Started by pablo603, January 12, 2019, 06:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pablo603

Features
Containment chamber doors and walls with a stronger variation
Uranium Refining
Cooling Systems
Custom Research Tree
Three Reactors - each with different efficiency and fuel consumption. (Small Reactor - Produces 6750W of energy, Normal-Sized reactor produces 25500W of energy, and finally, Giant reactor that produces 50000W of energy.)
Remember to keep those reactors out of any damage. If their health gets lower than 10 % they WILL explode!

Reactors can't overheat (yet). Cooling systems are only used to build them.
Same goes with radiation. It's not added (yet)

Planned Features
(All of those features *were* planned but at the moment I just completely gave up on learning C# as I'm learning C++, JavaScript and PHP at the same time at school and it's quite overwhelming. Maybe sometime in the future I'll try and pick it up again)

-Reactor overheating
-Radiation upon explosion
- Some other stuff

Compatibility
Should be compatible with existing saves, but I don't think it would be safe to remove it in a existing save. Maybe after deleting every refined uranium, cooling system parts, components and reactors it would work.

Why use this mod?
For simplicity. If you are a more vanilla focused player and don't want very advanced and heavy mods then this mod is for you. If, however you like advanced things I suggest you get the mod called "Rimatomics" by Dubwise

Download

Installation
Go to your Rimworld folder and then go into Mods
Unpack my mod to that folder by using 7-Zip or WinRar

This is one of my first mods so feedback is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

F.A.Q Regarding modpacks
Q:Can modpack makers include this mod in their modpack?
A: Of course!
Q: Can other modders make derivative mods based on this mod?
A: Yes, as long as I'm credited

Canute

pablo603,
nice addition. Sound's like a Rimatomic lite ! :-)

Quote-Radiation upon explosion
Radiation should appear once the reactor get damaged below 90% and increase with the damage of the reactor.
But when the reactor explode, noone even care about radiation, all on the map are dead ! :-)
But when the reactor got destroyed without explosion, the ground below should be changed into contaminated soil, which emitte the radiation.

pablo603

Quote from: Canute on January 13, 2019, 04:08:13 AM
pablo603,
nice addition. Sound's like a Rimatomic lite ! :-)

Quote-Radiation upon explosion
Radiation should appear once the reactor get damaged below 90% and increase with the damage of the reactor.
But when the reactor explode, noone even care about radiation, all on the map are dead ! :-)
But when the reactor got destroyed without explosion, the ground below should be changed into contaminated soil, which emitte the radiation.

Those are good ideas! This motivates me to learn C#. All I can do now are XML mods. Thanks!

Deer87

You could also make an explosion trigger the Toxic Fallout Event, for an easy solution until you can implement something more befitting.

Canute

Jan2607

Well, I really like Rimatomics, but maybe I will give this a try. Rimatomics is great for games that you are planning to play for years ingame time.

Maybe add a nuke? ;)

pablo603

Quote from: Jan2607 on January 14, 2019, 02:57:39 PM
Well, I really like Rimatomics, but maybe I will give this a try. Rimatomics is great for games that you are planning to play for years ingame time.

Maybe add a nuke? ;)
A nuke would be nice, but then the mod should be renamed "Nuclear Additions" or something like that, because it wouldn't be just the energy.

pablo603

Big, chonky BUMP
This mod is back with being constantly updated, but don't expect many, if any new features. I completely gave up on learning C# for now, as I'm learning both C++ and JavaScript at the same time at school and it's quite overwhelming. Maybe I'll get the motivation in the future.

Edit on 8th of April, 2021: Yeah and now PHP has come into play as well.