[1.3] [KV] Change Dresser [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 14, 2018, 01:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Aidan,
you should check your mods. Many/most of the mods throw out error's on rimworld start.
Be sure they have the right file structure
Mods
     Modname
          About
          Assemblies
          Defs

After you checked and fixed it. Try it it out again, and if it still don't works a new logfile please.

Dr.Devius

Using Change Dresser 1.0.1.6
Red text of madness has spawned, followed by yellow text of wariness.
Red text is complaining about duplicate ids
Yellow text is scared of references going MIA.
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/ed04cdb0055e6c5225acc04cbb9b5df8

Kiame

Update:
The stored apparel will now correctly calculate the value of apparel stored in Change Dressers.

Aidan

Quote from: Canute on December 31, 2019, 02:59:55 AM
Aidan,
you should check your mods. Many/most of the mods throw out error's on rimworld start.
Be sure they have the right file structure
Mods
     Modname
          About
          Assemblies
          Defs

After you checked and fixed it. Try it it out again, and if it still don't works a new logfile please.

More of those are about an unknow version, but their structure is fine.
I had given up on Change Dresser, but while playing and loosing a colony I learned more about mods load order. So I fixed that, started a new colony an tried again with CD, this time this is what I got:

QuoteJobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Lacey driver=JobDriver_ChangeHairStyle (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(ChangeHairStyle (Job_719117) A=Thing_ChangeDresser127915) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.GenTypes.GetTypeInAnyAssemblyNew'.
  at ChangeDresser.UI.DTO.AlienDresserDTO.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ChangeDresser.UI.DTO.DresserDTO..ctor (Verse.Pawn pawn, CurrentEditorEnum currentEditorEnum, IEnumerable`1 editors) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ChangeDresser.UI.DTO.AlienDresserDTO..ctor (Verse.Pawn pawn, CurrentEditorEnum currentEditorEnum, IEnumerable`1 editors) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ChangeDresser.UI.DTO.DresserDtoFactory.Create (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.AI.Job job, CurrentEditorEnum selectedEditor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeHairStyle.<MakeNewToils>b__1_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Lacey driver=JobDriver_ChangeHairStyle (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(ChangeHairStyle (Job_719211) A=Thing_ChangeDresser127915) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.GenTypes.GetTypeInAnyAssemblyNew'.
  at ChangeDresser.UI.DTO.AlienDresserDTO.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ChangeDresser.UI.DTO.DresserDTO..ctor (Verse.Pawn pawn, CurrentEditorEnum currentEditorEnum, IEnumerable`1 editors) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ChangeDresser.UI.DTO.AlienDresserDTO..ctor (Verse.Pawn pawn, CurrentEditorEnum currentEditorEnum, IEnumerable`1 editors) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ChangeDresser.UI.DTO.DresserDtoFactory.Create (Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.AI.Job job, CurrentEditorEnum selectedEditor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ChangeDresser.DresserJobDriver.JobDriver_ChangeHairStyle.<MakeNewToils>b__1_0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Lacey driver=JobDriver_ChangeHairStyle (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(ChangeHairStyle (Job_719223) A=Thing_ChangeDresser127915) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob

Currently, is the only mod not working as it should.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/5826522c717caf5d07179c60004cf254

Amnesiac

Started a new game with the latest version recently, and my pawns cloths changed colors from the defaults when switching outfits for the first time
https://i.imgur.com/Ox9wwlM.png

The bearskin cloths were correctly colored brown, now the shirt is white. the pants are synthread colored, and the hat is a lighter brown color

blopi

Good morning,

First of all, thank you very much for the nice mod and the effort you gave to build it, it is very appreciated.

I noticed a little... I do not know how to call it, so I will try to explain it.
It is not a bug, neither a mod conflict.

Context:
Pawns can haul, but it's the animals which haul things in the base, generally.
All apparels are stored in the Change Dresser (meaning there are not one single Apparel stored on the floor neither in a shelf).

Problem encountered:
- Formation of a Caravan (pawns, items, route).
- All the selected apparels fall down on the floor in front of the change dresser for the pawns to be able to load the items in the caravan.

-> The animals in the base who have access to the change dresser directly put back the apparels in the Change Dresser.
-> The Caravan pawns, then, do no find the apparels (or some of them) an go travelling without all the apparels selected in the Caravan formation.

To prevent this, I just have to play with the "area permission", and set the animals to an area that exclude the zone where the Change Dressers are.

As I said, it is not a bug nor a conflict mod. I just wanted to report this... "fact" I encountered, which can be easily avoided by playing with the area permission.

I hope I explained correctly the little situation, as english is not my native language, and if this is something I am doing wrong, please excuse-me for thinking it is coming from the mod.

Thank you for your time, and good day to you!

Kiame

Hmm these are trained animals that are placing apparel back I the dresser?  Interesting. The gams's default code should have the pawns that are part of the caravan reserve the apparel so other pawns cannot interact with them. As you've done, limiting the animal pawns from being able to use that square is probably the best solution.

If I have some time I can do a little digging. It's also possible that another mod like "while you're up"  could be conflicting in some way

blopi

Quote from: Kiame on January 24, 2020, 10:53:55 PM
(...)
If I have some time I can do a little digging. It's also possible that another mod like "while you're up"  could be conflicting in some way

Oh what you are saying is interesting, because if I am not using the mod "while you're up", I am using "Hardworking animals" mod. So it has to come from here.
I play with very few mods (less than 30), I was far from guessing it could be a "conflict" between two mods, because the game is really smoothy...
Let me verify in different context with no other mods (just the Core and the Change Dresser), and I will come back with more details on the thread.

Thank you again!
-------------------------------------------------------

Edit January 27:
Thank you again for your suggestion!
I checked with "Core" and "Change Dresser", it is working fine, animals do not mess up with the caravan. I also reloaded my game without the "Hardworking animals" mod, and it is also working fine.
So yes, there is something to be checked with the author of the "Hardworking animals" mod.

-------------------------------------------------------

-> New french translation! (hey ;) )
......... I reworked the french translation because it was partially translated and sometimes french words were incorrect.
......... I also tested everything I could, and here is what I noticed.

What's done:

-> Item's informations are now more detailed and better explained ; what and where things must be.
-> I had to change the previous french name of the Change Dresser ("Commode" to "Commode-Penderie") because the french vanilla word item for "Dresser" has the very same name (Commode).

What's not done:

-> Could not verify properly the displayed french text information for Alien's part.
......... I do not play with this mod.
-> Could not verify Error Messages translation.
......... I do not know how to generate errors and the mod is working fine on my game...
-> In the mod panel settings, two informations are not displayed.
......... <ChangeDresser.KeepForcedApparel> and <ChangeDresser.IncludeColorByLayer>, so I did not translated them, as I can not check if the french translation will be properly displayed on the panel.

Difficulties met:

Changing color:

-> I don't know how to change a modified apparel's color to its default vanilla color.
......... I did not test all ideas yet (like -dropping on the floor and wear again -pass it to another pawn with different presets -Put it back to the Change Dresser and worn it again, etc...)
-> When "On skin" color layer is modified, I do not know how to separately modify the color of (said) the T-shirt and the Pant on the previous panel.
......... If I then modify the color of T-shirt, the Pant will adopt the same color automatically. If I do modify the color of the Pant, the T-shirt will adopt the same color.

Translation:

-> I do not know where to translate the word "Mending Attachment".
-> I do not know where to translate the words "False" and "True".
-> When ordering a pawn to change the layers colors, while walking to the Change Dresser, it is said the pawn is "getting changed" in french.
......... I can not find where to translate it.
-> When saving a Custom Outfit without name, the default name is "(missing label)" in french.
......... When saving more than one Custom Outfit without name, they all have the same default name "(missing label)".
-> In the "Custom Outfits" panel, when browsing Quality, the qualities are in english, but the game is in french.
......... I can not find where to translate them.
-> In the "Custom Outfits" panel, after selecting a pawn which has a saved custom outfit, the button "Select Outfit" is still in english.

In the ChangeDresser.xml file, at <!— Gizmo (Command Button) --> part:
-> In the Empty's tooltip (ChangeDresser.EmptyDesc), I do not know what does "Storage group apparel" refer to, so I do not know how to translate it.
......... I left it in english.

In the ChangeDresser.xml file, at <!-- Common Strings --> part:
-> It seems that <ChangeDresser.SelectPawn>'s french translation is not displayed in french in the game and is still in english.
......... I do not know how to fix this.

In the ChangeDresser.xml file, at <!-- Layers --> part:
-> I do not know what does "Middle" refer to.
......... I translated it (Milieu).

Displayed information:

-> Here is a list of informations that are displayed in the game, but I can not see where.
......... I believe I looked everywhere... still without success. However, I translated the text but I am not sure if the translations are making sense and if they are properly displayed.

In the ChangeDresser.xml file:
In <!-- Gizmo (Command Button) -->
-> <ChangeDresser.ChangeTo>
-> <ChangeDresser.Wearing>
-> <ChangeDresser.WearingDesc>

In <!-- Assign Outfits UI -->
-> <ChangeDresser.AvailableApparel>
-> <ChangeDresser.CustomOutfitApparel>

In <!-- Help Text -->
-> <ChangeDresser.RemoveToEnableDelete>
-> <ChangeDresser.NoClothingIsWorn>

In <!-- Job Toils -->
-> <ChangeDresser.ChangeApparelColors>
-> <ChangeDresser.ChangeApparelColorsByLayer>
-> <ChangeDresser.ChangeHair>
-> <ChangeDresser.ChangeBody>

In <!-- Mod Settings -->
-> <ChangeDresser.KeepForcedApparel>

In the JobDef_ColourOutfit.xml file:
-> <WearApparelFromStorage.reportString>

Suggestion:

-> On the Change Dresser panel, would it be possible to expand (enlarge?) the reset and save buttons?
......... French words have more letters and then do not "fit" inside the button. Vanilla button size is okay.

The file is named "French [KV] Change Dresser - 1.0.zip", it is attached to this post.

Very good day :)

Boxmanbr

Quote from: Aidan on January 08, 2020, 01:39:33 AM
Currently, is the only mod not working as it should.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/5826522c717caf5d07179c60004cf254

You are using RimWorld 1.0.2059 rev1002, which is a outdated 1.0 build.

Kiame

Updated for 1.1 - https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/releases/download/1.1/ChangeDresser.zip

Just a warning, i have not put this through all its paces. It's passed my initial run through but if there are any problems please report them. Include the version (1.0 should work fine though) and steps that i can use to reproduce the issue.

Thank you!

KatsPurr

Exactly what I needed, thank you very much for your hard work!

Quebek

Using version 1.1
There seems to  be problems with humanoid alien races 2.0 and this mod
If you access the change dresser and change the body type or face type of a colonist. Frist the face will not change. But the body type does seem to change.
However, when a raid comes. The raiders seem to have their faces missing.
I encountered it in my bigger modded game but was eventuall narrowed it down it a mod list containing only
- HugsLib
- Humanoid Alien Races 2.0
- [KV] Change Dresser - 1.1

Note : I had the Royalty dlc as well

Kiame

Update:
Fixing an issue where the game would start to stutter as dressers get full of apparel (300+ items)
The pawns are very aggressive about optimizing apparel and the game is not meant to search through so many pieces of apparel. I've added code to prevent pawns from optimizing as often.

In addition I've added a new button to dressers - Dress From
Defaults to enabled. When disabled pawns will not search that dresser for apparel to use to dress with. For performance purposes i recommend disabling this for dressers that are use as dumps - ie apparel that will only be sold and not used.

Kiame

Update:
Fixed the problem with pawns spawning with no head for when AlienRaces is enabled. Load order for this mod will not matter.

Let me know if there are still any issues.

Kiame

Update:
Fixing a possible problem for those not using AlienRaces mod when selecting crown types