[1.2] Apparello v2.2.2 Dawn of newer deluxier edition [02/03/2021]

Started by Shinzy, July 30, 2014, 08:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Shinzy on July 28, 2017, 03:38:23 PM
Quote from: ChickEnforcer on July 28, 2017, 11:24:15 AM
Hello, thanks for this classic Rimworld mod, posting for the thanks and to let the author know that the mod organization with coding is immaculate, trying to figure out how to make categories for my own outfit mods so this is an absolute blessing. Thanks

The Author wishes to let you know that you are welcome and hopefully will keep your own stuff really organized and neat aswell! Toodle pip!

Hello, sorry I didn't refer to you by name, last time I did that, skullywag wasn't the combat extended author

Shinzy, I am super new to modding outfits and you are a good example, I was wondering if you could explain to me how the category thingdef works? I've been trying to use your apparello as base but I just can't get it to show up in game!

I would appreciate your guidance and would give every credit where its due

Edit: Forgot the magic word: pretty please with chicken on top

Frank2368

Quote from: Dragoon on July 28, 2017, 10:05:47 AM
Isn't the point of Hyperwave to be better than any metals? COnsidering it's rarer and more costly than plasteel. I would not say it's an imbalance, considering the cost and rarity of the material. Unless you using mods to get Hyperwave easy, there is no reason to nerf it.

It has literally 3 times the protection of a power helmet and weighs much less. The cloth version has similar protection values to a plasteel power helmet. It definitely is not intended. The crafting recipe requires less research than power armor too.

Hyperweave is supposed to be strong FABRIC, not hard armor material. These have extreme high tensile strength to weight ratio like real life Kevlar/Spectra/Dyneema, but is fundamentally soft and not fit for use as heavy armor, which should be made with hard metals. The problem with fabrics like Kevlar as high protection armor is that while it's adequate for stopping low caliber handgun bullets, that's only because they lack the energy to punch through. Against higher energy ammunition like rifle cartridges, the simple fact that fabrics are soft means that while the bullet might not penetrate the actual Kevlar (or Hyperweave in Rimworld terms,) it will simply pull the fabric along and penetrate the person behind it anyway with the fabric in front of it since there's no weighted object actually stopping it from doing so.

Imagine taking a screwdriver, and put a piece of Kevlar on top of a watermelon. If you stab down really hard, you might not penetrate the Kevlar, but that doesn't matter because the Kevlar is too soft to stop your screwdriver pulling the Kevlar along and piercing the watermelon anyway. If it was a stiff object like a steel plate, you wouldn't be able to do that, even though technically steel's strength to weight ratio is significantly lower.

SpaceDorf

Hello, thanks for this classic Rimworld mod, posting for the thanks and to let the author know that the mod organization with coding is immaculate, trying to figure out how to make categories for my own outfit mods so this is an absolute blessing. Thanks
The Author wishes to let you know that you are welcome and hopefully will keep your own stuff really organized and neat aswell! Toodle pip!

you added categories for your items ?
for realz ?

I think I will let the author know, that I may be willing to try this mod again.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Shinzy

Quote from: ChickenForcer on July 28, 2017, 03:54:42 PM

Hello, sorry I didn't refer to you by name, last time I did that, skullywag wasn't the combat extended author

Shinzy, I am super new to modding outfits and you are a good example, I was wondering if you could explain to me how the category thingdef works? I've been trying to use your apparello as base but I just can't get it to show up in game!

Could you make a new topic about this in the Help section (and feel free to PM me so I don't miss it!)
Also please explain in the post what you've done so far and if there's any errors showing up in the log etc
and show your xml files!
I can at the very least promise to take a look at what you've done and see if I can spot where you've gone wrong :p

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Shinzy on July 29, 2017, 01:16:46 PM
Quote from: ChickenForcer on July 28, 2017, 03:54:42 PM

Could you make a new topic about this in the Help section (and feel free to PM me so I don't miss it!)
Also please explain in the post what you've done so far and if there's any errors showing up in the log etc
and show your xml files!
I can at the very least promise to take a look at what you've done and see if I can spot where you've gone wrong :p

Uh oh, you will see the heaping mess that is my organization skills, I will have to tidy everything up even by a bit and then make the post, thanks!

Edit: I will use your apparello codes as a base and tear down my old stuff, I hope you don't mind, it's just so tidy
Will credit for everything, super thanks

kaptain_kavern

I can clearly see you've never worked with him already! You know? ... Artists...
He is at least as messy as I am (and that is something, although I haven't the excuse of being an artist :p)

But pun aside yeah it's way more clear than some previous iterations ;-)

Great job on the mod's code, shinzy-gami

Oh and I just released my last mod. So I'm ready to work on the factionZ project again BTW, Yahr captain!.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 29, 2017, 11:09:21 AM
for realz ?

I think I will let the author know, that I may be willing to try this mod again.

Hello Spacey, not yet, I have finished it and got it to work for the SAS Mod, but not for the rest just yet. I will release them all in one go

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 29, 2017, 02:12:35 PM
I can clearly see you've never worked with him already! You know? ... Artists...
He is at least as messy as I am (and that is something, although I haven't the excuse of being an artist :p)

But pun aside yeah it's way more clear than some previous iterations ;-)

Great job on the mod's code, shinzy-gami

Oh and I just released my last mod. So I'm ready to work on the factionZ project again BTW, Yahr captain!.

Haha, I learned so much just from looking at Shinzy's coding, no more looking around one notepad file for everything. I love how the little effort in labelling things really help in the long run when it comes to updating, saves hours of hassle for everything else

Clearly you've put a lot of thought and love in this project, bravo!

I got the outfit categories to work after using your code as base and doing some tinkering, thanks very much, will give all the credit where it's due

SpaceDorf

Quote from: ChickenForcer on July 29, 2017, 05:52:47 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 29, 2017, 11:09:21 AM
for realz ?

Hello Spacey, not yet, I have finished it and got it to work for the SAS Mod, but not for the rest just yet. I will release them all in one go

I meant Shinzy :)
To whom I also complained about this
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Llamas1115

Can this mod be removed from an in-progress game? I'm fine with losing all the Apparello gear my colonists have, but I don't want a broken save.

Shinzy

Quote from: Llamas1115 on August 01, 2017, 10:02:58 PM
Can this mod be removed from an in-progress game? I'm fine with losing all the Apparello gear my colonists have, but I don't want a broken save.

it can but only if you remove (destroy, burn, erase with dev tools) EVERY piece of apparel and workbenches added by this mod first
this includes clothing in graves and cryptopods aswell

I recommend backing up your save file first and keeping the mod around so you can easily re-enable it incase you miss any clothing

And if you want, could you tell me why you're wanting to remove the mod?
It could be nice feedback for me!

neobikes

Infinite money:
WEAR Tophat +Trade price multipler
Buy all stuff that do not have SELL PRICE MULTIPLER (ex. raw materials)
UNWEAR Tophat
Sell all stuff that do not have SELL PRICE MULTIPLER (ex. raw materials)
= Free Cash

Ctrl Z

Shinzy, how do you make certain apparel only available to a specific gender? Thanks.

Shinzy

Quote from: Ctrl Z on September 15, 2017, 02:08:58 PM
Shinzy, how do you make certain apparel only available to a specific gender? Thanks.

You'll need to create some kind of custom code for that

PapaRockett

I'd just like some insight on whether the apparel from this mod is actually viable as a replacement for combat gear such as simple/power armor helmets. For example I know that the infiltrator headgear seems suitable for a sniper, but what about the others? I;d love to give each pawn their own style but I'm afraid it will make them vulnerable in combat.

Shinzy

Quote from: PapaRockett on September 27, 2017, 07:53:13 AM
I'd just like some insight on whether the apparel from this mod is actually viable as a replacement for combat gear such as simple/power armor helmets. For example I know that the infiltrator headgear seems suitable for a sniper, but what about the others? I;d love to give each pawn their own style but I'm afraid it will make them vulnerable in combat.

You'll just have to not get shot in the head really :p I'd use the sturdiest piece of armor you can find if you're getting your guys right in the thick of it