02 AM
where do i find an output.log
Look 2. postings above, i wrote where you can find it.

Quote from: CrazyGamer313 on April 10, 2018, 11:53:37 AM
i dont think every mod needs an ce patch but i noticed like from the star wars mod the blasters dont do damag to pawns even if in the combat log it says it hit
No you need them, the weapon maybe hit, but it made *plopp* and the bullet/beam/whatever just get stoped by the much stronger CE armor or the weapon don't got an armor penetration.

CrazyGamer313

Canute its not the ce armor it even dosnt do damage when the colonist has nothing

Canute

Then ask at the CE topic about that, if you got an explanation.

And you responce and still no error log ? :-(

CrazyGamer313

here you go
and ill try to get the error logs too
got the error long while starting the game have to go now
https://pastebin.com/rDJqPRw3

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Danke crazy,
but we needed the error log after these crash you mention or at last with these error's you posted with the pastbin link.
This errorlog (output_log.txt) is nearly useless.

We need the output_log.txt, after a crash happen, so see why it's crashed.

When a non-CE weapon don't do any damage, you should ask in the CE topic

So dann mal gute nacht.

Calahan

Quote from: Canute on April 10, 2018, 04:05:44 PM
Danke crazy,
but we needed the error log after these crash you mention or at last with these error's you posted with the pastbin link.
This errorlog (output_log.txt) is nearly useless.

We need the output_log.txt, after a crash happen, so see why it's crashed.
And can you please post your output_log.txt file (as attachment), and not a HugsLib log file. As the HugsLib log seems to redact some of the system info that is contained in the proper log file (no idea why it does this, but it does). As such I'm not 100% sure if the (full) crash data will be contained in the HugsLib log or not, so please post the proper log file to be sure.

Edit: I've been FYI'd (thanks Canute) that the game needs to be running in order to generate a HugsLib log, and this obviously (Doh!) becomes impossible if the game crashes. Meaning HugsLib logs will never contain crash data (for a logical reason).

CrazyGamer313

ok if the game crashes again ill post the log then but what about maps not generating and saves spontainiusly not loading ill try to get an error log? after it says could not load?

Calahan

Quote from: CrazyGamer313 on April 11, 2018, 07:23:25 AM... ill try to get an error log? after it says could not load?
Yes. The log file only contains details about things that occurred during the most recent playing session, and it does not contain any information about things that happened in any previous playing sessions. Which means you need to check/post the error log after *whatever* problem just occurred.

And make sure not to restart RimWorld after the problem either because the error log is wiped clean every time the game is initialised. So either post the log file here (as an attachment) after a problem occurs, or copy/move the log file somewhere else on your harddrive to keep it safe (and prevent it from being wiped when you start the game again).

CrazyGamer313

so heres the error log of the save not being loaded https://pastebin.com/iFXrJkmJ

CrazyGamer313

random error that occured whiole playing (got one world to load on 30%) https://pastebin.com/cDzbFrKw

another one https://pastebin.com/uTET6P6u