[1.0] Simple Slavery

Started by Ziehn, January 26, 2019, 12:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziehn

Quote from: Kanareika1 on March 31, 2019, 07:01:38 AM
Is versions with explosive/shock collars are compatible with Combat Extended?
Should be, let me know otherwise if there is any issues.

ertzuiop

A suggestion: I dont know, if thats too much of work, but is there a way of differentiate slaves from colonists in the pawn bar. Like coloring slave bars e.g.
Or maybe put them in a tab, like hospitality does.

togfox

Slaves already have a chain icon (or something) so ... yeah.

ertzuiop

Quote from: togfox on April 02, 2019, 05:10:15 AM

The point of my suggestion is to have more visible difference between slave and colonist...

Ziehn

Quote from: ertzuiop on April 02, 2019, 05:58:35 AM
Quote from: togfox on April 02, 2019, 05:10:15 AM

The point of my suggestion is to have more visible difference between slave and colonist...
Already on the to-do list

ertzuiop

MrWeeGee

Been using this mod a long time, it works great and I can't play without it. I was wondering though, if you had any ideas for a couple minor issues I've been having to get it working flawlessly.

1- Occasionally when a slave tries to escape and is captured their work priorities get reset when they continue working. It doesn't happen every time, and sometimes only some of their priorities get reset.

2- When prisoners refuse to be enslaved, colonists will knock them out then continue trying to enslave them using other collars I have stored, instead of the one they dropped. It's probably a vanilla issue that colonists ignore using the collar dropped in the prison, and it's not possible to enslave unconscious targets. So, colonists get stuck in a loop of running back to the nearest collar to enslave the target they just knocked out, fail, drop another collar, repeat. At least until priority tells them to do something else.

KozmoD

I can be wrong but I think the issue with ignoring the collar is cause items in prison cells get "ignored" sometimes. At least with meals, I could see that behavior.

Ziehn

Quote from: MrWeeGee on April 04, 2019, 01:40:26 AM
Been using this mod a long time, it works great and I can't play without it. I was wondering though, if you had any ideas for a couple minor issues I've been having to get it working flawlessly.

1- Occasionally when a slave tries to escape and is captured their work priorities get reset when they continue working. It doesn't happen every time, and sometimes only some of their priorities get reset.

2- When prisoners refuse to be enslaved, colonists will knock them out then continue trying to enslave them using other collars I have stored, instead of the one they dropped. It's probably a vanilla issue that colonists ignore using the collar dropped in the prison, and it's not possible to enslave unconscious targets. So, colonists get stuck in a loop of running back to the nearest collar to enslave the target they just knocked out, fail, drop another collar, repeat. At least until priority tells them to do something else.
Saving slave memory gets a little tricky sometimes, it saves after certain events and sometimes can be skipped if you do something we haven't accounted for.

I do need to tweak the Job giver a bit as it is buggy when trying to enslave downed pawns, which I haven't figured out all cases it happens as it only seem to happen rarely. The not using collars dropped in prisons is a vanilla issue.

MrWeeGee

Quote from: Ziehn on April 04, 2019, 02:14:16 PMenslave downed pawns, which I haven't figured out all cases it happens as it only seem to happen rarely.

Do you mean that colonists rarely make the attempt to enslave a downed pawn, or that it rarely succeeds? In my game, if their current priority is to enslave prisoners they always go for it and it never seems to succeed.

If the attempt loop is a common issue, it might make most sense to block the attempt on downed prisoners by making it unavailable. They aren't conscious to resist but it's not like they're going to wake up, notice a collar and say "Well, that means I better get to work." But I don't know how hard that block would even be to implement.

In-depth though, I guess it would also make sense if you collared a prisoner with an explosive while they couldn't resist it'd be guaranteed to get them working lol.

In any case, just a couple small problems that were bugging me. Thanks for keeping one of my favorite mods updated, and it's nice to see that it's still being improved.

Ziehn

Quote from: MrWeeGee on April 04, 2019, 05:43:37 PM
Quote from: Ziehn on April 04, 2019, 02:14:16 PMenslave downed pawns, which I haven't figured out all cases it happens as it only seem to happen rarely.

Do you mean that colonists rarely make the attempt to enslave a downed pawn, or that it rarely succeeds? In my game, if their current priority is to enslave prisoners they always go for it and it never seems to succeed.
It rarely fails enslaving. Haven't figured out the exact conditions for it to fail, in my test world downed pawns enslave just fine but have seen it fail before a long time ago before I started working on the 1.0 version.

togfox

I've noticed that escaping slaves will leave their assigned zone, move towards an "outer" door and as soon as they are 'free' (outside the colony) an in-game alert will be raised as they head for the edge of the map.

Just questioning if that is vanilla behavior with traditional prisoners or is that introduced in the mod? If it is introduced then I assume that is by design. Depending on colony design it can be very hard to intercept a prisoner when the "exit" is near the maps edge and the message comes very late. I've had to redesign my colony to make my "exit's" further away from the map edge to counter that. And that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Just curious on intention.   :)

Ziehn

Quote from: togfox on April 04, 2019, 08:19:41 PM
I've noticed that escaping slaves will leave their assigned zone, move towards an "outer" door and as soon as they are 'free' (outside the colony) an in-game alert will be raised as they head for the edge of the map.

Just questioning if that is vanilla behavior with traditional prisoners or is that introduced in the mod? If it is introduced then I assume that is by design. Depending on colony design it can be very hard to intercept a prisoner when the "exit" is near the maps edge and the message comes very late. I've had to redesign my colony to make my "exit's" further away from the map edge to counter that. And that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Just curious on intention.   :)
Yes it is by design, gives them an actual chance of escape. Which also if you notice that they are attempting to escape you can interrupt them by drafting, an accidental feature that rewards the player for diligence  :P

togfox

Oh - drafting!!  I have seen them enroute before the alert (I set a 'prison' zone so it is very obvious when I spot them outside that zone) and just out of habit arrest them. I didn't think to simply draft them to interrupt that escape plan!

Ziehn

Update: New Collar - Crypto Collar
Requires Cryptosleep research to craft. Freezes wearer in place when activated allowing for non-violent arrests.
Code optimizations