Acquiring "Recruits"

Started by Livingston I Presume, January 18, 2020, 08:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingston I Presume

Hey, pretty simply question really.

What's the best way to "down" a raider so I can haul him off to the prison and begin the recruitment process?

I know shock lances are good but they're too rare.  I really want to start bumping up the numbers in my colony.

5thHorseman

Hit 'em with a blunt object. Clubs are pretty common in the early game but in a pinch you can even use logs.

Note: Something like 2/3 of all downed enemies will JUST DIE no matter how they were downed, so your luck will still look pretty poor. However, by using a club or log you are making it more likely that those 1/3 who don't JUST DIE because the RNG said they should, will not die from a bullet through their heart or brain or by having their torso sliced off by a sword.

Also, those raiders who live will just have bruises and cracks, and no cuts to bleed out and get infected.

"And yes, I said his torso was sliced off by a sword."
"That doesn't seem physically possible."
"That's what he said!"
(flashback wavy lines)
"This does not seem physically possible!"
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

LWM

I mean, people die from fist fights IRL ><

Canute

If you just want play without mods, you should take what you get at down raiders.
Molotov or other weapon that set a pawn on fire are good too, fire add alot pain that can down pawns too.
But the 2/3 rule made it impossible to capture that one pawn you want to have without reloading.

If you play with mods, there are some non-leathal weapons mods, or mods that add special ability to pawns (Magic,Vampire] that made it easier to capture pawns.

Livingston I Presume

Cheers, glad to know I wasn't going mad and that it is actually harder.  The smiths are now working on wooden clubs

SpaceCows

Quote from: Livingston I Presume on January 19, 2020, 05:42:46 AM
The smiths are now working on wooden clubs
You might consider steel clubs or maces. They're about the same cost but slightly better.

Livingston I Presume

Quote from: SpaceCows on January 20, 2020, 09:54:51 AM
Quote from: Livingston I Presume on January 19, 2020, 05:42:46 AM
The smiths are now working on wooden clubs
You might consider steel clubs or maces. They're about the same cost but slightly better.

Better in what sense?  I'm going for low lethality.  If they work better for that then great.

Canute

Basicly you don't need clubs, fist or wood logs would do the job too.