Faction rating lowered by friendly fire within visitor group, normal or bug?

Started by Th3Eagle85, July 18, 2018, 03:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Th3Eagle85

So I was hunting a Mufallo and after being shot it wanted revenge. The whole Muffalo pack joined in (7-8). I had the hunter run back to base to get some fire support from my turrets and he crossed a group of traders. The Muffalo attacked the group and then they thought it was smart to open fire with Incendiary launchers. The result: all the Muffalo death, 6 out of 8 visitors dead, 3 out of 4 pack animals dead.

Strange thing is that I lost rating with the faction for the dead pack animals. Is this normal since I did not open fire (version 1.0 seems to have fixed the losing of rating for visitors killed by their own crossfire).

Bolgfred

As youre mostly the bad guy for anything that happens on your map I think it's intended.
Now I am unsure if are telling if the muffalos, the fire your gunfire killed the caravan.

For third explanation(gunfire) it makes sense for me to scalp a dude who tells me "I shot your wife, but it's okay, as I was aiminig for a butterfly on her head."

For The first(muffalo) and second(fire) I think there is a reaction from the game needed as this situation is not catched up by the game.
If it's for me there should be a " ..takes revenge"-like event, which tells that the caravan goes into combat, meaning "Trader Joe from Cotton Eye Village is attacking Muffalo! Reason: Manhunting animal"

Whilst such an event is active they shouldn't blame you for incidents.
As a bonus, less armed caravans could turn into Fleeing-Mode, trying to hide or run from the map.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Th3Eagle85

Quote from: Bolgfred on July 19, 2018, 06:25:04 AM
Now I am unsure if are telling if the muffalos, the fire your gunfire killed the caravan

The caravan was tightly packed together and their mercenaries opened fire on the muffalos (who where at melee range).

As a parting gift they left me a brain dead cow to take care of. Severe brain damage and never going to move. Kept feeding it for a while, and eventually euthanized it. Now they hate me even more. :o

Canute

Can you imagine how much you got hated when you play with mod's that alter the terrain into some dangerous place ? :-)

Basicly you get blamed for anything that happen on your map to any visitor or caravan except a few exception or friendlies who come to help you.

Bolgfred

Just have seen it yesterday: A warg has eaten the caravan's snake: my fault. They fight back the warg with grenades and kill three more snakes: my fault. They decide to attack me because I am too hostile: my fault?
They ran into my traps so I didn't even see any of them: my luck!
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

Canute

Yep your fault, why didn't you hunt all predators to keep visitor's and caravan safe ! :-)
Or at last you could call their chief and apologize with some silver gift after each snake dead.

Serenity

I had a faction getting mad because one of their guys was bitten by a squirrel

Rat

Maybe they consider it bad luck to visit you when somebody gets hurt, thus lowering your rating. If their opinion didn't go down from friendly fire then you could probably figure out a way to cheese it. You could get whole caravans to murder each other, collect all the loot, and never lose opinion with the faction. So I'm guessing it's intended.

Teleblaster18

I had reported the same issue 9 days ago on the main "1.0" thread.  This is speculation on my part, but I can't imagine that it's intentional, or that it will remain for very long.  It negates a meaningful faction relations system.