Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boboid

Quote from: jchavezriva on July 13, 2018, 07:42:10 PM

Thats for unarmored colonists. Armored ones are around 2.5-3.5 /s. Guess "twice" was exagerated on my part.
Okay.. a pawn in Power Armor moves at 4.21
A pawn in Plate Armor moves at 3.81
Bionics and drugs exist too, just a reminder.
I dont know which particular armor stat could be letting them survive so much shots, but try to spawn and kill them and you will see they are way harder to kill than in B18.  It definitely has something to do with the new rework on bullets.
I mean.. there's only three relevant factors and I covered them all. Sharp Armor, Blunt Armor, and Health. Four if you count body part number.
I've killed the living shit out of megaspiders - https://imgur.com/a/HZrBor3
Post Battle: https://imgur.com/a/2y3OvyU

They're reasonably tough but.. They're nothing like you describe and I think you'd benefit from having a quick look at the armor description to get a full idea of what would be most effective vs them.

Quote from: jchavezriva on July 12, 2018, 11:37:31 PM
I just did a test spawning 10 megaspiders and shooting them with a doomsday launcher.
Only one was killed, not a single one downed besides taht one.
The one that died had no missing parts or vital organs destroyed, so it was one of those cases in which an enemy dies out of no displayed reason.
Luck, in other words.
Are they meant to be this strong? Test was done on Hard.

It's true that explosions aren't particularly deadly currently. That's not a terrible thing though.
Each of a Doomsday launcher's explosions is about as powerful as a hand grenade (Albeit one with a gigantic area of effect, and each doomsday rocket explosion can overlap potentially doing considerably more damage) They're not really designed to gib anything they're fired at (Although they're more than capable of killing a human) they're more designed to cause lots of damage to LOTS of things across a large area.

You probably don't want to live in a world where a Doomsday launcher is capable of killing a megaspider. That almost certainly means it's capable of gibbing a human.
They'll quite effectively soften a large group of enemies - though perhaps not centipedes.

If you want to gib infestations with explosions you should consider using an Antigrain warhead - Though do remember the old adage " Front Towards Enemy "

Edit: By the way - The reason that megaspider died is because it was past its Pain or Movement threshold. In other words: It was downed.
It technically rolled unluckily in that it died instead of simply being downed but.. the difference is so small it's barely worth mentioning.
The doomsday launcher did however kill it any way you look at it.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Goldenpotatoes

I don't know if this has been reported yet, since it really isn't a bug but more of a visual issue.

This happened with the cable visuals before, but since they didn't stand out as much before it wasn't that big of a deal. The new visuals make this issue pop out a lot more and just looks jarring. Something to make it smooth into the structure instead of connecting the invisible wires on it would be nice.

erdrik

Quote from: isRyan on July 13, 2018, 07:38:02 PM
This fellow here died immediately upon receiving an infection, I am pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen.
Are you sure the infection killed him?
Maybe the extreme blood loss did him in and acquiring an infection just before hand was coincidental?

Broken Reality

Latest run through. Tribal, temp forest, large hills, large river, Cassandra rough. Permadeath.

Started building close to the river again to try it's defense again. All in all things went smoothly. Only two hiccups was due to caravaning. I got a quest for a techprof sub persona core and as I had just got machining researched I decided to get it so I could research microelectronics instantly. I sent 3 ranged and 1 melee on the trip leaving the 3 ranged and a melee in base. This was when I forgot the one of the people on the caravan and one in base were both having psychite withdrawal thanks to chemical interest and a raider junky stash. Now I have two drug addicts going on repeated mental breaks. At the bandit camp things went a little badly and one pawn got downed. Meanwhile back at base soon enough a raid occurred which downed another of my colonists due me not paying enough attention and messing things up.

After a while with the base I felt i lacked room so expanded over the river to wall of an area for water mills and to act as stoor rooms. When I got my power going I found out you cannot build bridges over waterproof cable. This means I have to mine and rebuild things so I can have a full sized store room. Not sure why waterproof cable is like that, it would make sense if you could place a bridge over it.

I opened the ancient danger again this time preparing ahead of time with a trap tunnel and things went far better no one downed or badly injured. 4 scythers, 2 lancers and a centipede were inside, they did not seem to want to leave the ancient danger much the centipede refusing to move outside it at all. Seems ancient dangers are nasty again.

Once again taking prisoners is hard as everyone is dying. I think overall i had 3 or 4 go down and I recruited one of those (the other one I remember downing was a pyro so I released him)

Just before posting I had an escape pod event land in the river where they stood up, bandaged themselves and wandered off. Not sure if escape pod pawns should self tend.

I didn't have many world events to do, only did one caravan, they seemed very sparse this run. One bandit camp, one item stash and 3 peace talks (a few caravan request about 3 none were worth doing or were over impassable mountains).

Across all fights and raids I had zero deaths and 3 downs. Enemies love trying to burn my crops and go through the same way every raid.  Played permadeath so no one thinks I saved scummed so hopefully my report is valid now. Normally I don't do permadeath due to saves getting corrupted on me in the past.

I'm going to continue playing and try out the turrets not yet seen how effective they are.

[attachment deleted due to age]

rizurper

A pawn of 2-man caravan got plague on the road. Why was he carried? He was not unconcious or in pain-shock or any downed status, and he was already tended. This made the 2 days journey turned into 13 days.

So I tried to bring them back to colony, but then they got ambushed by huskies. The plagued pawn even could still shoot. However, huskies won, caravan lost, just because travel time needed to get back to base insanely increased to 2 days which only to take few hours to leave.

Oblitus

Quote from: Tass237 on July 13, 2018, 03:44:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that peg legs for animals were removed because it was too easy to gain Medical experience that way. Maybe if peg legs for animals came back, but didn't give Medical experience...
Why? Training medical skill on animals before humans is exactly how it is done IRL.

jchavezriva

Rescued pawns from other factions never try to dodge or flee from raiders they find on their way to the edge of the map. Figured its time to solve this already...

jchavezriva

Bug spawned sound can be heard anywhere on the map, not just when the camera is looking at the insects. Not sure if this is intended...

Tynan

Quote from: rizurper on July 13, 2018, 10:39:34 PM
A pawn of 2-man caravan got plague on the road. Why was he carried? He was not unconcious or in pain-shock or any downed status, and he was already tended. This made the 2 days journey turned into 13 days.

So I tried to bring them back to colony, but then they got ambushed by huskies. The plagued pawn even could still shoot. However, huskies won, caravan lost, just because travel time needed to get back to base insanely increased to 2 days which only to take few hours to leave.

You can disable carry-sick in the caravan health tab.

We should make this clearer.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

5thHorseman

So I read somewhere that infestations won't happen if your rooms are less than 16 tiles.
So I make my big strip mine a series of 4x3 rooms.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Greep

Yeah that was changed recently to 2 tiles.  Good luck ;)
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: 5thHorseman on July 13, 2018, 11:56:10 PM
So I read somewhere that infestations won't happen if your rooms are less than 16 tiles.
So I make my big strip mine a series of 4x3 rooms.

I think I read in one of the change logs that it was now a 2 x 2.

Oblitus

I'll just leave this here.

[attachment deleted due to age]

NagashUD

Is it possible to get the predator message alert a bit earlier ? i usually get the message when the predator is already on my pawn ...

Madman666

Quote from: NagashUD on July 14, 2018, 12:17:52 AM
Is it possible to get the predator message alert a bit earlier ? i usually get the message when the predator is already on my pawn ...

If i am not wrong, it should warn you when predator is in 60 tiles away now. The only exception is if some predator that was standing literally near your guy when he decided he's hungry. Then you get immediate alert. Well if the target is not armored and has ranged weapon your guy is usually a toast anyway in that case.