Wiki needs updating!

Started by HatesYourFace, August 13, 2014, 08:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkGhost

Weapons tables done and entirely up to date.
Missing weapons tables will be done this weekend (pilas and all, the orange line at the middle of OP)

Continuing this weekend.

HatesYourFace

Updated front page! Fantastic work man, this literally wouldn't have gotten done with out you. Lol.

On an unrelated note, I'm looking at the front page and I hate the way it's organized, it should flow then same way it does in the game. Ie. If its under the Production tab in game it should be there in the wiki. (The Nutrient paste dispenser is a good example, it's in buildings...which doesn't make a lot of sense, it has to be in a building to keep it out of the rain, how can it be a building?) Also, we should prolly decide on a standard format for the boxes on each page leading to the sup pages since they are all different and it looks weird. If I have time tomorrow I'll try to work on some more stuff.
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

longbyte1

Confession: I was supposed to be the one in charge of modding resources. I laid the groundwork and everything and started the first two tutorials, but it was hard to maintain because of school and everything (there are only 24 hours a day, which is a technical limitation. I filed it as a bug, but the ticket was closed under "won't fix"). :-\

HatesYourFace

Quote from: longbyte1 on August 13, 2014, 07:12:25 PM
Confession: I was supposed to be the one in charge of modding resources. I laid the groundwork and everything and started the first two tutorials, but it was hard to maintain because of school and everything (there are only 24 hours a day, which is a technical limitation. I filed it as a bug, but the ticket was closed under "won't fix"). :-\

You do what you can, every little bit helps. Helping a little bit is better than not helping at all!
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Damien Hart

Traits page is done.

If anyone knows how to make large headings without creating a "Contents" box at the top, feel free to change it. It's not a big deal, it's just unnecessary.

DarkGhost

Quote from: Damien Hart on August 14, 2014, 12:06:09 AM
Traits page is done.

If anyone knows how to make large headings without creating a "Contents" box at the top, feel free to change it. It's not a big deal, it's just unnecessary.

Use '''blablabla''' or ===blablabla===
More or less signs changes the header level.

milon

Not only does it change the header level, but it should also auto-gen the Contents box at the top for you.  ;)

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Damien Hart on August 14, 2014, 12:06:09 AM
Traits page is done.

Big thanks Damien! I shall update ze list! Looks really good man, seriously! I love it: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Traits

Damien Hart

Quote from: milon on August 14, 2014, 06:50:17 AM
Not only does it change the header level, but it should also auto-gen the Contents box at the top for you.  ;)

Yeah I know it generates it, that's what I didn't want - it's just not necessary for that particular page, but the headings worked well to break up the list. I found it on google anyway though.

Cheers HatesYourFace.  ;D

I'll take care of the research page next.

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Damien Hart on August 14, 2014, 08:16:51 AM
Quote from: milon on August 14, 2014, 06:50:17 AM

Yeah I know it generates it, that's what I didn't want - it's just not necessary for that particular page, but the headings worked well to break up the list. I found it on google anyway though.

Cheers HatesYourFace.  ;D

I'll take care of the research page next.

Awesome, it's in serious need of some loving. Community Powah! We get stuff done.

Shinzy

Dark Ghost, Fernbhoy, HatesYourFace
I'm going to name my first three colonists after you
just for what you've done on the wiki =P

I mean you sure don't deserve to get your legs torn off by stray bullets and have your arms poorly knitted back together
and possibly end up dead in a burning ditch somewhere at the remains of my burning colony
But atleast I can now trust the wiki bit more!
Really appreciated =P

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Shinzy on August 14, 2014, 11:13:13 AM

I mean you sure don't deserve to get your legs torn off by stray bullets and have your arms poorly knitted back together
and possibly end up dead in a burning ditch somewhere at the remains of my burning colony
Really appreciated =P

Lol, I have one request, If I become a vegetable I want you to burn me on a log pyre like a warrior king! Ideally all the other colonists will be present to mourn my passing quietly, take pictures! Lol.

Shinzy

Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 14, 2014, 11:32:45 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on August 14, 2014, 11:13:13 AM

Really appreciated =P

Lol, I have one request, If I become a vegetable I want you to burn me on a log pyre like a warrior king! Ideally all the other colonists will be present to mourn my passing quietly, take pictures! Lol.

Will do =P I probably end up forgetting to take any screens but there's the first
You all seem to be huge beatles fans judging by your hairstyles
Now I'm off to play!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Shinzy on August 14, 2014, 11:46:40 AM
Will do =P I probably end up forgetting to take any screens but there's the first
You all seem to be huge beatles fans judging by your hairstyles
Now I'm off to play!

Lol...Starforce cadet, Ace fighter pilot, Iron-willed.

I want that on my tombstone.

Irl.

HatesYourFace

Did quite a bit of work on the wiki today, mostly basic pages, links, deleting old/incorrect entries. Just sort of laying the foundation pages for others to come in and jazz up with some tables and stuff since that's all I'm really qualified to do lol. (And just barely I might add, I've gotten by so far via trial and error, process of elimination, and copy/paste!)

Just wanted to say I really appreciate everyone's help/hard work so far, even if you just popped in to fix one small thing. We have an awesome community here.

An especially big shout out to Fernbhoy and DarkGhost, my partners in crime lol...and of course Tynan for helping us find some elusive game files/wiki backend stuff/making the game in the first place.

It's starting to shape up but there is still a lot to do, no rest for the wicked!