Dumbest thing you've ever heard?

Started by Splinterbee, June 18, 2014, 05:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clayton

Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 09, 2014, 09:19:21 PM
Quote from: Splinterbee on September 09, 2014, 05:23:41 PM
Quote from: Clayton on September 09, 2014, 01:39:23 PM
Religion in general. Between talking snakes, galactic space daddies, "Arks" that are smaller than the Titanic but were supposedly carrying two of every animal in the world...

The list goes on. There's just something about religion that makes me cringe lol.
Agreed. Some of the logics is so rediculouse that I can't believe people believe in it.

Eh. Whatever floats your boat, surely (barely a pun). To me, religion is okay as long as it keeps you from killing each other. In my language, the word "religion" is translated to essentially mean "no chaos". I may not be as religious as my parents want me to be, but by God if I can use my religion to keep chaos out of my life, I shall.

I guess in the end it's not about religion, but morals.

Religion has cause the most deaths than anything else in the world; from Inquisitions, to "Holy" wars, to excuses to make war and everything in between, religion is a sickness on the world.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Clayton on September 09, 2014, 11:16:06 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on September 09, 2014, 09:19:21 PM
Quote from: Splinterbee on September 09, 2014, 05:23:41 PM
Quote from: Clayton on September 09, 2014, 01:39:23 PM
Religion in general. Between talking snakes, galactic space daddies, "Arks" that are smaller than the Titanic but were supposedly carrying two of every animal in the world...

The list goes on. There's just something about religion that makes me cringe lol.
Agreed. Some of the logics is so rediculouse that I can't believe people believe in it.

Eh. Whatever floats your boat, surely (barely a pun). To me, religion is okay as long as it keeps you from killing each other. In my language, the word "religion" is translated to essentially mean "no chaos". I may not be as religious as my parents want me to be, but by God if I can use my religion to keep chaos out of my life, I shall.

I guess in the end it's not about religion, but morals.

Religion has cause the most deaths than anything else in the world; from Inquisitions, to "Holy" wars, to excuses to make war and everything in between, religion is a sickness on the world.

Agreed. But have morals cause any of that? Which is why it's pointless to have religion but no morals.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Geokinesis

Anything Richard 'Dick Dorkins' Dawkins says.

Cpt.Fupa

Quote from: Snownova on September 09, 2014, 10:03:11 AM
Quote from: Merry76 on September 08, 2014, 11:42:39 AM
My vote would be the time I heard about Ken Ham actually trying to "re build" the ark.

Not trying, construction has begun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answers_in_Genesis#Ark_Encounter

Also those fundamentalist idiots managed to finagle millions in tax breaks from the Kentucky government.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Merry76

Quote from: Geokinesis on September 10, 2014, 10:55:35 AM

That doesnt sound like you actually heard anything he said or read anything he wrote. But changing his name like an elementary schooler would - I guess you would have a hard time to understand it anyway.

I rather enjoy his work, and do find it food for thought - even if I dont agree with everything he says or writes. Which is kind of the point of his work and writing style.

Geokinesis

Quote from: Merry76 on September 11, 2014, 01:50:03 PM
Quote from: Geokinesis on September 10, 2014, 10:55:35 AM

That doesnt sound like you actually heard anything he said or read anything he wrote. But changing his name like an elementary schooler would - I guess you would have a hard time to understand it anyway.

I rather enjoy his work, and do find it food for thought - even if I dont agree with everything he says or writes. Which is kind of the point of his work and writing style.

I've read/heard his views and disagree with them due to how much of an 'arrogant atheist' he is, and I'm saying that as an atheist. Also despite my university education I still find it funny to refer to him as dick dorkins after that infamous tweet to the nytimes.

Merry76

Quote from: Geokinesis on September 11, 2014, 03:25:38 PM
Also despite my university education I still find it funny to refer to him as dick dorkins after that infamous tweet to the nytimes.

You have to be more specific. The honey thing, the down syndrome thing or the elevator gate thing? The man tweets a lot of stuff ;-)

I can imagine the down syndrome tweet is the most controversial one. However, its what I would do if I was in this situation. At least I think I would - you cant be sure about stuff like that, and there is always another human involved :-/

skivvy96

Have you ever listened to yourself and found out you've just said or done the stupidest thing you have seen?

Splinterbee

Quote from: skivvy96 on September 19, 2014, 05:20:05 PM
Have you ever listened to yourself and found out you've just said or done the stupidest thing you have seen?
yes. I said my birthday was gonna be on Friday 13th when it's the 9th...
Video games, are pretty good

Splinterbee

This post is 5 months strong! Such a simple little post as well.
Video games, are pretty good

Shinzy

Quote from: Splinterbee on September 20, 2014, 10:25:45 PM
Quote from: skivvy96 on September 19, 2014, 05:20:05 PM
yes. I said my birthday was gonna be on Friday 13th when it's the 9th...

Hah! I've mumbled my age all wrong when asked about it during a job interview
"Um uh ..eee.. twenty...twooo-oo?"
So ashamed =P

AntiMatter

hmmm... dumbest thing i've ever heard...

i would make a joke about notch leaving minecraft but that's a bit bad
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

Damien Hart

Probably not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but this is definitely up there - several people have come onto these forums, where Tynan is active pretty much daily, and openly admitted to pirating the game. I mean really, you've just said "Oh, hey, I stole your game, hope you don't mind. I'll pay for it one day, I promise. You can trust me, I'm a complete stranger on the internet."

Really, how did you expect that to go down?

Coenmcj

Quote from: Damien Hart on October 08, 2014, 06:17:07 AM
Probably not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but this is definitely up there - several people have come onto these forums, where Tynan is active pretty much daily, and openly admitted to pirating the game. I mean really, you've just said "Oh, hey, I stole your game, hope you don't mind. I'll pay for it one day, I promise. You can trust me, I'm a complete stranger on the internet."

Really, how did you expect that to go down?

*Begins a slow clap*

To be fair, some have admitted to pirating and then purchasing it. But those that you describe do kind of make you laugh.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

keylocke

Quote from: Coenmcj on October 08, 2014, 08:47:44 PM
To be fair, some have admitted to pirating and then purchasing it. But those that you describe do kind of make you laugh.

what i don't get, is how people would go through the hassle of registering to a forum just to tell tynan how much they like the game and intend to purchase it in the future..

that's like lol.. too much effort for a typical pirate.
most would just cut-and-run, instead contacting the developer to give them feedback.. haha..