Your favourite colonists

Started by ParagonTerminus, July 20, 2014, 06:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParagonTerminus

Everyone has one or two favourites from each colony. You never know why you choose a particular favourite, you just do.

From my first playthrough, it was a guy called Steven. I forgot his job and whatever since I failed that playthrough long ago, but I just remember him being a cool guy.

From my current main playthrough, I have three favourites: Dr. Jake Henry (the narrator of one of my stories here, too), an inventor, and Vladimir, a badass politician.

Dr. Henry is cool because I've always liked intellectual and scientific characters in fiction, and in this case Dr. Henry is also a badass with his R-4 Charge Rifle.

Vladimir is a badass guy because he has an L-15 LMG, a badass trench coat, a badass bulletproof vest, and a badass general feeling. Oh, and it seems like he's Russian, and he's a politician with a machine gun. The only thing that would make him more badass is a gas mask.

So, list yours!
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

vagineer1

Quote from: ParagonTerminus on July 20, 2014, 06:13:32 AM
Everyone has one or two favourites from each colony. You never know why you choose a particular favourite, you just do.

From my first playthrough, it was a guy called Steven. I forgot his job and whatever since I failed that playthrough long ago, but I just remember him being a cool guy.

From my current main playthrough, I have three favourites: Dr. Jake Henry (the narrator of one of my stories here, too), an inventor, and Vladimir, a badass politician.

Dr. Henry is cool because I've always liked intellectual and scientific characters in fiction, and in this case Dr. Henry is also a badass with his R-4 Charge Rifle.

Vladimir is a badass guy because he has an L-15 LMG, a badass trench coat, a badass bulletproof vest, and a badass general feeling. Oh, and it seems like he's Russian, and he's a politician with a machine gun. The only thing that would make him more badass is a gas mask.

So, list yours!

My favourite colonist was an Alpha 4 guy name Ortega. He was a big guy with ginger hair and a brown trenchcoat and he was a Bartender. After he perished I always named one of my colonists Daniel "Ortega" Orteganson.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Shinzy

Chef and Lynx are my definite favourites so far
They're my gold level cooks
also both has shooting skill above 10 but they've yet to join in hardly any fights =P (bit of wasted talent there I know)
but they really really keep my colony running
with providing food and chatting with anyone who's eating at the moment in there

there's just that really friendly but total badass bartender vibe going on

BetaSpectre

Got a prisoner from a town 12 social and 13 shooting with runner and tough

Started a war to get her and lag killed the fun but man she was worth it
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

murlocdummy

I arbitrarily name my starter colonists ONE, TWO, and THREE in every game.  Whenever one of them dies, I reload my game, unlike the rest of the colonists, who are always replaceable in my games.

esk81

Fruit loops

this is sad but my favorite colonist was ''Emmie, sex slave'' who ever added that was genius there was so many times I've seen her a bounch when I randomize to find the right one or I've seen her in slave traders ships a few times So one time Emmie was kidnapped so...... idk man what are they doing to her I am sad every time I think of her

she was my favorite colonist just cause what she worked as xD
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

Zeta Omega

Quote from: ParagonTerminus on July 20, 2014, 06:13:32 AM

So, list yours!
There are like....2 maybe 3 mods I think that have gasmasks....Just making your life a little better

Zeta Omega

My favorite would have to be this assassin called Slug, he had a bad childhood but rose to become one awesome hunter.....Also the mod stuff I have on him makes him like a god..

UrbanBourbon

I will always remember Maskinnen. She was a pyromaniac and incapable of violence. And a total creep. Dark, scruffy hair, pale skin, dark grey clothes. In my head her IQ was off the charts which is the reason why no one could really understand her actions, including me. Yes, Maskinnen. Don't beat out the flames. I, too, see the wisdom in letting the kitchen burn. Yes.. yes.. I, too, find it is fascinating how a pseudometal surface can catch fire so easily. It must be the additives that are used in the manual speed-refining process of the ore, during the construction phase. Or perhaps the additives combine with the impurities of the local low-grade ore and together they form (delightfully unexpected) flammable compounds.

I never understood why she wouldn't even shoot with the T-9 Incendiary Launcher... But did I even try to give her one? I can't remember...

starscream

morgan was brave or stupid.  probably stupid.  he invaded the colony alone a few days after it was founded.  he took a turret bullet to the brain but was "rescued."
now nearly blind and braindamaged, morgan collects stuff and moves bodies to the corpse dump without being too much bothered by what he doesn't see there.  he moves kind of slow, but he's relentless and gets the job done.  an invaluable member of the colony.

MrDecay

Aland Vastel the scientist, I made the name myself for a playthrough on Mound & Blade: Warband and carried it over to Rimworld. Aland means "as bright as the sun" and Vastel is a status name for a medieval french vassal.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

Bruvvy

Mine is a guy named Jon he's a hunter and protects my colony

Xminor1

Mine would probably have to be this guy called Big Red. No matter what, he helped his friends while fantasizing about working on a railroad.
Kill All Humans!

I know that I exist... do you?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

stefanstr

For me, it was Vladimir also. In one particular playthrough, he had a separate bedroom with a double bed when all the rest of the colony still slept in a dormitory. When he died, they built him a little shrine. Good times.