-made fire and ash kickers less annoying
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

paradoxmeem

vovik

This could be an intresting vector of civilization development to patch in... hmmm.
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

Steampunk is the prestep before electricity. The mod even got automata (robots). And i don't think the whole thing would fit into these medivial settings and balance.
Steampunk overall is a nice settings, and i rather would play it alone, then in a medivial setting.

vovik

No, i think that steampunk is not prestep, its  rather an another vector of development (aka dishonored, thief series, bthey are billions etc.. these existed together there). i will make stuff so you dont need to develop electricity to develop hi-tech research (hi-tech bench will be like large mechanical calculator in this case). Who needs electricity, pfft. Also i have an idea of making remote tesla towers for even ANOTHER vector of development, but this is for totally another mod.
Edit: who needs electricity when we can have stempunk?
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

Noone ! :-)
I got once the idea about a potter who try out new material. He created a cup which allways slowly spin and he couldn't even stop it when he try to fix it with his hands or fixing tools.
He sold the recipe to an alchemist and so start the age of clockworth with unlimited mechanical energy.
But honestly, an automata with a mechanical brain/inteligence ? Ok, maybe together with some magic and soulcrystal as controlmechanic.

paradoxmeem

just thought it'd be interesting to have steam power and the steam research bench a prereq for mechanization, and coal compatibility or something like that

Hydromancerx

So the tailoring spot disappeared from the ZARS Tribalism mod. Did this mod alter that?

Also i can't find the deer hood.

EDIT:

<li Class="PatchOperationRemove">
<xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "Apparel_DeerHood"]</xpath>
  </li>

So i talked to Dracoix and he showed me where the patch info was. So why was the deer hood removed?

vovik

Well, i could not find how to make deer hood makeable only from male deers. I could use some explaining how to do it and then it will be made properly, till then.. well, i can make it makeable from any deer if you wish.
Edit: yes, i did remove tailoring spot and moved recipes to standart crafting one. I dont see any other difference in constructing specialized crafting spots and making 2 separate defs other than latter adding more structure defs.
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

Doesn't only male elephants drop tusk ?
Couldn't you made this that only male deer drop the required material when you butcher them ?

vovik

Oh, found this! Okkay, thats another way to mke this properly, thanks! I havent butchered any elephant so i did not notice. And that solves problem of having head on place! Thanks.
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

Quote from: vovik on August 28, 2020, 04:20:58 PM
Well, i could not find how to make deer hood makeable only from male deers. I could use some explaining how to do it and then it will be made properly, till then.. well, i can make it makeable from any deer if you wish.
Edit: yes, i did remove tailoring spot and moved recipes to standart crafting one. I dont see any other difference in constructing specialized crafting spots and making 2 separate defs other than latter adding more structure defs.

Well the Deer Extension mod drops antlers. Perhaps integrate that mod.

Deer Extension Mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1336473924

Summary
1.Butcher juvenile male deer can get pilose antler.
2.Butcher adult male caribou can get caribou horn.
3.Caribou horn can be made into caribou horn artware.
4.Elk and Caribou become pack animals.
5.Adult male Elk can product musk.
6.Musk can be made into sachet. (Sachet: A kind of small pocket which is filled with musk. It can be carried on the body and full of aromatic, relax your body and soothe your mood.)

EDIT: looks like Westerado had antler/horn drops too. It is still 1.0 though.

Westerado
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613533435

vovik

Update:
+research patches to allow skipping electricity
+early adv component recipe (what was the first - chicken or the egg? advanced component or fabrication bench?)
+added terrain modification(fertilize, stony soil refinement, making beaten path, etc), for real, these terrain modifications are there for good and do not influence colony wealth
+added crushed stones of any kind
+allowed to throw rocks
+added stuffed bear for comfy bedrooms

+updated patches to incorporate zars tribalism properly - hoods are now butcherparts when in par with early times
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

Not sure if Rudo still update the steam version.
But i notice "Blue Tabard" has no resource cost list (steam version), currently i don't know if this a mistake from vovik or Rudo.

vovik

Thats my mistake - i did put stuff categories in wrong place when subclassing. Thanks for reporting.
Mein Herz brennt