[MINI-MODPACK] (Alpha 5) Creatures Galore Pack (Updated V1.5)

Started by XanderDox, July 17, 2014, 04:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XanderDox

Updated to V1.4!!! Wood Economy Tweaks and Mushrooms Mods added!
Be sure to report any bugs here!

XanderDox

There was a bug with the original Update V1.5 for this Mini-ModPack that had to do with the Mushrooms Mod, its been patched and reuploaded to mediafire. Sorry if this inconvenienced anyone.

P_anders

Hi there!

uhm ... i have a little problem. the Animals from your Mod are not spawning at my colony map ... i can see the meet and the corpses in the storage menu in the stockpiles, but there are no rimrats, no alpha muffalo ... non of them. not in the past 40 colony starts, that i made to test some things, during have problems with other mods. in past 50 or 60 colonies i saw maybe only 2 times tha alphas and one time the untelopes ( they are the pink one, right?)

Lancer447

Quote from: P_anders on July 21, 2014, 04:01:27 AM
Hi there!

uhm ... i have a little problem. the Animals from your Mod are not spawning at my colony map ... i can see the meet and the corpses in the storage menu in the stockpiles, but there are no rimrats, no alpha muffalo ... non of them. not in the past 40 colony starts, that i made to test some things, during have problems with other mods. in past 50 or 60 colonies i saw maybe only 2 times tha alphas and one time the untelopes ( they are the pink one, right?)
Do you have any of the original mods installed? 'Cause that's a problem. And if you don't have the original mods, then perhaps there's mod conflicts with, say, mods that change map generation (any map generator that changes the original terrain biome will keep this mod from spawning creatures, by the by). If none of the above, then, well, I'm not sure, as I'ven't seen the modified .xml files so XanderDox would have to help ya with your problem.
Outdated mods: Lancer's Mods Bundle.
Shamless advertising mods and stories... Penana.

XanderDox

Quote from: P_anders on July 21, 2014, 04:01:27 AM
Hi there!

First I need to know a few things, what is the output log saying, and do you have any other mods installed, the Pack worked fine for me in testing, but I'll check it out again right now to see if I can replicate. (Pink ones are Untalopes, with an A, the Alpha Muffalo and Untalopes are rare,)

Geoblazer5

I have a suggestion for if you could include an updated version of Project K9 by pidggit into this modpack as it seems that it will not be updated to Alpha 5 by the original creator. Hope you consider this! ;D

Link to mod page:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3593.0

XanderDox

Quote from: Geoblazer5 on July 21, 2014, 07:43:35 PM
I have a suggestion for if you could include an updated version of Project K9 by pidggit into this modpack as it seems that it will not be updated to Alpha 5 by the original creator. Hope you consider this! ;D

Link to mod page:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3593.0

I was heavily considering it, but I believe it contains DLL's, which I dont know how to work with, if he updates it, it'll definitely be added in, and I might take a look at it, but I guarantee nothing.

Geoblazer5

Also, I noticed that your Rimzard mod included kebabs, is this already in the modpack?

XanderDox

Quote from: Geoblazer5 on July 21, 2014, 09:11:48 PM
Also, I noticed that your Rimzard mod included kebabs, is this already in the modpack?

Not yet, since about 160 so people have downloaded this ModPack, I wouldnt want them all to have to re-download just for a kebab, so Im going to wait until I have more content for an update before I post an update.

spatula

the skeleton squirrel is really neat and i love the biodiversity this adds...

one thing I'd like to see on the animal side would be more alien-like creatures. Currently it seems most of the animals are parodies of Earth creatures.

I'd like to see more fantasy creatures.. wampas, sand people, droids, mechanical spiders, dinosaurs, mutant blobs, adipose, tribbles, triffids, rancors, jabberwockys, dragons, ewoks, wookies, dobys... there's so many sci-fi and fantasy stories abound with diverse alien creatures that are strange and memorable.

I'd much rather see a "strange collection of gelatin and bones, generally known as a Blart" with the properties and AI of an Earth-dog, than just a mod that adds dogs to the game and calls them "dergs". If you wanna stick with the sci-fi western theme, in place of horses, instead of just an alien-horse, it would be cool to see something like a giant stick insect or a dragonfly-type ferret or something...

Combine an octopus and an earthworm and give it carnivorous properties. Make a giant three-headed bear that flies. Maybe something like the extinct Giant Land Sloth but made of fish scale.

I dunno, just saying I'd love to see more crazy shit in this game.

XanderDox

Quote from: spatula on July 22, 2014, 06:37:54 PM
the skeleton squirrel is really neat and i love the biodiversity this adds...

one thing I'd like to see on the animal side would be more alien-like creatures. Currently it seems most of the animals are parodies of Earth creatures.

I'd like to see more fantasy creatures.. wampas, sand people, droids, mechanical spiders, dinosaurs, mutant blobs, adipose, tribbles, triffids, rancors, jabberwockys, dragons, ewoks, wookies, dobys... there's so many sci-fi and fantasy stories abound with diverse alien creatures that are strange and memorable.

I'd much rather see a "strange collection of gelatin and bones, generally known as a Blart" with the properties and AI of an Earth-dog, than just a mod that adds dogs to the game and calls them "dergs". If you wanna stick with the sci-fi western theme, in place of horses, instead of just an alien-horse, it would be cool to see something like a giant stick insect or a dragonfly-type ferret or something...

Combine an octopus and an earthworm and give it carnivorous properties. Make a giant three-headed bear that flies. Maybe something like the extinct Giant Land Sloth but made of fish scale.

I dunno, just saying I'd love to see more crazy shit in this game.

I'd like to focus on the parody streak of the animals, however, I see where you are coming from, perhaps with more time, I will make a new Mod, with crazy out-there animals and creatures.

XanderDox

New poll posted! Please leave a vote, comment/suggestion/question! I'm looking for ideas, and if you'd like to help out with development, I'm mainly looking for people who can make textures!

Tynan

Voting is locked :|

Also the poll is kind of goofy. You should offer a choice between several animals.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

XanderDox

Quote from: Tynan on July 22, 2014, 10:18:10 PM
Voting is locked :|

Also the poll is kind of goofy. You should offer a choice between several animals.

I'm running out of ideas here, I can only do as much as my current Texture drawer can make. I'd like to offer more animals, and gosh darn, this poll system is so angering, I couldn't even get rid of it to start a new one after the original one ended :/

Garen

idea: The BoomBear/ Frizzly bear

large health, does tons of melee damage, goes psychotic when it takes any form of damage, and does a larger explosion when killed

The benefits - a lot of food, can be skinned into a large rug which has a better mood bonus then other rugs, or can be made into a jacket that boosts a colonist's mood greatly