Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rizurper

Quote from: Tynan on July 13, 2018, 11:36:56 PM
You can disable carry-sick in the caravan health tab.

We should make this clearer.

Thanks. I didn't notice that.

Should caravan decides automatically the fastest way of travel whether to carry sick pawn or let them walk? For example, when a caravan has sick pawn walking takes 4 days to destination, but when carried it takes 3 days, so the caravan decides to carried the sick. I think this's more convenient, and less micro.

5thHorseman

Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Oblitus

Animals from trader caravans are still stealing your food when hungry.

5thHorseman

Quote from: Oblitus on July 14, 2018, 12:41:27 AM
...that the caravan just sold you and dropped on the ground at the edge of your colony because somehow someone could cheat the system by telling them to congregate somewhere nearer to your freezer.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

jchavezriva

Serious issue here.

Refugees escaping from pirates are still arriving with extremely low walk speeds sometimes.

This makes it impossible to save them. People who arrives to the colony by outrunning raiders by who knows how much time should be fit for such a stunt...

[attachment deleted due to age]

Oblitus

Quote from: 5thHorseman on July 14, 2018, 01:54:53 AM
Quote from: Oblitus on July 14, 2018, 12:41:27 AM
...that the caravan just sold you and dropped on the ground at the edge of your colony because somehow someone could cheat the system by telling them to congregate somewhere nearer to your freezer.
Usually, they are hanging in my sleeping quarters, stacking "disturbed sleep" to max level.

Quote from: jchavezriva on July 14, 2018, 02:08:03 AM
Serious issue here.

Refugees escaping from pirates are still arriving with extremely low walk speeds sometimes.

This makes it impossible to save them. People who arrives to the colony by outrunning raiders by who knows how much time should be fit for such a stunt...
It feels like pawns have something like 75% chance to spawn with a scar.

Greep

You are given a warning as to their age, anyone middle aged is risky, old is not worth bothering.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

dogthinker

2 things:

1) It's probably just Randy Extreme being Randy Extreme, but... 4 raids and the plague in 2 days? (siege+plague, tribal sapper raid, seige, drop pods). I'm a bit perplexed I managed to survive all four, given how early in the game it is (I still only had the starter weapons when the first raid arrived.. I had to bum rush two shotgunners with knives and alpacas, that was pretty scary.) Even my squirrel has PTSD now, having downed an attacker...
2) Since the last update (build 1964) I've been getting an error in HistoryAutoRecorder on every tick. It's probably just an incompatible save version. I noticed the 'debug' graph doesn't populate.

Greep

Quote from: dogthinker on July 14, 2018, 03:04:59 AM

1) It's probably just Randy Extreme being Randy Extreme, but... 4 raids and the plague in 2 days? (siege+plague, tribal sapper raid, seige, drop pods). I'm a bit perplexed I managed to survive all four, given how early in the game it is (I still only had the starter weapons when the first raid arrived.. I had to bum rush two shotgunners with knives and alpacas, that was pretty scary.) Even my squirrel has PTSD now, having downed an attacker...

That is definitely randy having fun with you. 8)

Edit: Some dudes just ate human kibble when meals ran out and there was corn available.  Needless to say, they weren't happy.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0

Oblitus

Quote from: Greep on July 14, 2018, 02:25:57 AM
You are given a warning as to their age, anyone middle aged is risky, old is not worth bothering.
And young tend to have neither skills nor passions.

Wanderer joins... Why we can't reject them again? Now I've got mood penalty, just what I need with the overpowered psychic drone.

[attachment deleted due to age]

robno

QoL thing:
Can the ground type (Soil etc.) be displayed even in the architect tab? It's sometimes quite hard to easily tell where rich soil is etc. and when designating growing zones or even planning buildings it would be helpful to see. I suggest moving the left-hand white text above the architect window temporarily (and therefore shrinking the inventory display area temporarily).

Also, this has probably already been suggested, but could we eventually have a DF-style planet searcher for characteristics (river, coastal, biome type, growing period, rock types). It's easy to find a tile that satisfies some of these, but if you want multiple it takes a long time to search them (especially for desired rock type, which isn't visible on the map).

Madman666

Quote from: Oblitus on July 14, 2018, 03:38:28 AM

Wanderer joins... Why we can't reject them again? Now I've got mood penalty, just what I need with the overpowered psychic drone.

This particular wanderer might as well just join graveyard instead of your colony. Its ridiculous how game just keep sending trash pawns your way.

Tynan

Quote from: Madman666 on July 14, 2018, 04:47:35 AM
Quote from: Oblitus on July 14, 2018, 03:38:28 AM

This particular wanderer might as well just join graveyard instead of your colony. Its ridiculous how game just keep sending trash pawns your way.

Simply calling something "ridicuous" is no better than "atrocious". This isn't usable feedback, it's just venting, which is prohibited here by rule 2. You're welcome to criticize but please say something meaningful, actionable, discussable.

As for the point, handling flawed useless people is part of the game. RimWorld is not intended to be an RTS. If you want a game where every unit is a fungible optimized robot, there are some great RTSs I can recommend. However, if you want a game with dynamic characters and generated story, that means some of the characters will be more useful than others, and some will be worse than useless, just as people are in stories. It means many of the problems you face will come from inside your group, not outside, just as in stories. In truth I'd like to turn RW more in this direction, because as we've discussed here, external attacks are still far too big a part of the game. There average pawn in this game really should be worse than they are, and many more should be entirely useless (and I mean actually useless, not, "he can only research and art" useless).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Quote from: dogthinker on July 14, 2018, 03:04:59 AM
2) Since the last update (build 1964) I've been getting an error in HistoryAutoRecorder on every tick. It's probably just an incompatible save version. I noticed the 'debug' graph doesn't populate.

If you update to latest and reload this should stop. A version with this bug was up for about 6 hours but was fixed 18 hours ago.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Syrchalis

So I was wondering - while definitely annoying, what's up with the tree sowing change? What was the idea behind it?

Also is it a bug that a sold animal can wander in from the map edge (you see the name you gave it in blue, like if tameness has decayed)?
For mod support visit the steam pages of my mods, Github or if necessary, write me a PM on Discord. Usually you will find the best help in #troubleshooting in the RimWorld discord.