The Big Patch Notes Topic

Started by Semmy, November 04, 2013, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickle

When did this become unstickied? Most inconvenient! I'm too lazy to bookmark the google doc so I check this thread every day!

Semmy

Quote from: Stickle on February 05, 2014, 06:44:51 PM
When did this become unstickied? Most inconvenient! I'm too lazy to bookmark the google doc so I check this thread every day!

This is tynan's doing (-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

bigwolf2101

Quote from: Semmy on February 05, 2014, 08:25:52 PM

then tell him to fix it lol I am the same to lazy to hunt for it

Semmy

Quote from: bigwolf2101 on February 05, 2014, 08:35:13 PM
Quote from: Semmy on February 05, 2014, 08:25:52 PM

I could sticky it. But tynan wanted a little less cluttered top part of this board. And i can totally understand that.
I will discuss it with him if i dont forget it (-:

then tell him to fix it lol I am the same to lazy to hunt for it
Edmund Burke

Galileus

Well, to be fair, whenever any big update comes this topic will get digged out and bump'd to high heaven instantly ;)

kin

Didn't mean to seem as if complaining with last post, just stating what I have found since this patch that needs attention (in my opinion).
I have continued to play through and have got to grips with the new system, but quite a few features don't really work as is.

The idea of the launch-pads is ok but needs refining, would you really have masses of valuable bartering materials just lying about outside your main building for one?.

Having to fetch materials to build something is ok, but surely the materials could be considered to have been delivered to site?, and in an amount that would finish the job in one go.

And I can't remember the job allocation system being as screwy as it is now.
Example 1: a fire breaks out - my guys go to fight it, and do a kind of tag team affair across the length of my base trying to put it out.
Example 2: I want to build a series of demo caps on the run-in to my base and get a keystone cops effect among my colonists where one runs up with 1xmetal in his hands, drops it off then buggers off for another to run in with 29x drop that off and scarper, then finally a 3rd guy drops off the rest and starts building, only to realise he forgot to repair that conduit in the mess hall and buggers off too.

I try to redirect him, but it turns out now that actually "Rosco" is the lucky gal who gets to finish off this one, and shes all the way over the other side of the base, so I find her, redirect her to do something else and go back to Vlad and ask him nicely if he wouldn't mind finishing the job before the raiders get here.

All in all, I absolutely love this game and big thanks to Tynan for bringing into the world, but I am worried that there maybe too much micro-management involved in the final product, isn't that one of the things that ruined the MOO series?

thestalkinghead

Quote from: kin on February 05, 2014, 10:36:58 PM
Didn't mean to seem as if complaining with last post, just stating what I have found since this patch that needs attention (in my opinion).
I have continued to play through and have got to grips with the new system, but quite a few features don't really work as is.

The idea of the launch-pads is ok but needs refining, would you really have masses of valuable bartering materials just lying about outside your main building for one?.

Having to fetch materials to build something is ok, but surely the materials could be considered to have been delivered to site?, and in an amount that would finish the job in one go.

And I can't remember the job allocation system being as screwy as it is now.
Example 1: a fire breaks out - my guys go to fight it, and do a kind of tag team affair across the length of my base trying to put it out.
Example 2: I want to build a series of demo caps on the run-in to my base and get a keystone cops effect among my colonists where one runs up with 1xmetal in his hands, drops it off then buggers off for another to run in with 29x drop that off and scarper, then finally a 3rd guy drops off the rest and starts building, only to realise he forgot to repair that conduit in the mess hall and buggers off too.

I try to redirect him, but it turns out now that actually "Rosco" is the lucky gal who gets to finish off this one, and shes all the way over the other side of the base, so I find her, redirect her to do something else and go back to Vlad and ask him nicely if he wouldn't mind finishing the job before the raiders get here.

All in all, I absolutely love this game and big thanks to Tynan for bringing into the world, but I am worried that there maybe too much micro-management involved in the final product, isn't that one of the things that ruined the MOO series?

yeah i know what you mean about the fires, there should definitely be a more efficient way of putting out fires than making someone on the other side of the base put out a spreading fire when the guy right next to it has just put out a fire, also a way to override who is currently ordered to do a task would be good, because now if i want to personally order a guy to do a task (like putting out a fire) i have to manually order the person that was already going to do it to do something else or recruit them before i get the guy to do the task

t3mainframe

QuoteHoppers default to not accepting human meat.
QuoteAI: Started the reaction/butchery/cooking system.

I'm sooooo looking forward to the next update.

Semmy

Well some more news. I hope you guys like it.

Edmund Burke

Untrustedlife

This is lookin great, I am excited.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

thestalkinghead

awesome, looks like the muffalow are going to get hunted to near extinction, because history teaches me nothing

Tynan

Quote from: thestalkinghead on February 12, 2014, 12:28:22 PM
awesome, looks like the muffalow are going to get hunted to near extinction, because history teaches me nothing

Don't worry, there are always more of them!

But yes, it'll be a lot harder to starve. Even if you run out of animals and crops, you can always disinter some raiders :D
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Ender

Awwww ya! time for colony of vegetarian colonists with the once in a while victory feast on raiders.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

ShootyFace

Quote from: Ender on February 13, 2014, 05:15:43 PM
Awwww ya! time for colony of vegetarian colonists with the once in a while victory feast on raiders.

My girlfriend thinks I'm a sick puppy for wishing I could put raider bodies in hoppers to make raider stew. She's going to be absolutely appalled that something akin to that is in the works.

For this, I applaud you, Tynan.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Ender

Quote from: ShootyFace on February 15, 2014, 01:23:42 PM
Quote from: Ender on February 13, 2014, 05:15:43 PM

My girlfriend thinks I'm a sick puppy for wishing I could put raider bodies in hoppers to make raider stew. She's going to be absolutely appalled that something akin to that is in the works.

For this, I applaud you, Tynan.
I second that! Mine was horrified when she walked into the room to hear me maniacally laughing as the mines exploded killing three quarters of the raiders.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....