Where is the sound?(unsolved)

Started by Komyets, August 23, 2018, 09:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komyets

I purchased Rimworld three days ago, installed through steam, and to my dismay, the game seems to be totally silent. Even though i have done everything I could imagine to fix it... from the mundane and basics of double and triple checking the in-game sound sliders and my own laptop's sound system... to even the somewhat more advanced workarounds such as updating, or even... completely uninstalling and reinstalling sound drivers.

I cant seems to make this game's sound work at all. Please could someone give me a hand on this...? Been researching on internet and very few instances of this bug seem to happen, none of their answers were replied.

Sound is simply nonexistent with this game only, other games seems to work just fine.

Komyets

3rd day. Realtek Drivers updated. Microphone jack got screwed up with the update. Reverted back to previous version(MSI laptop's reccomended from official page). At least i can still voice chat now lol. Rimworld 's sound is still missing completely.

Found post with apparent solution(did not work):

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29398.0
*Disable sound blaster enhancments checkbox in speaker propities did the trick. Turning them all off in creative control panel did nothing but this seems to have fixed it.*
(they say)

I tried it but... Problem found. My sound options do not show any "Sound Enhancements" tab in it. Damn it Windows 10 wtf.

Im back to the start.  :-\

Canute

About your mic.
I notice myself, after the latest big windows update my mic didn't work anymore.
At last i use Win10 pro, so i can delay the window's patch and can search for proper answers ! :-)
The solution was, the update reset the most safety settings and disallow the mic for application.
Maybe this happen to your after your driver update too.

Komyets

Remember, the microphone is not the problem, although thank you for the advice. The main problem is specifically that The Game Does Not Produces Any Sound Whatsoever. :(

Komyets

I give up. For some reason, my laptop(which by the way is a very capable gaming platform) is part of the 0.2% of machines that has a problem with starting Rimworld correctly.

Initialize engine version: 5.6.5f1 (2cac56bf7bb6)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvldumd.dll 24.21.13.9836]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     3072 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0 ATOC=1 BC4=1 BC5=1
FMOD failed to initialize the output device, attempting to initialize the null output.

(Filename:  Line: 1121)

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b11.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\TextMeshPro-1.0.55.56.0b11.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.035 seconds
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VR/BlitCopyFromTexArray' - Setting to default shader.
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 1.428422 ms
RimWorld 0.19.2009 rev485

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Platform assembly: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Setting up 4 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: e38 -> priority: 1
  Thread -> id: 3bfc -> priority: 1
  Thread -> id: 1c04 -> priority: 1
  Thread -> id: 30b4 -> priority: 1

This is the output log. The "FMOD failed to initialize the output device, attempting to initialize the null output." annoys me.

Feel free to close this thread, I dont seem to be getting much help from here anyways :/

Tynan

Sorry it didn't work. Unfortunately this is one of those driver/Unity/OS errors that we can't really touch anyway. There's always a tiny handful of those and given how Unity works there's nothing we can do about them. Sorry.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog