[0.19][WIP] ED-Excalibur_1.0.0.8 (2018-09-27)

Started by Jaxxa, July 10, 2018, 08:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

May as well have it listed there for people who dont know how to read custom UI's

-_- once again item drop kills my doctor.  This time by causing a cave in that crushed em
Could you look into an alternative method for dispensing items from the Excalibur?

Also found a minor incompatability.
The small coms console dont trigger the questline even tho its just a shrunk down version of the vanilla one.  Might have a couple small differences but still
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Jaxxa

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 06, 2018, 11:08:52 PM
-_- once again item drop kills my doctor.  This time by causing a cave in that crushed em
Could you look into an alternative method for dispensing items from the Excalibur?

I would like to allow the use of the Transporter system after it is brought online. I also want to look into being able to set a drop location, so instead of dropping around the building you can set a specific location away from the base.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

Spetse

Not sure if I'm just missing something huge or if the transponder isn't working right. I have researched the tech needed to fabricate a standard shield, and have fabricated two so far, but it's just stating that two are available and is giving no indication that of how to get it planetside. is there something I'm missing, or is just not working properly? on another note, I tried to save the game and then load it, and the 2 available that I had pending disappeared.

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

Spetse

attempted to move on to Omni-gel, the replicator is having the same issue of fabricating but not delivering the object. attached screenshot is all it is showing me. I'm assuming that I'll have the same issue with anything it can call down. it's not showing any errors so other than what I'm seeing I can't help much.

[attachment deleted due to age]

rawrfisher

Q.Q forgot I was supposed to try replicateing this.  Then again having to start over due to save breaking bugs wasnt helping any
Professional jerk

Jaxxa

Thanks for the reports guys, just put up a new version.

* Ship To Surface Power Distribution
* Transport Beaming
* Adding Compression for Steel, Plasteel, Wood and Stones.
* Fix for Fabricated Buildings not Saving in progress stats.
* Fix for not being able to Deploy Fabricated buildings.

rawrfisher

Any chance of players being able to add their own recipies for the ships fabrication systems?  I know thats a stupid question but still :P

Professional jerk

Jaxxa

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 17, 2018, 04:17:50 PM
Any chance of players being able to add their own recipies for the ships fabrication systems?  I know thats a stupid question but still :P

I dont think it is a stupid question at all. I designed the system to be flexible enough so that this should be available in the current version, one of the reasons it took longer than it otherwise would.
I have not had anyone else test this, but it should work for buildings I have not really looked at deploying non building things like weapons and armor, but I want to try get them working in the future.

You should be able to make a mod and load it after Excalibur.
Then in the building you want fabricated add the comp "EnhancedDevelopment.Excalibur.Fabrication.CompProperties_Fabricated" , there are properties for the required Work/Power and RU.

Then if that building is researched then it should show up in the fabrication list. If you dont want to be able to build it normally add the research requirement "Research_ED_Excalibur_Quest_Unlock" This should stop anyone from Building it normally, but it is ignored by the fabrication system for the purposes of figuring out what buildings are available.

Have a look in any of the fabricated building as an example and let me know how it goes.

rawrfisher

Am I missing something about the teleport system?

I hit the teleport button outta curiosity lost half my colonists and couldnt find em lol.  I hit the recall button and they came back tho so no biggie.   Just wish I knew what the button does :P
Professional jerk

Canute

Hehe be lucky you didn't got an transporter accident, so your pawn's came back as formless mass of meat.

Jaxxa

That is mostly how it works. You should have three buttons, one to send away colonists, one to send away things such as resources and a button to bring them back.

The things you send away should just be what is close to the transporter when you press the button.

Then the recall button should also work from any other transporter.

Let's hope for no transporter accidents :)

rawrfisher

Is the transpoder supposed to work without power?

I just thought of a few things I should test with that :P

Ok so transponder got destroyed in a raid while I had pawns in transport and lost all them
Professional jerk

Jaxxa

It probably does not check it right now, although it probably should. And probably also use some if yhe power on the ship.