[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killaim

Quote from: Shinzy on November 04, 2014, 02:42:13 PM
Quote from: skullywag on November 04, 2014, 02:23:59 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on November 04, 2014, 01:51:08 PM
Quote from: Killaim on November 04, 2014, 12:41:43 PM
huh.. would think if item name has "hyperthread" in name then drop hyperthread cloth ?

or do you not have access to that.. i duno im horrible at coding and is been years.

but my first thought was a long if or else list of all the material types call on when the mateirla is dumped .

but i will take your word for it :) Thanx again :3
That kinda thing would be better done by someone who has the skill to make it work and keep it working =P
I'll just make do with the tools I have! and my blessed socks!

*raises hand* I do solemnly swear to help you get this system working once A8 rolls around.
I volunteer Jellie and Mrofa and Minnie (any any other stray-pair of eyes) as my witnesses  for this!
backing down at this point is deemed illegal! ;D
(thank you!)

:D yay! :D

NoImageAvailable

Hey Shinzy, do you have any plans for winter clothing yet? Cause you know, with A8 bringing us snow we really need something to go with that fur hat.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Shinzy

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 05, 2014, 04:16:53 PM
Hey Shinzy, do you have any plans for winter clothing yet? Cause you know, with A8 bringing us snow we really need something to go with that fur hat.

Tommyguns? I.. well.. I could maybe make a soviet version of the aerocowl (aerokovl) with tommygun attachment but

(Yes, yes I do =P I want to see the Parka first. But I do want to take advantage of all the new features!)

Evul

That's a Russian PPSh-41 the tommygun is the Model 1921 Thomson US made :P I think PA has it. *Digging among million of files...*

kokuto

Would it be possible to enable the assembly of 'regular' power armour? It just seems odd that light power armour and hive armour can be made but not the standard variety.

Shinzy

Quote from: Evul on November 06, 2014, 12:56:28 AM
That's a Russian PPSh-41 the tommygun is the Model 1921 Thomson US made :P I think PA has it. *Digging among million of files...*

I thought PA would have it =P whenever you see a gun somewhere you could really just ask yourself and even answer on the same breath "Did PA done it? - PA did done it" (There's a lot of guns!)

Quote from: kokuto on November 06, 2014, 01:51:39 AM
Would it be possible to enable the assembly of 'regular' power armour? It just seems odd that light power armour and hive armour can be made but not the standard variety.
I thought about it once! but it felt bit counterproductive when you use them to get hex-cells
and therefore would need hex cells to craft them =P (But now that you mention it, it doesn't make sense not being able to craft them does it!)

I had some idea to have the power armor be separatable into three individual pieces with some machine aswell
and you could then mix and match those with the other gear
So could have them craftable at the same time while I'm at it! imma plop it on the list!
(I'l try update during the weekend again, see if I can make something of the 'coated armors' or return back to the dull gray color scheme for them =P )

NoImageAvailable

How about getting hex cells from Mechanoids? Like an operation on disabled Centipedes so you can do something aside from just shutting them down.

kokuto

It surely its not like we're crafting nano suits from the glittertech mod, this is just regular power armour after all! But yes, it seems that centipedes and scythes should do a little more than being broken down into metal. Seems like a lot of advanced tech in those just goes to waste.

Killaim

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 06, 2014, 05:51:36 AM
How about getting hex cells from Mechanoids? Like an operation on disabled Centipedes so you can do something aside from just shutting them down.

i like that - perhaps a low low chance of recovering a hex cell from a destroyed one.

NoImageAvailable

I was thinking more along the lines of a removable body part, like how you get Scyther knife protrusions. So you would incapacitate the Centipede and then assign an operation to extract the hex cell powering it. That way hex cells stay semi-rare while also giving you something to do with incapacitated Centipedes other than just shutting them down.

Reysuke

Look what i found :)

I know this is strong against fire but 139% pierce?
Should it be that way?

Shinzy

Quote from: Reysuke on November 06, 2014, 04:28:48 PM
Look what i found :)

I know this is strong against fire but 139% pierce?
Should it be that way?

Aye! this is very much intended! The reasoning behind this was that they only protect the shoulders so I wanted to give them some purpose (Ofc this was before I realised you could wear them just about on top of anything so I may have to tweak it though I think I'll most likely just make other alternatives for shoulderpads aswell, so everyone isn't rocking the same ones =P)

And I've noted all the Mechanoid disassembly talk! Imma look into those in alpha 8
with all the supported recipe 'injection' stuff there will be and whatnot

Reysuke

I thought 139% Pierce for Shoulders and Arms looked a bit to strong :)
But if its intended its okay :D
Thanks o/

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Shinzy on November 06, 2014, 05:22:27 PM
Aye! this is very much intended! The reasoning behind this was that they only protect the shoulders so I wanted to give them some purpose (Ofc this was before I realised you could wear them just about on top of anything so I may have to tweak it though I think I'll most likely just make other alternatives for shoulderpads aswell, so everyone isn't rocking the same ones =P)

Speaking of shoulder pads, how come the light power armor only covers neck and torso when the sprite clearly covers the shoulders?

Shinzy

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 07, 2014, 05:22:30 PM
Speaking of shoulder pads, how come the light power armor only covers neck and torso when the sprite clearly covers the shoulders?

because the shoulders are group together with the arms =P and I imagined the armor without 'arm' plates when I made the def for it so I never put the 'Arms' tag on them ;D you had the best timing to bring it up though! I really want to have all the armor protect the bits they cover visually ;D (there's still few oddities like that! that I missed when I was changing them around last time)
The bandit's hat and hood is another, it doesn't cover the mouth at all which I'm gna change aswell!