[1.1][MODLIST] Glitter Tech

Started by Sam_, August 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think this mod should be broken into smaller mods?

Yes
No
Yes, but have an option for all features in a mod pack.

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on September 04, 2019, 03:19:20 AM
If you will scroll down to the very bottom of orginal post you will see a mod called "fishing nets" mate

oops did know sam made that mod im sorry

WolfgangPolska

Np, I would like to see some more balancd tho
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Joshman1306

Has anyone experienced problems using the orion corp pacifier? Whenever I tell my colonist to use it in an attack order they just drop it. Same if they get attacked while holding it.

totos_totidis

For some reason the factions in this mod do not spawn. Does anybody know why that is?

Canute

Did you add this mod to an existing colony ?
When you want that faction from a mod spawn after you add it, you need the mod Faction discovery.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25159.0

Or only on a new colony all the faction from a mod will generated on world generation.

Waras

is there an option to remove/make apear later in the game for orion faction or at least remove their items on death just like mechalit does, if not then this mod is way too op, u just kill one orion guy take his stuff make urself op and ur safe till end game even on merciless difficulty

Waveshaper

Unfortunately that's how the mod is... And the modder behind it seems to be adamant to change that stuff - at least he was when I and a few others brought some of the major balancing issues to his attention some time ago.

At that time I made an overhaul for at least the mods weapon & armor stats to be easily implemented using another mod - unfortunately I don't think that I have the files still around, at least I can't think of where I might have put them at the moment.

It's been a few years since then already - but if I remember correctly the main issues I've found had to do with one weapon line - something like 'EMRG' or so I think - especially the pistol from this weapon type, since it's possible to get your first raid enemies using them, so you can equip your pawns early with some ridiculous one-shot weaponry. I - or 'we' - decided that mainly lowering this weapon types firing rate brought the best result. Also; IIRC shieldbelts from this mod should mostly be deactivated or heavily nerfed. And then there is the problem with Alpha & Beta Pole melee weapons... I would rather deactivate both materials before attempting to balance though. I remember seeing a fork of the mod once, where the autor claimed that he balanced this version in regards to those two materials - you might google around for it.

It's sad - the rest of the mod seems to be pretty well done and enhances the game quite in the right aspects.

EDIT.: Seems my memories aren't as bad as I thought. That was the project some of 'our' values got into - at least I think that one of us had a connection to the guy behind RWWB. Unfortunately that might not be helpful at all, since the project is obviously dead. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=932311074
BUT he still has the mod descriptions with his changed values up - so if you're using https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1084452457 or a similar mod to change in-game values, you might just import his values since nothing much should have changed in this regard since b17.

Sam_

Glitter Tech, Furnace and Tilled Soil are updated. The rest are updated on Steam but have a few issues.

RicRider

I love this mod so much, so glad to be able to use it again. When you play with dinosaurs, robots, nuclear weaponry and raiders riding dozens of mechanoids you need a badass mod like this with OP weaponry and armor.
##Coding Scrub##

RicRider

I went on Github this morning to add this mod and I can't find the 1.1 version. Is it only on Steam at the moment?
##Coding Scrub##

alexo

update 1.1 plsplsplspslpslpsl

Canute

alexo,
why do you think is the forum title [1.1][MODLIST] Glitter Tech ?
The mod is allready updated to 1.1

harpo99999

Quote from: RicRider on March 07, 2020, 11:32:19 AM
I went on Github this morning to add this mod and I can't find the 1.1 version. Is it only on Steam at the moment?
have a look at the dropbox links, they do have a dual version in them (1.0 AND 1.1)

WizarDoge

Tilled soil is not updated tho. Its still in 1.0. Checked both github and dropbox.