[A11] Apothecarius FD - A11 FIXES - YOU NEED THOSE (19.06.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, August 15, 2014, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use the hivemind system?

NO
YES

JuliaEllie

For problems with the Epyk pack please go there. NO SUPPORT FOR EPYK HERE (link)

UPDATERINO - Got rid of the HiveMind. Back to the good old Apothecarius roots.

Hello everyone,

Apothecarius is back!!

This mod adds a small and straight forward production chain for Medicine made from 3 different 'medical' flowers which can only be grown in the Hydroponics.

Bad thoughts because your colonists are starving or have to eat human meat? Not anymore! Give them Soylent Green made from high energy plankton from our seas. Remember - tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

Medical textures by Shinzy. Thank you very much

Features:

Medical Crafting Research - After Hydroponics to unlock the Medi Table
Medi Table - Workplace to craft Medicine
Red/Yellow/Green 'Medical' Flowers - raw resources to craft Medicine
Red/Yellow/Green Plants - Plants that grow the respective Flowers

---

Soylent Green Research - Research the Soylent Green Machine
Soylent Green Machine - Make Soylent Green from.. well.. People
Soylent Green - acts as raw food. Cook it for best results.

---

Life Support - keeps your Colonist alive even if he loses a vital organ. Its a very basic technology but better than dead.
Eye ball transplants. You can remove eyes and reinstall them now. I think those are in the base game already.. cant remember..

---

DOWNLOAD Apothecarius!

PS : the 'FD' version name is related to my post earlier today. Happy guessing

Shinzy

Producing medikits feels a bit cheaty but god knows you need them alot in this alpha! ;D

Quote from: JuliaEllie on August 15, 2014, 07:01:30 AMAlso I need help with the textures - the current ones were "borrowed" from all over the Internet.

I attached Table and flower textures for you, rushed the flowers a bit so they ended up looking bit blurry but should be better than borrowing from the internets! *poke*

The table's real fine though! (even if say so myself! #Shellfish)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Iwillbenicetou

EDIT: I never knew this would be a huge mod :P
EDIT 2: Reserved for first page spot on famous mod ;)
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 15, 2014, 07:07:11 PM
Could you maybe make a version for mac? Please?

Mods should work on Mac either way. The only case where they shouldn't is IF they include an assembly (which this mod doesn't) and if that assembly calls OS specific code which it really shouldn't have need for.

Iwillbenicetou

Thanks. Will try the mod as soon as I can.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Shinzy on August 15, 2014, 07:00:01 PM
Producing medikits feels a bit cheaty but god knows you need them alot in this alpha! ;D

[snip]

I attached Table and flower textures for you, rushed the flowers a bit so they ended up looking bit blurry but should be better than borrowing from the internets! *poke*

[snip]

Yes it might be a little bit cheaty thats why I tried to put the entry costs for the mod reasonably high. Also you need 3 kinds of flowers and Hydroponics and power to make the Medicine which I think is balanced to buying it from the traders but Im open for balancing suggestions.

Thank you very much for the textures. I love them. I will incorporate them immediately.

Somz

Oh this is so good...! Feels like my grower become a druid, mixing up magic potions! Awesome!
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Encode on August 16, 2014, 11:50:59 AM
Tried to add this mod to a savegame, but unable to grow the flowers or make medicine (even when random droppods gives flowers). Maybe this is only possible with new game...

Thanks for your report - I tried it with my own old savegames and it works fine. Are you playing with Alpha 6? Maybe some other mods that interfere with JobGivers or anything? Did you research the Medical Crafting? Did you enable the Apothecarius job in the Overview window? Flowers are Hydroponics ONLY. Sometimes the game forbids ingredients in the Bill config for weird reasons.

Thanks to decomg and Somz for the compliments :) Im currently adding more features to the mod and fixing redundancies

JuliaEllie

UPDATE!! - Added Learning, Books and Paper system!! Literacy HYPEUUU
Also got rid of a lot of redundancies in the Defs

Iwillbenicetou

Is the learning for more "knowledge" in other subjects without doing all the hard work?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 16, 2014, 10:29:28 PM
Is the learning for more "knowledge" in other subjects without doing all the hard work?

Exactly that. Actually making the paper and writing the books is hard work as you need a level of 15 to write a book for a certain skill unless you buy a book from a trader. The books are consumed for balancing reasons

bilibilimoe02

Quote from: JuliaEllie on August 16, 2014, 10:35:00 PM

Exactly that. Actually making the paper and writing the books is hard work as you need a level of 15 to write a book for a certain skill unless you buy a book from a trader. The books are consumed for balancing reasons
The event of the trader do not happen from the game  at long time  :'(

Somz

Well, who is to say those books, in that universe, aren't edible, granting knowledge via digestion?!
You're doing some pretty awesome stuff here...  ;D
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: bilibilimoe02 on August 17, 2014, 12:32:12 AM

The event of the trader do not happen from the game  at long time  :'(

Thanks for that hint I will have a look at that. I didnt test the trader to be honest I just called it with force incident from the development console. Maybe I derped at something or you were just unlucky.