[1.3] [v0.9.1-WIP] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - Nightly build is ready for testing!

Started by NinjaSiren, February 25, 2019, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What vehicle do you want me to add?

Wheelbarrow/Wagon
15 (36.6%)
Sedan/Car/SUV
12 (29.3%)
Real vehicles?
14 (34.1%)
Motorcycle
22 (53.7%)
Red Alert vehicles?
8 (19.5%)
Comment on the forum.
2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

NinjaSiren

The ATV's sprite was made by using an image of a real ATV, then scaled down. Its ugly, I also hated it. *RUSHED* Yeah, the ATV can be used with Giddyup! Mod. Though, the Truck and Tank will still be 50% not functional.
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

NinjaSiren

Quote from: whiskydan on April 15, 2019, 04:59:37 PM
Hey it looks this mod could use some new sprite work(most urgently the ATV). I already made a recon jeep for personal use with "Giddy-Up!" but it would be much better here with no animal AI...

Thanks! I'm still looking on the way to make the other vehicles work. If you have a Github account, add your contribution to the mod!
[v0.83.4] [v1.0] Yes, Vehicles, Finally! - A somewhat* new way to travel the planet!

R e h a n

scusse me sir, can i use some of your work to my BMP-1 projects? i will give you credit for your generousity :)

NinjaSiren

Yeah sure, basically this will become a dependency mod right? Or you want a BMP-1 in the mod?

R e h a n

well im trying to make Soviet Combat Vehicles collection but it appears a lot of errors :/ maybe if you can or willing to help or cooperate with me, i appreciate it lad. yeah im using this mod source code (BMP in this cased based from APC codes) and i got the textures (well the textures are blueprint that i cropped it out :/ ) here the models.

[attachment deleted due to age]

whiskydan

I'm working all sorts of odd hours this week, but I'll see if I can set up a github this weekend and figure out how that works.

NinjaSiren

This collaboration looks great. I am still looking forward to continue finishing this mod. Even if this takes alot of dependencies.

R e h a n

gladly  :D i waitin for fix while i search some historical data for soviet combat vehicles for example what the thickness of T-72 composite armor, etc

omatkoicorko

so please explain me one thing... you said that "- Colonists could not go out of the vehicle because of some JecsTools problems, until JecsTools CompVehicle is not finished this will never be fixed." so we cant use vehicles anyway.
so mod do not work as it should right?... also you mentioned animal AI. did you implemented it? so vehicles are running form place to place? like animals?

regards.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: omatkoicorko on April 23, 2019, 04:57:46 AM
so please explain me one thing... you said that "- Colonists could not go out of the vehicle because of some JecsTools problems, until JecsTools CompVehicle is not finished this will never be fixed." so we cant use vehicles anyway.
so mod do not work as it should right?... also you mentioned animal AI. did you implemented it? so vehicles are running form place to place? like animals?

regards.

It's just that you cannot force to eject/go out of the vehicle when you decide to make your colonist enter a vehicle. You will need to wait for the mood of the colonist to go down at a specific level, then it will automatically eject from the vehicle.

JecsTools is a wonderful dependency mod, though it's CompVehicle where this mod I depend on is still broken on the newer versions of Rimworld, as they are not yet fixing it as of the moment.

demeggy

Be great if this mod can get legs. Some visuals that fit the style of Rimworld would really work.

NinjaSiren

Quote from: demeggy on April 23, 2019, 03:19:04 PM
Be great if this mod can get legs. Some visuals that fit the style of Rimworld would really work.

I really wanted to continue this, even for a limited vehicle version first. Until JecsTools is fully fixed, most of what I wanted, and the original creator of this mod idealized will not work as for the moment.

Ruisuki

damn i thought crell was working on it. Thats what I heard back in...b18? Oh well I cant blame him. Maybe we should all band together and pay the patreon requirement to request he creates a mod

NinjaSiren

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 23, 2019, 10:29:18 PM
damn i thought crell was working on it. Thats what I heard back in...b18? Oh well I cant blame him. Maybe we should all band together and pay the patreon requirement to request he creates a mod

JecsTools works properly on B17/18. But when Ludeon updated the game from B19 to v1.0+, many of the codes Jecrell used for JecsTools that connects to Rimworld changed. Basically, JecsTools CompVehicle compatibility for Rimworld B19 and above became wonky, then became broken.

That's why when I saw Giddyup! Core, it would be a good substitute for other vehicles that is "ridden like a horse."

NinjaSiren

If you want to contribute to this mod, please create a GitHub account and fork the mod's GitHub page. Link: https://github.com/NinjaSiren/Yes-Vehicles-finally

And I will add you to the contributors of the mod, so you can directly access and add/edit/remove any things in the repository.

Just make sure to re-check your GitHub account after forking, so you can accept the invite to become a collaborator.