The Big Patch Notes Topic

Started by Semmy, November 04, 2013, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galileus

You deserve my sincere apologies, then. It's true, it's hard to carry a tone over the internet, and it seems in this case I read this one wrong. It's double tricky, because what you say can be read as your very personal feeling or an expectation - both would be described as opinion, to make matter worse. Many people state their opinions like a higher truth and a common sense - as in "it is my expectation in the light of Higher Power and The Truth, that such a thing should be as and as such". And to make matters even worse, it already happened in this topic, with people calling for this higher power, claiming it was a "common knowledge" that updates should be often and numerous.

So I jumped my guns and assumed this is yet another of such cases. Not this time - and I apologize.

With this in mind, I can safely agree with you. I try not to say such things in this topics - for reasons outlined above - and play a patient hermit; but in all truth I'm not waiting with my fists clenched for the next update either. Sounds are a must and they need to be there (and we're talking about a basic systems allowing Alistair to even begin the real work), so I don't mind it per se, it's fine. Just nothing to be thrilled about. Will probably skip past the gameplay itself just to play catchup and know my Rimworld, but other than modding tools (as basic as they may be at first) are probably the only hope to get me to spend some more time with it.

Unless we'll see something crazy in the patch notes, as for me that up could be safely skipped. By then again, as for me, most of the updates could be skipped when it comes to early access ;)

PS. That nationality was something you picked up somewhere on the forums, or just a lucky coincidence? ^^'

bigwolf2101

Merry76

Quote from: Galileus on January 15, 2014, 03:20:25 PM
PS. That nationality was something you picked up somewhere on the forums, or just a lucky coincidence? ^^'

I thought it could be interpreted as a veeery bad pun, so I went for it. I remembered something from the Gnomoria forums, but usually my brain works quirky like that.

Quote from: bigwolf2101 on January 15, 2014, 04:53:18 PM
Will u 2 ever stop aurguing ?

Probably, yes. You might have to hit us over the head with a Rimworld Cactus(TM) first though. That will stop us right away  ;D

Galileus

Quote from: Merry76 on January 15, 2014, 05:10:36 PMI thought it could be interpreted as a veeery bad pun, so I went for it. I remembered something from the Gnomoria forums, but usually my brain works quirky like that.

What i meant was, I'm Polish ;)

And only good pun is a bad pun :P

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Galileus on January 15, 2014, 07:02:54 PM
Quote from: Merry76 on January 15, 2014, 05:10:36 PMI thought it could be interpreted as a veeery bad pun, so I went for it. I remembered something from the Gnomoria forums, but usually my brain works quirky like that.

What i meant was, I'm Polish ;)

And only good pun is a bad pun :P

The only good pun is a bad pun.....
that is.. very contradictory.....
But..makes sense in some way.....
strange....
:o
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Galileus

And it is a pun in itself. I was going to also add a joke about it being good or bad, but my head started to hurt after few seconds, so I gave up.

deadbeat88

this game seriously needs new content. I stopped playing this just a month after because there's nothing much to do.

having 2-3 items per fortnight would surely keep this game interesting.
Whatever you do, don't do it!

DreamsDefined

Quote from: deadbeat88 on January 19, 2014, 01:41:42 PM
this game seriously needs new content. I stopped playing this just a month after because there's nothing much to do.

having 2-3 items per fortnight would surely keep this game interesting.

Oh dearrrrrrrr.

So you got a month out of a game that is pre-alpha (and clearly said so), and no one tied you down by your ovaries and forced you to buy it? The horror....

At least your name is uber apt  :D

Galileus

How much value can one expect from a 20$ title anyway? ^^' It's a one trip to cinema, and I'm pretty sure no one complains to cinemas their movies would last more than a month if they added 5 more minutes to them every two weeks :P

DreamsDefined

Quote from: Galileus on January 19, 2014, 04:32:17 PM
How much value can one expect from a 20$ title anyway? ^^' It's a one trip to cinema, and I'm pretty sure no one complains to cinemas their movies would last more than a month if they added 5 more minutes to them every two weeks :P

Exactly. Always find it interesting that video game prices get a constant hammering, yet on a per-hour value basis they're one of the best forms of entertainment going around; barring a yo-yo of course.

Galileus

Don't be silly now, yoyos weren't updated for 2,5k years now, it surely makes them pointless to have.

deadbeat88

I hate it when people have to reply with rude comment just to make a point.

$30 is not a small money. imagine those who contributed even more. Im not complaining about them not releasing more content, Im just saying it be cooler IF THEY DO!

I also bought a game called Door Kickers for $15 as alpha, they always have new content every month(LIKE ALL ALPHA GAMES).

Or why not release the mod tools? surely, an "alpha" mod tool can address this issue, would you say?

Semmy

There will be new content.
But some bigger stuff needed to be done. This just takes time.
Don't worry some cool new things next update.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Ender

Quote from: deadbeat88 on January 20, 2014, 11:54:23 AM
I hate it when people have to reply with rude comment just to make a point.

$30 is not a small money. imagine those who contributed even more. Im not complaining about them not releasing more content, Im just saying it be cooler IF THEY DO!

I also bought a game called Door Kickers for $15 as alpha, they always have new content every month(LIKE ALL ALPHA GAMES).

Or why not release the mod tools? surely, an "alpha" mod tool can address this issue, would you say?
you may have a point with door kickers releasing every month, but i also own the game on steam, and to tell you the truth they don't add a whole lot, sure the updates are significant but, they also have 3 developers, not one. Tynan works as hard and as much as he can, but again hes only one person and does have a life other than sitting there coding for however many hours you wish him to work.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

deadbeat88

Quote from: Ender on January 20, 2014, 05:03:20 PM
you may have a point with door kickers releasing every month, but i also own the game on steam, and to tell you the truth they don't add a whole lot, sure the updates are significant but, they also have 3 developers, not one. Tynan works as hard and as much as he can, but again hes only one person and does have a life other than sitting there coding for however many hours you wish him to work.

True. but can we vote for the release of version 324? that thing had many updates, it could probably change some things in the gameplay... that is if the save files are compatible with new versions now.

I'll just wait till they release new content. in the meantime, i'll finish that door kickers.