[MOD] (Alpha 5) Mechanical Defense v0.3.5 --FIXED (by Haplo)

Started by mipen, June 29, 2014, 09:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

murillokb

So, i'm playing with lots of mods right now and I was having a lot of fun till some kind of really nasty bug started to happen and now my colonists are turning into droids :p
well at least their backstory is turning into "household doid" (yes, doid, there's a typo there :D)
my good colonists turned into cleaning zombies D:
there's a way to fix it? I know this bug can be caused by other mods, but i'm posting here since the droids seems to be the trigger.

ps: I just remembered i've got this bug before with the mechatronics mod and my colonist's backstories where turning into "mechanoid". It seems everytime a colonist build a pawn it's backstory bugs

Marshy

Quote from: murillokb on July 04, 2014, 11:27:26 AM
So, i'm playing with lots of mods right now and I was having a lot of fun till some kind of really nasty bug started to happen and now my colonists are turning into droids :p
well at least their backstory is turning into "household doid" (yes, doid, there's a typo there :D)
there's a way to fix it? I know this bug can be caused by other mods, but i'm posting here since the droids seems to be the trigger.

ps: I just remembered i've got this bug before with the mechatronics mod and my colonist's backstories where turning into "mechanoid". It seems everytime a colonist build a pawn it's backstory bugs

I'm having the same problem, the 1 colonist I had that was good at shooting turned into a household droid and now can't fire a weapon ;(

Edit: After searching through the save file I found the problem. The droids had the same background ID as the colonists that were changed. By changing the the number part of the ID on both adult and child background on the colonist they were given a random new child and adult background and became human again.

If you don't know how to edit the save file, download a nice text editor like notepad++, open the Rimworld save file in it (the save files are in Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Saves) CTRL+F and search for the name of your changed colonist/s and find the field for child and adult background. Simply change the number slightly and they will be given a random new background and their humanity back next time you log in.

xBlackfieldx

Oh my.... a mod that finaly did droids <3 (well usefull ones ;) )  Is there any guess on a date for an update to Alpha 5? Someone might allready asked but i apear to be lazy today.... :P

murillokb

Quote from: Marshy on July 04, 2014, 01:18:13 PMAfter searching through the save file I found the problem. The droids had the same background ID as the colonists that were changed. By changing the the number part of the ID on both adult and child background on the colonist they were given a random new child and adult background and became human again.

Wow, thanks, that helped! I'm not building new drones for a while tho

mipen

Quote from: murillokb on July 04, 2014, 11:27:26 AM

Hm, very strange. I had a look while updating the mod, but I couldn't find anything. Fixed the typo though. I wasn't able to recreate the bug on the new version, so maybe the typo was causing it? Doesn't seem possible. Let me know if it happens again and if there are special circumstances in which it happens.

LZPanzer

interesting mod a little on the tech heavy side but you said you wanted to expand it. and with the exception for the bug that turns your colonists into droids it is quite fun.

so i thought of a suggestion based off of this bug. lately ive had trouble trying to recruit stubborn prisoners. so i thought maybe you can use them as material for your droids. aka  they have 3 choices, join, die, or become a mindless automaton.

sylphaenos

Nice mod! Unfortunately, I am also experiencing the colonist-turned-droid bug on Alpha 5, and just now after loading up my save my household droid turned into a colonist (screenshot below). Only the backstory was affected, it seems to have generated a new one for some reason.
I'm also having some texture glitches - the droid will randomly cycle through textures if I'm zoomed in at all. However, I've noticed some other graphical glitches on Alpha 5, so the mod may not be at fault.

mipen

Quote from: sylphaenos on July 05, 2014, 09:36:19 PM
Nice mod! Unfortunately, I am also experiencing the colonist-turned-droid bug on Alpha 5, and just now after loading up my save my household droid turned into a colonist (screenshot below). Only the backstory was affected, it seems to have generated a new one for some reason.
I'm also having some texture glitches - the droid will randomly cycle through textures if I'm zoomed in at all. However, I've noticed some other graphical glitches on Alpha 5, so the mod may not be at fault.
Thanks the post. I've just removed the droid stories and hardcoded the skills I want for them, I've also changed the job finder for them to only search from a list I wrote myself. So now they won't switch to ordinary colonists (fingers crossed) and colonists won't be able to inherit the traits of a droid because they no longer exist. As to the texture glitches, I think that is something to do with the actual game itself, hopefully it gets picked up soon. Things should be working a lot smoother now, and now I can get some more droids on to the production line now that I don't have to worry about these strange occurances :D

sylphaenos

Thanks so much! I'll re-download the mod and see how it goes, I love having a household droid so one of my colonists doesn't have to be a full-time maid :)

Puch22

Love it, but it seems every few times I decide to play rim world and load up my world, some of my droids are capable of everything! Was it intended? If not, it's cool anyway.
Also there is an issue for me, when some of my droids die from combat it'll either say they're down and that they need rescue, it stays there till I delete the world. Oh, it also keeps their name in my "Over-view" menu.

P.S: Could you find a way to fix how on the right hand side it keeps telling me the droid is starving, that a droid needs a bed and all that.
Or maybe it's just me c:
A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

R0NIN

how do you get them to get sand cause i can't get them to. tried right clicking but nothing happens.

mipen

Quote from: sylphaenos on July 06, 2014, 05:02:47 PM
Thanks so much! I'll re-download the mod and see how it goes, I love having a household droid so one of my colonists doesn't have to be a full-time maid :)
It is good to have someone to do the dirty work for you :P I've just uploaded a newer version which has an overhaul on how the droids' stories are handled, so now there won't be any more issues, as my last release turned out to be really buggy D: And there are new droids now too!

Quote from: Puch22 on July 07, 2014, 07:32:31 AM
Love it, but it seems every few times I decide to play rim world and load up my world, some of my droids are capable of everything! Was it intended? If not, it's cool anyway.
Also there is an issue for me, when some of my droids die from combat it'll either say they're down and that they need rescue, it stays there till I delete the world. Oh, it also keeps their name in my "Over-view" menu.

P.S: Could you find a way to fix how on the right hand side it keeps telling me the droid is starving, that a droid needs a bed and all that.
Or maybe it's just me c:
That should be fixed in the update I've just uploaded. What was happening was the game was for some reason forgetting the droids' backstory, which handled what it could do and what it couldn't, and would assign it a new one, which made it just a normal colonist. I've changed how that was done and now it won't happen anymore! :D And colonists won't randomly become droids either. I've fixed it saying that they are incapacitated when they are dead, so that will be gone now too :D And lastly, the messages on the side have also been fixed. Droid hubs now count as beds, but cannot be used like beds, just a nifty little trick to make the message go away. Droids don't need rest anyways >:D and I've fixed the droids starving, they no longer forget that they are droids and don't eat food. I'm not sure if the update will be okay with old savegames, but you can always give it a shot =]

Quote from: R0NIN on July 07, 2014, 09:10:16 AM
how do you get them to get sand cause i can't get them to. tried right clicking but nothing happens.
The sand quarry is like a rock. Place it down, and once it has been built, order someone to mine it like you would anything other mineable thing. They'll get on it right away =] Remember there is a readme included with the mod if you are having other issues, or you can message me

Puch22

Works with my saved game, only thing is, the new droids have options to repair/construct. Also, keep up the good work :).

Edit) The mental break down message appeared on a few of my droids but it comes and goes over time.
Edit 2) One of my droids decided to leave the colony and is now broken and dazed. But, gladly it's still doing it's job, it's just not in the colony so I can't control it manually.

A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

sylphaenos

Quote from: mipen on July 07, 2014, 10:23:25 AM
It is good to have someone to do the dirty work for you :P I've just uploaded a newer version which has an overhaul on how the droids' stories are handled, so now there won't be any more issues, as my last release turned out to be really buggy D: And there are new droids now too!

I just came back to report exactly that, but I will re-download again ;)

Edit: Great, I checked out the changes in this latest version and can see that the bug is permanently squashed. Thank you!