[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy_Dandy

I could send you a save with 2 of 3 colonists idle, and only vanilla core and the UI-mod activated. If I only could find out where the saves are located. :) I can easely find the save files for any other game on my PC, but the Rimworld ones are somewhere else, hidden and out of reach it seems. :)

Edit: Found it finally, but it's larger then the allowed 600 KB.......

Andy_Dandy

Here it finally is, and zip'ed down in size. I'm just too stupid when it comes to PC's. :)

Remember to only run the EdB UI-mod and Alpha 11b Core. 2 of 3 colonists will be idle, despite having both construction, hauling (lots of iron in north-west of map) and cleaning to do. You can force them to do stuff, but when the task is finished they go back to being idle.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Mechanoid Hivemind

There is this issue, i hit esc and everything freezes nothing works at all. i can pause the game but it dont help even un pausing it keeps it all frozen my overview is broken too. only way to fix it is by pressing over view and haveing the game un paused

EDIT:
When i turn your ui off everything is okay. But with it on everything goes to hell in a hand basket
http://puu.sh/iNNaU/98893096f5.jpg These are my mods
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

skullywag

Zerg have you deleted all your configs and prefs from your appdata folder, I found it helped with key based weirdness.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Yeah i did. Its not a key issue the whole game panics when i press esc to get the main menu it wont come up and my game freezes even with it un paused even my over view is broken
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

skullywag

theres another file for edb in there, thats the one i mean.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: skullywag on July 05, 2015, 07:32:48 AM
theres another file for edb in there, thats the one i mean.
So what i delete this one too? or what?

skullywag

that or change an edb interface config in its options menu ingame, which if you cant get to it (hence why i think its the issue) yes delete the file with edb in its name, itll regenerate it when you save some edb options.

Mechanoid Hivemind

http://puu.sh/iNRLv/b7924257e4.jpg
Nothing i deleted it and its still broken i cant even give a save file because i cant save the damn thing. i am so frustrated right now. like what the f*ck is happening?? Theres no error log nothing the game loads up fine till it gets to the actual game then hell comes to rimworld. I have to be missing something here. I am in such a panic because nothing like this has ever happened. i even had dev mode on this time and it still didnt give me my error log thing. I cant use the interface till its fixed and i am so pissed cause i wanna play but cant  >:(

skullywag

ok delete modsconfig.xml so you can start the game, then turn on mods until it breaks.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: skullywag on July 05, 2015, 09:08:52 AM
ok delete modsconfig.xml so you can start the game, then turn on mods until it breaks.
Its fixed some how. I have no clues what happened. I was rooting around in the xml files, thats all i didnt change anything or add anything.

kaptain_kavern

Your bug make me think of what happen when you add mod that require to create a new world to an existing save, for what it's worth ....

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 05, 2015, 09:28:00 AM
Your bug make me think of what happen when you add mod that require to create a new world to an existing save, for what it's worth ....
I thought that too but i have no saves i beat my vanilla lp. And i just made a new world and a new colony :/

TLHeart

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on July 05, 2015, 04:09:52 AM
Here it finally is, and zip'ed down in size. I'm just too stupid when it comes to PC's. :)

Remember to only run the EdB UI-mod and Alpha 11b Core. 2 of 3 colonists will be idle, despite having both construction, hauling (lots of iron in north-west of map) and cleaning to do. You can force them to do stuff, but when the task is finished they go back to being idle.

loaded your game file and ran it with EdB and without. got the same wandering in both. Changed construction to a 1 priority, and the problem cleared up, in both tests.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: TLHeart on July 05, 2015, 09:55:25 PM
Quote from: Andy_Dandy on July 05, 2015, 04:09:52 AM

loaded your game file and ran it with EdB and without. got the same wandering in both. Changed construction to a 1 priority, and the problem cleared up, in both tests.

Hmmm, a vanilla bug then for the work priorities?