[1.0] Zetrith's Multiplayer

Started by Zetrith, December 16, 2018, 11:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shio

I'll start using the mod if it achieves full modded gameplay support. Can't play RimWorld without my hardcore sk pack installed. Although I might cave to temptation and play it with a friend anyways.

Mehni

That's not a very nice thing to say Shio, that's holding your support hostage until the modder gives into your demands.

Besides, it'll have to be your HCSK that supports multiplayer. I for one can't use HCSK until they support MP.

LudoConfederate

Trying to play with my daughter over her spring break. Can't tell you how excited she was. Unfortunately, we can only go a couple minutes before getting dsynced, regardless of who hosts. We pared our mod lists WAAAY down to only use fully compatible mods, using the same mod settings and in the same exact order.

I attached the Arbiter log because it exceeded 20000 characters.

edit - It says Wrong Random State on Map 0 or Random state from commands doesn't match

[attachment deleted due to age]

Shio

Quote from: Mehni on March 08, 2019, 03:18:32 PM
That's not a very nice thing to say Shio, that's holding your support hostage until the modder gives into your demands.

Besides, it'll have to be your HCSK that supports multiplayer. I for one can't use HCSK until they support MP.

Oh I wasn't trying to imply anything of that manner. I'm really picky when it comes to whether I play certain games with or without mods. In rimworld's case I don't play without certain mods.

Rather i'm saying i'll be watching the mod for a really long time. I have no demands, if it ever becomes possible awesome. I can't personally see the HCSK modder(s) making it compatible since it's a massive group of mods tailored together. I don't imagine it being possible. With the types of mods that pack uses it would be desync galore. That's beyond a headache for the modders.

I reiterate that the mod is that impressive that it will probably tempt me to play without those mods anyways.

notfood

Quote from: LudoConfederate on March 08, 2019, 03:23:52 PM
Trying to play with my daughter over her spring break. Can't tell you how excited she was. Unfortunately, we can only go a couple minutes before getting dsynced, regardless of who hosts. We pared our mod lists WAAAY down to only use fully compatible mods, using the same mod settings and in the same exact order.

I attached the Arbiter log because it exceeded 20000 characters.

edit - It says Wrong Random State on Map 0 or Random state from commands doesn't match

That usually means your config files differ.

Either share the config files from host to client (Mod_XXXX.xml and ModsConfig.xml) or delete them in both.

Mosart

Is it possible to use this mod like Phi client? I mean to play at one server with anoter players and just trade with them but not to play at 1 colony with them.

Bozobub

Separate colonies?  AFAIK yes.  Separate factions?  Nope.
Thanks, belgord!

Mosart

Quote from: Bozobub on March 09, 2019, 11:01:56 PM
Separate colonies?  AFAIK yes.  Separate factions?  Nope.
But will I able to make trade with another colonie thru the comms console like in Phi?

Kirby23590

Well i would wanna trade resources via transport pods and giving them like free prisoners or another colonist to trade for two muffalos or a excellent quality charge rifle with a another player or with my friends or with my cousins...

I would go with separate colonies though... Separate factions might be too hard to implement unless they wanna play as a different faction or a modded faction...

I don't wanna go for PVP, yet... I rather go for PVE instead and help out my fellow colony neighbors out in the rims or just chat with them...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

emmux

Hello, zetriths. Would it be possible to make it compatible with the "Zombieland" mod?
Zombies do not appear in multiplayer.
Thank you for reading.

poison_claw

So my bf and I were very excited to play this together, but we can't connect to either person's hosted game. He lives in the US and I'm in Canada, for reference. We've tried Hamachi, porting, and fiddling with firewalls, but to no avail. We can't see either person's game on LAN or direct connect to its IP. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something we're missing?

Any help would be super appreciated!

bruticus0

At the github theres a bit of instruction.
https://github.com/Zetrith/Multiplayer/wiki/Hosting-and-joining

Mod uses 30502 port.  So that port needs to forwarded on your router and in your firewalls for direct connect to work.

MrCactus

"Server started. Can't bind direct" I found a solution for me by opening that port on my router 30502. Then when in the game it asks you how'd like to host I checked the "Direct" box and then left the default IP that they give you in that box and my friends could connect to my by connecting to my public "IP"+":30502" (Which I got from googling "Whats my IP?" ) 

Reaper142

Quote from: MrCactus on March 13, 2019, 01:22:47 AM
"Server started. Can't bind direct" I found a solution for me by opening that port on my router 30502. Then when in the game it asks you how'd like to host I checked the "Direct" box and then left the default IP that they give you in that box and my friends could connect to my by connecting to my public "IP"+":30502" (Which I got from googling "Whats my IP?" )

Thank you, Thank you so much. Can confirm this worked for me. I already had 30502 open, but for some reason leaving the IP default worked a charm.

VentusVero

Just wanted to chime in, since there seems to be a lack of general information regarding Zentrith's Multiplayer current state.
The following is 2 weeks of testing the mod with another player to see if we could get it working.

1) Zentrith's Multiplayer "1.0" points to a github that is actually version 0.4.4 and was last updated Jan 22, two months ago.
2) Connecting through steam (with and without arbiter forced ticker enabled) we experienced regular desync's with vanilla Rimworld.
3) Using the supported spreadsheet, we tried adding rank 4 mods (just 1.0 DE Surgeries, Mad Skills, and Ogrestacks) and still experienced regular Desyncs.
4) Hosting myself and playing with no other joiner (while my co-op was at work) I experienced Desyncs with arbiter during events like poison ship crash landing. This is just me (host) desyncing with arbiter (the bot that is supposed to help avoid desyncs).

Love the premise and all, but certainly no where near as complete as some other posts suggest. It could also be that the more mature the game and the more elevated the events, the worse the desync, but to date re-sync has never worked and even on joining a fresh save/hosting, the green/yellow bars just chase each other endlessly after simulating finishes and freezes.