[B18] Android Tiers and More

Started by ATLA5, June 10, 2018, 10:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATLA5

Already working on an energy need system as I speak.
It should allow the androids to hook themselves up to batteries
Get power from consumables
and have special implants / upgrades that passively generate power.

Spaps

Hmm, I don't think an android should be able to passively generate power, unless it was from direct sunlight or maybe a small amount of Uranium, unless you're thinking endgame. But I can see a robot using an emergency battery pack as a consumable to get some juice, good idea!

Furthermore, I think it'd be easier for you to create a bed-like power station for androids only, that would need to be connected to a power grid, and the android would have to stay there until it's charged. And downing androids when out of power, pawn would need to carry it to the power station?

ATLA5

My idea was a series of upgrades that can extend the max amount of power, passively generate it. Decrease or increase discharge rate

Items such as small reactors, higher efficiency bio-reactors. inbuilt batteries, nuclear reactors. Radio-Isotope Generators and such.
It wouldn't just be constricted to just one or two items but a whole line of tiered items :)

Ravenholme

Quote from: ATLA5 on June 14, 2018, 01:54:42 PM
My idea was a series of upgrades that can extend the max amount of power, passively generate it. Decrease or increase discharge rate

Items such as small reactors, higher efficiency bio-reactors. inbuilt batteries, nuclear reactors. Radio-Isotope Generators and such.
It wouldn't just be constricted to just one or two items but a whole line of tiered items :)

That sounds good to me, and is the way that I'd prefer for it to be done. Allows a whole range of technological ranges for the Androids to generate and store power with.

Spaps

This is actually a very good idea! And I presume the Radio-Isotope generator would consume uranium and would be the most efficient of all, but the nuclear one would eat lots of uranium and give you a lot of energy in exchange for being unstable (getting the reactor damaged, say shot) and exploding?

Canute

An Radio-Isotope generator or RTG can't explode. You just got radioation on damage.
But that should be harmless for androids, but social interaction with non-andoids could be critical (toxic buildup).
And it don't need to be refueled for a long time.

If ATLA5 want change it that Android's need energy my idea are.
They need to rest at a recharge station or to let them access the powergrid direct but with percent failure of a short cicruit.
Further battery upgrades lower these rest/recharge time.
Ultimate update would be Vario power cell.

M.U.F.F. will get the Bio-generator/convertor and generate Chemfuel out of orgnics.

Spaps

I didn't say anything about the RTG exploding though, the Nuclear one would.

Canute

True, but a complete nuclear fission reactor would be impossible to shink so it would fit into a humanoid or animal body.
But when the research advance and they manage it that material can absorb gammaray like photovoltaic absorb light to produce, they can create high efficient, low maintaince power cells.

ultra4

There was a tiny mod in A17 with a small RTG. Mechanoids dropped 1 item on disassemble. The mechanoid drop mechanic was cool but the graphics were poor. Can't find the mod link

basically added the rare ingredient (power core) and the recipe for that portable generator. Could not craft those RTG without killing mechanoids (3 mech for each generator, and gave out just enough power for a drill)

Since that mod seems to be dead, it would be a good addition for the Androids

ultra4

on something different, just noticed... the disassemble mechanoid recipe has the androids in its list, but no pawns will use them. BUT.. "harvest organs post mortem"... got 2 component and 10 plasteel, lol? or working as intended?

Dragoon

Awesome mod! I like how you handled the androids, this inspires me to make my own mod!!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Quatrosss

Why do androids eat and sleep? Its really annoying, the whole idea of them gets destroyed, they are supposed to be precious rewards for hard grind or lucky acquirement. In misc. robots problem has been solved by "converting" sleeping into recharging and it makes sense. Could you disable food need for now? Before you figure out the better way, it would be way better, it sucks that they eat my best meals prepared with love for my colonists..

Canute

Quatrosss,
why didn't you even read the few postings here ?
Then you would see all robot's of this series got bio-reactor's to increase their survival rate outside civilisation.

I didn't played the B19 version yet, so i can't say how he enhanced the robots so far.
Btw.  B19 non-steam download link on his steam page.

Btw. the Androids
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35663.0
don't need food, but can eat too.

Canute

When anyone want to try out the B19 of this mod and geting XML error's on startup.
It is a problem with Alien Race.
Download the Alien Race master instead of the latest release from github.

Naji

Quote from: Canute on October 01, 2018, 03:13:06 AM
When anyone want to try out the B19 of this mod and geting XML error's on startup.
It is a problem with Alien Race.
Download the Alien Race master instead of the latest release from github.

Does this mean that the mod has been updated?, because it still says B18 in the titel