Started by LWM, January 06, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BladeOfSharpness

You mod just work INCREDIBLY WELL.

a) no perceived bug
b) colonists put reliably stuff there
c) stuff is seen by anyone including caravan loading

yeaaaah!!

edit: I can't find where to store my chemfuel though...

Canute

Maybe add a special chemfuel tank ! :-)
And pipe's for auto. refuel chemfuel generators :-)

BladeOfSharpness

Actually I found a kind of universal storage, but it is very poor, 4 slots only, and it uses 2 tiles...

LWM

Quote from: Razzoriel on July 22, 2019, 10:37:31 PM
Hello, sir, I'm interested in merging your mod with mine, Outer Galaxies https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27162.0

What do you mean by "merging" in this situation?

QuoteDo you mind if I use the textures and assemblies? I'll give you credit as the guy behind the structure to store items in the same building, as this is exactly what i need for my mod that adds hundreds of guns. Thank you in advance.

So the textures are mostly not mine; skullywag gave me permission to use (most of) them for this mod.  So I can't just give out permission.

But depending on how you want to use it, you may be able to add the assembly and make some note "Deep Storage  is LGPL (c) LWM 2019" (or whatever ;) )

Is there some subset of the items you want to use?  Is there a reason not to make Outer Galaxies depend on Deep Storage?  Do you just want to bundle it along?  I'm pretty sure there's something that will work for you!

--LWM

LWM

Quote from: BladeOfSharpness on July 24, 2019, 10:05:42 AM
Actually I found a kind of universal storage, but it is very poor, 4 slots only, and it uses 2 tiles...

Yeah.....  That's actually what *I* use for chemfuel storage.  Which is one reason there's nothing better - I've been happy enough with it.

Quote from: Canute on July 24, 2019, 05:23:34 AM
Maybe add a special chemfuel tank ! :-)
And pipe's for auto. refuel chemfuel generators :-)

So....  Make me a texture!  I have no objection to a chemfuel tank, altho at some point I'd try and figure out a way to make it explode if damaged  8)

--LWM

Vehicular_Zombicide

Is this compatible with Stack XXL, or will they likely conflict?

LWM

I think it works?  They touch different aspects of the game.  Hmm...Maybe I need to modify a certain aspect of a new bit I'm adding, come to think of it.

Please give it a try and let me know, and I will update the description.

--LWM

Vehicular_Zombicide

Will do. Quite honestly, I could take or leave the food, medicine, and raw materials storage aspects- it's the weapons lockers, clothing racks, and ability to store items that are normally unstackable (like organs, artifacts, etc) that really interests me.

LWM

Right.  Artifacts.  I need to patch Artifacts so when you right click it gives the artifact name, not just "Activate."  The latter is surprisingly unuseful when you have a locker full of them.  Or maybe not a surprise :p

--LWM

LWM

Update!

Most storage units are now quicker to use - for the first item.  By the time the last item is added, it's slower again.
Most storage units are quicker to use when storing a single type of item.
Storing some kinds of items are slightly slower - nearly full skip with multiple different metals and blocks will probably take a while.

UI Fixes: Big Shelf now displays contents.  Weapons Locker full of artifacts now usable.

Behind the scenes update: Big Shelf defName changed - this will help future compatibility.  This means, however, that minified BIg Shelves may not stay in old stockpiles.  If that's an issue for you, simply re-select them in the stockpile filter.

--LWM

LWM

Also, you can rename deep storage units now.  Just in case you emptied your Bow Storage to the last trader and cannot remember why you have an empty weapons locker lying around.

--LWM

WolfgangPolska

Can you add non steam download please?
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Vehicular_Zombicide

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on August 03, 2019, 03:05:33 AM
Can you add non steam download please?

Already exists on the original post, just click the Github link.

LWM

Sharing code with my fellow modders and gamers; free and open source software all the way.

Or in this case, limited free and open source - still gotta buy the game ;)

I suppose I might figure out how to do releases via github at some point, so you get a handy .zip file.

As discussed on the Steam Workshop page, here is a (Google Drive) link to a short video I just made about the behaviour when I activate this mod. This is directly after I loaded the save and had activated the mod (last in my list, since 'Survival Tools' was last before). Sorry for the horrible quality, but I've never tried OBS before. The game was lagging heavily by the way, and the error messages that pop up are of the 'XY started 10 jobs in one tick' variety. I'm not actually sure what's happening here, but I think the storage crates of Rimfactory work by piling lots of stacks on top of each other (the 22/100, or 21/100 means that there are currently 22 or 21 stacks in this crate/cell). It seems like my pawns are either putting the stacks in and out of this cell repeatedly, or are trying to reorder stuff, maybe. In a previous test I think I also saw pawns 'walking in place' while hauling stuff like here, but I couldn't reproduce that this time around. I also attached the mod list for this save (in 'Mod Manager-format'), as well (before I added your mod; that one was added to the very bottom for this 'demonstration').

[attachment deleted due to age]