[MOD] (Alpha 6) Colonist Only Doors (v1.2.3) Updated 8/16

Started by Neurotoxin, August 05, 2014, 06:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omni

Now THIS is a truly wonderful, yet simple, mod.

I actually specifically went to look at the modding forums in the hopes of finding a mod to do exactly this. Same reason as everyone else, of course. I had some prisoners captured, but didn't quite have my trading set up yet, so I was just storing them to sell later. As things went along, I suddenly noticed a visitor had walked into the room where the prisoners were being held, prisoners from another tribe he must have been at war with, and was shooting them with a bow while they did absolutely nothing to protect themselves. I didn't want to outright attack him, so I positioned one of my colonists between him and his target in the hopes that it would remove the need. But as he shot me repeatedly in the face, I eventually decided it was time to murder or arrest him for his crimes against my people. Needless to say, they decided this was an act of aggression and attacked me. I kind of felt like the arrows in my eyes (okay, not literally in my eyes) might imply it was self-defense, but I guess the AI doesn't think that far. ;D

So instead, to avoid conflict, I reloaded and immediately executed both of my valuable prisoners. So the visitors wandered around like idiots and then left, gaining me nothing of value, while having forced me to destroy my own property. So to speak.

Yeeaaaah... that was simply a ridiculous situation. Glad to see there's a mod to fix it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tynan adds this as a standard feature in an update - hopefully one soon - likely as a simple toggle in already built doors. (Hopefully swapping out the visuals with something slightly different so you can tell which has been toggled at a glance.) Either that or maybe alter the AI to be a bit more logical about visitor etiquette. Or both. Either way, this mod should save me a lot of frustration....

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Omni on September 08, 2014, 04:43:01 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tynan adds this as a standard feature in an update - hopefully one soon - likely as a simple toggle in already built doors.

He already has. it will be coming out with the next alpha probably.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Omni

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on September 08, 2014, 05:56:55 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tynan adds this as a standard feature in an update - hopefully one soon - likely as a simple toggle in already built doors.

Oh. Remind me to actually pay attention, haha. Well, I can certainly say I'm continually impressed by Tynan's development style. ;) So that isn't really any surprise.

Still, in the meantime, delicious mod.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Omni on September 09, 2014, 01:53:40 AM
Quote from: Matthiasagreen on September 08, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Oh. Remind me to actually pay attention, haha. Well, I can certainly say I'm continually impressed by Tynan's development style. ;) So that isn't really any surprise.

Still, in the meantime, delicious mod.

No worries. Not everyone watches Tynan's update like a hawk like I do. 
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Reaper

What line in the html enables the thing you did to make doors lockable? Trying to fix a conflict with TTM.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Reaper on September 21, 2014, 05:04:11 PM
What line in the html enables the thing you did to make doors lockable? Trying to fix a conflict with TTM.

You mean XML?
<thingClass>ColonistOnlyDoors.ColonistOnlyDoors</thingClass>

C. Fenderson

Quote from: The_Shaikan23 on August 05, 2014, 07:17:08 PM
It's super annoying to have about 25 people visit, get dirt all over the entire base, block the hallways, eat all my food and then leave without having contributed anything to the settlement. Great idea to make these doors.
This is the exact reason I built a prison that has about fifty beds in it and a trade beacon in the middle of it.  Their lost freedom will contribute something!  This does seem easier, though, if not more resource efficient.  I'm keeping my slave trader, though.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: C. Fenderson on September 21, 2014, 10:09:53 PM
This is the exact reason I built a prison that has about fifty beds in it and a trade beacon in the middle of it.  Their lost freedom will contribute something!  This does seem easier, though, if not more resource efficient.  I'm keeping my slave trader, though.

You don't need a trade beacon to sell the prisoners...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Reaper

Quote from: Neurotoxin on September 21, 2014, 05:22:15 PM

You mean XML?

okay in trying to get the doors from TTM to use that how did i go wrong?

Because The game spouts a no such thing error when i use da XML

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Reaper on September 22, 2014, 02:14:29 AM
Quote from: Neurotoxin on September 21, 2014, 05:22:15 PM

You mean XML?

okay in trying to get the doors from TTM to use that how did i go wrong?

Because The game spouts a no such thing error when i use da XML

Did you actually define the door itself in there somewhere? You have the BuildingBase and the door base but I don't see the door definition which should look something like:

<ThingDef ParentName="DoorBaseCO">
      <defName>DoorPoweredCO</defName>
      <label>Colonist Only Door</label>
      <description>I didn't invite these visitors, who are they to just walk into my base?</description>
      <workToBuild>1100</workToBuild>
      <texturePath>ColonistOnlyDoors/Things/DoorPowered_Mover_CO_V2</texturePath>
      <uiIconPath>ColonistOnlyDoors/Things/DoorPowered_MenuIcon_CO_V2</uiIconPath>
      <costList>
         <li>
            <thingDef>Metal</thingDef>
            <count>75</count>
         </li>
      </costList>
      <comps>
         <li>
            <compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
            <basePowerConsumption>50</basePowerConsumption>
            <transmitsPower>true</transmitsPower>
         </li>
      </comps>
   </ThingDef>

replacing my values there with TTM's

Haplo

Another possibility could be that he added the class, but didn't add the needed assembler folder. :)

Last2Night

Any chance we can get a download link? The current guests state of the game is a complete bull****, they just come in eat all my food and leave. Shame that dev didnt add a locked doors option yet.

Thanks.