Help Reading Player Log

Started by Vivi101, September 02, 2021, 12:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivi101

Hello, I had a crash. I'm in the process of deleting and adding mods one at a time to check but if anyone can help me with what the logs indicate it would help me know what is the problem. Thank You.

Canute

Hi,
i don't think you have a mod problem.
But
Quote<RI.Hid> Failed to create device file:
2 The system cannot find the file specified.
Quoted3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x2 mode 0 size 12) [0x887A0005]
together with the error crash
UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
may indicate that you have an problem with the videocard.
When your modlist worked fine before, can it be that the problem happen after a windows update or did you update your video driver ? Then you should try to get the previous videocard driver.

Alternative, you should try if the vanilla game still works fine (harmony + hugslib, then you can use the hugslib feature quickstart to create test colonies 1click with the top right dev icon).
If anything works find, maybe one of the mod's add some textures that cause trouble. (point at the "<RI.Hid>" msg.).

Eichkater

Quote from: Canute on September 02, 2021, 03:47:16 AM
Hi,
i don't think you have a mod problem.
But
Quote<RI.Hid> Failed to create device file:
2 The system cannot find the file specified.
Quoted3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x2 mode 0 size 12) [0x887A0005]
together with the error crash
UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
may indicate that you have an problem with the videocard.
When your modlist worked fine before, can it be that the problem happen after a windows update or did you update your video driver ? Then you should try to get the previous videocard driver.

Alternative, you should try if the vanilla game still works fine (harmony + hugslib, then you can use the hugslib feature quickstart to create test colonies 1click with the top right dev icon).
If anything works find, maybe one of the mod's add some textures that cause trouble. (point at the "<RI.Hid>" msg.).

Hey Canute, can I be in your 10.000th post please!

You are the most helpfull person here by far and you've helped countless people (me included) during the last years. Thank you Canute! You are a great person!

Shinzy

Quote from: Eichkater on September 02, 2021, 03:59:18 AM
Hey Canute, can I be in your 10.000th post please!

You are the most helpfull person here by far and you've helped countless people (me included) during the last years. Thank you Canute! You are a great person!

We've stopped his post counter from ever reaching 10,000. Can't let him get too powerful!

Vivi101

I've removed Hd Pawn Rendering https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2538746878
And Haven't had any crashes since. Thank you Canute