[1.3] RPG Style Inventory [V4.3.1] (15/05/2022) | UI mod

Started by Sandy, November 06, 2018, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

restingmanatee

Love the mod! I use it on stream and frequently get asked about it, everyone really enjoys the look.

I have a suggestion that my stream found interesting, so I thought I'd actually post it for once :)

The only piece of missing information at a glance when looking at the UI is the quality of the apparel that each pawn is wearing. With the normal vanilla UI it's easily visible, and I find this information incredibly important when deciding to switch outfits quickly. My suggestion is to add a color coded system (similarly to MMOs) where each quality has a colored background in line with the current durability shader. An example scheme with ingame and MMO equivalents would be:

Legendary - orange tint (legendary)
Masterwork - purple tint (epic)
Excellent - blue tint (superior)
Good - green tint (uncommon)
normal - white or normal (normal)
poor - grey (Poor)
awful - red or darker grey? (vendor trash)

It was just a thought, and obviously the colors are totally up for debate but it really is the only piece of information that's present in vanilla and missing with your mod (unless you mouse over the individual pieces of gear) and I thought it would really tie into the RPG style of it all.

Let me know what you think! I really enjoy the mod :)

Sandy

Quote from: restingmanatee on December 12, 2018, 02:16:49 AM
Love the mod! I use it on stream and frequently get asked about it, everyone really enjoys the look.

I have a suggestion that my stream found interesting, so I thought I'd actually post it for once :)

The only piece of missing information at a glance when looking at the UI is the quality of the apparel that each pawn is wearing. With the normal vanilla UI it's easily visible, and I find this information incredibly important when deciding to switch outfits quickly. My suggestion is to add a color coded system (similarly to MMOs) where each quality has a colored background in line with the current durability shader. An example scheme with ingame and MMO equivalents would be:

poor - grey (Poor)

It was just a thought, and obviously the colors are totally up for debate but it really is the only piece of information that's present in vanilla and missing with your mod (unless you mouse over the individual pieces of gear) and I thought it would really tie into the RPG style of it all.

ya, someone else asked this in steam too. but i dont have much free time to work on it. i'll see what i can do, probably in the weekends.

Quote from: publicuser on December 03, 2018, 05:21:25 AM
Quote from: sidfu on December 03, 2018, 04:40:04 AM
Quote from: publicuser on December 03, 2018, 02:42:47 AM
Quote from: sidfu on December 03, 2018, 02:28:56 AM
@publickuser
take and check your crash log. at the top it should have a line like
xxx memory aviable

if that says 0 then u ctd due to ram.
82% memory in use.
2814 MB physical memory [499 MB free].
0 MB paging file [2697 MB free].
2048 MB user address space [26 MB free].
Read from location 00000010 caused an access violation.

yep memory crash [26 MB free]. u need to get more than 4k memory or remove alot of mods out of your game

With these lots of mod, the game never crash for more than 100+ hours. So I just remove this UI mod temporarily
sorry, dude, that my mod crashed ur game. i dont know how to fix memory issues. it is working fine for everyone else.

Sandy

Quote from: restingmanatee on December 12, 2018, 02:16:49 AM

poor - grey (Poor)

Hi.. i'm working on this idea.. i have finalized a color scheme after some discussions with friends..
Orange - Legendary
Cyan - Masterwork
Purple - Excellent
Blue - Good
Green - Normal
White - Poor
Black - Awful

I'm trying to add other features to the mod.. i'll update the mod by the weekend/christmas.. Thx for ur patience..

Kori

Is there a chance for Combat Extended compatibility in the future? CE adds a button to the inventory to create loadouts, that's why both mods are currently incompatible.

Sandy

Quote from: Kori on December 19, 2018, 01:58:19 PM
Is there a chance for Combat Extended compatibility in the future? CE adds a button to the inventory to create loadouts, that's why both mods are currently incompatible.
Its not my work really.. if they are patching the vanilla dll, then they should also patch my mod's dll.. Bcoz if i add a patch, i'll also need the codes for the functionality of that button. but CE has that code, they just need to patch mine, like they do vanilla..
Same thing happened with Smart Medicine, and Uuugggg was kind to provide a patch..

Saebbi

Quote from: Sandy on December 19, 2018, 11:28:43 PM
Its not my work really.. if they are patching the vanilla dll, then they should also patch my mod's dll.. Bcoz if i add a patch, i'll also need the codes for the functionality of that button. but CE has that code, they just need to patch mine, like they do vanilla..
Same thing happened with Smart Medicine, and Uuugggg was kind to provide a patch..

I made a Patch for CE and a few Alien Races.
Just paste the contents of this folder (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mxk1gzdiyp157mg/AAAjnen989cLQHvKubNotLvca?dl=0) into your mod directory and overwrite your vanilla patch.
The ModCheck dll is also required in order to make the patches optional when their respective mods are loaded.
I already sent you a PM, but the Forum is kinda buggy when it comes to PMs, as it seems that i haven't actually sent it (according to my sent messages, at least)
I'm super duper cereal!

Kori

Thank you so much for your CE patches, Saebbi! They are always a huge help for CE players who wouldn't be able to play with so many good mods otherwise.

Sandy

Quote from: Saebbi on December 20, 2018, 02:03:06 PM
Quote from: Sandy on December 19, 2018, 11:28:43 PM

I made a Patch for CE and a few Alien Races.
Just paste the contents of this folder (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mxk1gzdiyp157mg/AAAjnen989cLQHvKubNotLvca?dl=0) into your mod directory and overwrite your vanilla patch.
The ModCheck dll is also required in order to make the patches optional when their respective mods are loaded.
I already sent you a PM, but the Forum is kinda buggy when it comes to PMs, as it seems that i haven't actually sent it (according to my sent messages, at least)
Thanks very much for ur help.. i did get ur PM.. i'm making some needed changes in ur patches, like the mod's name.. once other changes are done, i'll update the mod..
Also, for CE's loadout feature, CE has to patch my code, like it did vanilla..

Sandy

Hi guys. Thanks for using my mod. I made another update today and i hope its the final one.

Added Features:
- Other races support
- Color coding to identify apparel quality
- tool-tip for the default slots to identify the bodypart and layer being covered

It should work for all the race mods now. if it didnt, please give me your feedback and i'll try my best to fix it.

Nylux

Sent a Pull Request on github for the french translation !
I do english to french translations. I'm not the best, but if you need something translated hmu.

Sandy

Quote from: Nylux on December 24, 2018, 08:18:20 PM
Sent a Pull Request on github for the french translation !
Thanks very much. I updated the mod with ur translation.

MightyGooga

Dude Im so greatfull you created this. Its a long request of mine from a few years back (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17432.msg408731#msg408731)

I think you will find some inspiration on what to do next. But probably you already have your hands full. Thansk a lot man.

Sandy

Quote from: MightyGooga on February 06, 2019, 07:06:29 PM
Dude Im so greatfull you created this. Its a long request of mine from a few years back (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17432.msg408731#msg408731)

I think you will find some inspiration on what to do next. But probably you already have your hands full. Thansk a lot man.
Hi.. Fluffy & Zhinsy mentioned ur thread when i started working on this mod.. i couldnt make it exactly like u mentioned, but i think its pretty close..
instead of drag-&-drop, i wanted to add a way to tell the pawns to wear apparels from the UI itself(like, rightclicking a slot and select "wear apparel from stockpile" float menu, and a list of all the apparels suitable for that slot will show up and u can select one apparel from that list and the pawn will go wear it), but i'm an amateur in C#, so i couldnt do it yet..
that mood buff for wearing, maybe excellent or higher grade clothes is doable, but will take some time for me.. or never, since i dont wanna be a content creep lol..
Thanks for using my mod, to u and everyone..

Mosart

I really like this idea. But seems mod not working at me :(

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Mosart on March 08, 2019, 12:51:51 PM
I really like this idea. But seems mod not working at me :(

That's not a very useful comment to make. If you want help you need to describe your issue and provide an error log. If you have HugsLib, simply press CTRL + F12 in-game and paste the link. If HugsLib doesn't work, press Ctrl + F12 + Alt at the same time and paste it into https://pastebin.com/