[1.0] Rainbeau's Mods (Backstories, Fishing, Romance, Terraforming, and More!)

Started by dburgdorf, October 13, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Fishing has been updated:

- Ice fishing spots can now also be constructed on ice tiles generated by "Nature's Pretty Sweet."

- Non-generic fish can now be caught in the biomes introduced by "Realistic Planets," as well as in similarly-named biomes introduced by other mods.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Dr_Zhivago

Hey Rainbeau, got a question about how you code your patches. How come you write the xpath with "*/" as opposed to "Defs/"? To my understanding it would reduce game load times if the patches' xpath designation starts with a "Defs/" because it doesn't have to search as much.

For a real example it'd go from:
<xpath>*/TerrainDef[defName = "WaterDeep"]/affordances</xpath>
To:
<xpath>Defs/TerrainDef[defName = "WaterDeep"]/affordances</xpath>

Here's a Reddit article (not that that's a credible source) discussing it. I recently replaced my own patches with the "Defs/" using the Global Replace function on my xml editor, so it wasn't much of a bother for me. Curious on your thoughts.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on December 01, 2018, 05:12:15 PMHey Rainbeau, got a question about how you code your patches.

Back when xpath patches were first added to the game, there was a thread here on the forum, the gist of which was that using "//" in xpaths was horribly inefficient, but that other options were roughly comparable in efficiency. So honestly, I just picked the format a lot of other modders seemed to use, stuck with it, and haven't really thought about it since.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 01, 2018, 05:18:15 PM
I can't stop patching Realistic Planets mod because it's my baby.

Ah ok, well some new info for ya and me both then. On another note, I wanted to get back to you on the error I reported with NPS. Not sure what the cause is exactly but I just got it again on an Oasis map. I'm pretty sure now too that it's an error with NPS though, so I'll report it to that mod author. If you have any curiosity, these are the logs I'm getting spammed with:
Exception ticking Badger (at (114, 0, 116)): System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<Verse.IntVec3, TKKN_NPS.cellData>.get_Item (Verse.IntVec3) <0x001e4>
at TKKN_NPS.PatchTickPawn.MakePaths.....

Share Logs Link

N0xiety

Ah hey there again, found your thread. I don't think you understood my problem. Like i said, i can stop the production of raw compost manually, but that would be somehow of an annoyance. I want to automate the process of farming and fertilizing completely. But since i can't say 'stop producing fertilizer once reached a certain number' it keeps producing. I use insect meat and hay for both kibble and raw compost, so if i let it run it would completely use all the hay and insect meat. There would be nothing left for the kibble production and my warehouse would be filled with fertilizer. Since the raw compost production never stops on its own, i have to keep stopping it every time the fertilizer numbers grow. Then i have to reactivate the bill manually again when fertilizer becomes low. Since i don't want fertilizer to take hundreds of squares of warehouse space, i have to keep stopping it and continuing the raw compost production bill. I just need enough fertilizer to be kept in the warehouse for the next harvest, not for the next 10 harvests. That is why i have to keep manually doing this. Is there no way for me to automate this process? It becomes quite annoying after some time. I could disable the rich soil returning to regular soil after harvest option, but i consider that refertilizing the land after harvest as a well done game balance point, so i would like to keep that if i can.

Canute

N0xiety,
a bit automatic you can have.
I use FF in combination with VG, so it might be different.
To made Fertilizer you should use the compost barrel, they produce 30 fertilizer every x days.
The raw compost you can do until X. So you just need to produce enough raw compost to fill the next barrel. Basicly 30 are enough. But since the stacksize is 75, you do until 60 to have a buffer.

dburgdorf,
about plant scrap.
Plant scrap's are consumeable by animals like hay.
So i think you should move the scraps to the Animal Feed categorie like Hay too.
So maybe they can be used for kibble too.

Reason, i just try out the Animal Food Restrictions mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46440.0
and can't assign a resource to a food policy.
So i have no way to force animal to eat plant scraps.

dburgdorf

Quote from: N0xiety on December 02, 2018, 06:06:24 PMAh hey there again, found your thread. I don't think you understood my problem.

As I said in response to your private message, it's easy enough to stop compost production when you have enough fertilizer. Given that you'll realistically only have to stop or start compost production a few times a year to keep your fertilizer supply where you want it, I honestly don't see any real need for the sort of "full automation" you're requesting, especially given that it would require a substantial rewrite of the way composting works.

And as far as your complaint about compost production using up ingredients you want to use instead for something else, again, all you need to do is just disallow those items from the compost recipe. So, you're correct, I really don't understand why you think there's a problem.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has been updated:

- Plant scraps now stack to 200, like hay, instead of just to 75, and are once again categorized (for stockpile purposes) as food, as they can be used to feed animals.

- Plant scraps, like hay, can now be used in the kibble recipe.

- The options menu toggle to determine if plant scraps drop has been replaced with a slider to determine how *much* scrap drops.

- Sand piles no longer deteriorate if outside.

- Plant cutting, just like harvesting, can now result in soil degradation.

- Placement of moving or still water near rivers as new water tiles are created is better than it was, but can still result in "glitchy" graphics at the interface between the two. I'll continue trying to improve it.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

ultra4

dburgdorf

Quote from: ultra4 on December 02, 2018, 09:42:02 PMbulk kible and bulk compost dont use scraps

The "five at a time" compost recipe can use plant scraps, just as can the regular compost recipe. And there's no "bulk kibble" recipe in the vanilla game.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Hexwall

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 01, 2018, 04:55:24 PM
Fishing has been updated:

- Ice fishing spots can now also be constructed on ice tiles generated by "Nature's Pretty Sweet."

- Non-generic fish can now be caught in the biomes introduced by "Realistic Planets," as well as in similarly-named biomes introduced by other mods.

Thanks dude!!!!

Canute

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 02, 2018, 10:17:50 PM
Quote from: ultra4 on December 02, 2018, 09:42:02 PMbulk kible and bulk compost dont use scraps

The "five at a time" compost recipe can use plant scraps, just as can the regular compost recipe. And there's no "bulk kibble" recipe in the vanilla game.
But VG got one, since you are doing a modcheck for VG anyway (i think) you can patch that recipe too.
And VG got Silage, a vegan animal food like kibble which use hay too.

NoCanDo

Man, Rim Disorder's is awesome, but bugged as hell. OCD and Panic Attack make the game drop to 1-2 fps and throw like 10000000000000000000000 errors , like https://hastebin.com/ewipugisuf.txt

NoCanDo

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 30, 2018, 09:39:42 PM
Realistic Planets has been updated... again.

- Fixed a bug that resulted in faction settlement generation being aborted if a faction added by a mod generated without a leader.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

That update did not quite work. I mean the generation is all fine and dandy but there's no scattered bases anymore. Every faction has huge clusters of only their bases around. No mix and matching.

https://i.imgur.com/TbJVFRf.jpg

dburgdorf

Quote from: NoCanDo on December 05, 2018, 08:27:16 AMI mean the generation is all fine and dandy but there's no scattered bases anymore. Every faction has huge clusters of only their bases around. No mix and matching.

Does anyone even read update notes? *Sigh*

What you're describing isn't a bug; it's the mod's intended default behavior. In addition to allowing you to have faction settlement placement affected by a faction's race's "comfortable temperature" range, "Realistic Planets" now defaults to placing settlements in loose groupings, to simulate the existence of actual nations.

If for whatever reason you prefer the nonsensical purely random scattering of bases seen in the vanilla game, simply change the mod's options settings.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?