Had much luck recently?

Started by HQentity, October 22, 2018, 08:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HQentity

My most recent playthrough resulted in a cool situation - a trader caravan's muffalo had a heart attack. He was carrying some wonderful stuff. Suits me!

Also, I posted recently about another trade caravan getting hit by a gold meteorite which killed several members. I then sold their belongings back to them.

Whats the luckiest/unluckiest situations you've seen?

Canute

Maybe someone from that faction intrigue against you to provoke a war.
Pray to the god to send the meteor.
Send old/ill muffalo's on the caravan to you.
So you loose reputation with them, and they start a war without to be worried.

AileTheAlien

The unluckiest I've had recently, is playing on an extreme desert, barely scraping by with my potato crops. I forgot that I need to make walls to keep pests out of my crops, and then a Thrumbo wandered into my map and started eating everything. I can't remember if I survived that one by cannibalising a colonist and a raider, or if that was a later game, but it was definitely annoying. :P

fritzgryphon

Yesterday, sold and gifted a bunch of stuff to a caravan.  Like, 80 relationship points worth of flake, meat and fur.

A few seconds later, meteorite explodes their muffalos.  Full refund  8)

mebe

Quote from: fritzgryphon on October 22, 2018, 01:22:59 PM
A few seconds later, meteorite explodes their muffalos.  Full refund  8)

:D :D :D :D

Ruptga

I had 11 angry bears spawn right on the heels of an exotics trader, I got a lot of meat and good leather out of that one.  Some junk too, I'd have preferred it if I could have traded first, but it is an imperfect universe.

BLACK_FR

I disabled all good events for my runs so I have only bad luck. Like getting my crops blighted (first batch, so I couldn't make food reserves), then getting gut worms (when I have no doctor to cure them) and then getting hit by toxic fallout so not only crops but all animals die too.
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me

5thHorseman

Quote from: BLACK_FR on October 23, 2018, 05:09:37 PM
I disabled all good events for my runs so I have only bad luck.

You could still get a cave infestation right as a raid is going through that cave to get you.

Recently I had a poison ship fall near a siege that I was preparing to mortar. I mortared the ship instead. Much fun was had that day.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

BLACK_FR

Yes I can. Like raid coincidence with caravan. But that not came close to bad side of God of Random.
Guide to mastery of the game - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46290
If you have idea how make merciless naked brutality run more challenging and fun - tell me