Suggest A Personality Trait!

Started by MajorFordson, August 23, 2014, 12:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

Quote from: Shinzy on August 25, 2014, 04:32:33 AM
Quote from: Coenmcj on August 24, 2014, 09:13:05 PM
Cultist - Ritualises and worships the Psychic drone, attempts to force the 'gift' on others.

After reading UrbanBourban's story about the ancient ship and the cult he built around it, I did some thinking about it and would love to see some sort of ritualist or cultist trait which makes sort of worship the things that kill those incapable of handling the "gift"

Some sort of fanatic would be nice! though I'd prefer the subject of their fanatisicm would be somewhat more randomly linked to something over time

Like cult of worship of that one colonist who has cooking skill above 14
or cult of holy squirrels or the said ancient ship part

and if the specific object/animal/person is destroyed/eaten/killed
the one with the trait would flip out

ooh and maybe the fanatic could try to convert others into the religion =P
people with lower social skill could be susceptible to his/her charms
Edit: these 'followers' wouldn't obviously lose their minds over their 'god' being destroyed, though. Just minor mood debuff

"Lo and hold as the cult of battery was driven to insanity when the circuits overloaded that fateful day"

AND god forbid if *anyone* dare harvest the holy potatoes

This needs to be done.

God forbid, you forget the most holiest of items!
That one turret!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Rahjital

Didn't Tynan say something about implementing religions as their own separate thing? No need to have it in traits if that is true. It would definitely be fun if different factions ad different kinds of deities, such as outlanders worshipping the Sun, space pirates a Cthulhu knock-off and tribals whatever technology they don't understand.

To get back on topic:

Trigger-happy - Can shoot guns faster than others but is less accurate

Eagle eye - More accurate when using ranged weapons, but takes more time to line up shots

Martial artist - Deals less damage in melee strikes, but has much greater chance to stun the foe

Shinzy

Quote from: Rahjital on August 25, 2014, 05:36:35 AM
Didn't Tynan say something about implementing religions as their own separate thing? No need to have it in traits if that is true. It would definitely be fun if different factions ad different kinds of deities, such as outlanders worshipping the Sun, space pirates a Cthulhu knock-off and tribals whatever technology they don't understand.

There's religions listed on the kickstarter thing
'Fanatic' still needs to be a trait =P cause it's way more extreme than just basic believer

Ykara

Vegetarian - Gets a high mood drop from eating meat

Masochist - Gets a mood boost from being injured

UrbanBourbon

Introvert & extrovert (scale) - Gets a bonus or a penalty from social interactions.
Strong & weak (scale) - Modified melee damage. Modified movement speed penalty from wearing heavy items.
Sturdy & fragile (scale) - Modifed hitpoints for the various bones and organs.
Collects rifles/shotguns/pistols/heavy weapons - -5 mood penalty if no favorite item near the assigned bed. No penalty if one favorite item near the bed. +5  mood bonus if two favorite items near the bed.
Insomniac - Moves slower all the time but sleeps less. (=slower sleep bar depletion or faster refill)
Sleepyhead - Needs more sleep. (=slower sleep bar refill)
Agoraphobic - Reversed mood bonuses and penalties from room sizes. -10 from spacious interiors and open spaces. +10 from very cramped quarters.
Hydrophobic - Mood penalties from being near water.
Afraid of squirrels/boomrats/muffalos/deer - If attacked by the feared animal, gets an immediate but temporary mental break (panic), regardless whether the attack hits or not. Panic lasts as long as the colonist is targeted by the creature. Alternatively, could possibly use the same mechanic as being set on fire, just with a non-visible counter and no flames or damage involved.
Squirrel/boomrat/muffalo/deer hunter - A specific hunting preference. Extra damage against the chosen animal species.
(The above two need checks against each other in order to prevent muffalo hunters who are afraid of muffalos... or do they?)
Diabetic - Colonist needs sustenance frequently. Colonist aims to eat at 50% fullness. Goes into shock at 20% fullness, at which point needs medical assistance. (I'd suggest an informative notification if this happens)
Mute - Doesn't talk. Ever. Permanently lost speaking ability. (unless fixed with some sort of potential surgery in the future)
Deaf - (you get the idea)
Blind - (you get the idea)

(I came up with these as well but I later realized these are more professions, not so much traits)
Lumberjack/lumberjill - Cuts trees twice as fast. (needs consideration if otherwise not being able to do plantwork at all)
Ex-cop - Higher chance to incapacitate with any attack. (is this applicable in Alpha 6, now that we have complex anatomies?)
Warden (or Psychologist) - Flat +10% bonus chance to recruitment attempts.
Constructor - +20% hitpoints to non-electrical buildings and objects constructed by this colonist.
Electrician - +20% hitpoints to electrical buildings and objects constructed by this colonist. Increased fire resistance. (objects will have various flammabilities in the future, right?)
Firefighter - Beats out flames in a record time.

RemingtonRyder

Hypochondriac - sometimes this colonist will go lie on a medical bed to get treated even though there's nothing wrong with them.

Somz

I have only one:

Mentally challenged.
Doing random things, refusing to shoot but charging on enemies instead, sometimes eating raw food instead of meals, attacking objects randomly, would get lost and could hardly finish any task.

Would be pretty hard to implement, and would be pretty annoying but that's the point... ^^
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

BetaSpectre

Zombie

This character wants Brains NOW NOW NOW!!!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

SteelHeart

I think I have a few to add.

Oblivious: (Colonist) seems to have no knowledge of the world around them.
               doesn't feel pain and won't suffer a mental break, but they cant benefit or suffer from ugly/pretty things or social chats.

Strange: (colonist) just has something about them that makes them seem off.
              no one will talk to this colonist. this also applies to prisoners, so they would be basically impossible to recruit.

Compulsive Cursing: for what ever reason, (colonist) just won't stop swearing!
                             50% chance to double the effect of a social chat due to a funny curse, 50% chance to make a social chat a debuff.

Zeta Omega

I want some of the old ones back like gunslinger or artificial limbs. 

Darth Fool

Telepathic: provides psionic protection bonus to fellow colonists
Psionic: attacks raiders happiness with a psionic penalty.
Gear Head: gains happiness from being around mechanoids (dead or alive...more if alive).
Carnivore: mood drop from eating vegetables.
Pet Lover: Gains bonus to happiness from being around live animals.
Skull Collector:  Gains bonus to happiness from being around dessicated corpses.
Hypochondriac:  Will occupy medical beds even when not sick/injured and demand treatment.(oops someone beat me to this... so... ++)
Absent Minded:  Will from time to time stop what they are doing and go do something else (ignoring priorities).
Independent:  Has his/her own set of priorities which you can not change.
Tag Along:  Will try to do whatever activity the nearest person is doing.
Berserker:  When freshly injured will go into psycho-rampage.  Automatically comes out of psycho rampage once nobody in sight is still standing.
Groupie:  Gains happiness bonus when sharing bedroom and bogi when sleeping alone.
Clonophobic:  Fears that they are a clone.  Attacks anyone with a similar name.  Happiness penalty when socializing with clones.
Ambidextrous:  Can wield two weapons with aiming penalty.

SSS

Cool thread. I didn't read all of the posts in-depth, but here are a few I thought of:

Technophobe/Extreme Technophobe: Has a minor/major happiness debuff when using more advanced technology (nutrient paste dispenser, comms console, EMP mortar, etc.). Perhaps this would be restricted to tribals?

Weak-willed/Spineless: Suffers mental breaks easier than most (+5/+10, counterpart to steadfast and Iron-willed).

Ambidextrous: Can use both limbs equally well. Lessened debuff for a damaged or lost arm. Possible minor buff to aiming.

Fruitarian: Will only eat berries/agaves and meals derived from them. Alternatively, allow them to eat other foods with a minor/major happiness debuff.

Hemophilia: Bleeds easily and more severely.

Green Thumb: Minor happiness boost when growing (regardless of skill).

Hunter: Minor happiness boost when hunting (regardless of skill).

+1 to Insomniac and Hypersomniac

Fruit loops

Clean freak: LARGE decrease of mood if it is not clean and a semi large bonus from it being clean
(bad person for new colonys good person for veteran colonys)
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

Dead Videos

Quote from: ithiliel on August 24, 2014, 02:30:46 AM

Hot-Natured: This character overheats easily, and prefers cooler temperatures.
(Gets a negative to happiness in warm climates while outdoors in the sun. Bonus in cool climates while outdoors at night or in snow/rain.)

Cold-Natured: This character chills easily, and prefers warmer temperatures.
(Gets a negative to happiness in cool climates while outdoors at night or in snow/rain. Bonus in warm climates while outdoors in the sun.)

these would be more accurately called Hot-Blooded and Cold-Blooded, in animals these are massive differences in body temperatures, in humans its 1-2 degrees, but it certainly makes a difference, for example in real life i'm hot blooded, according to my doctor, my body hovers around 99.8° fahrenheit whereas the human average is 98.6° as a result i very much prefer cold temperatures, when the rest of my family ( especially my mother, she is cold blooded by about 1.5°) gets cold and will add a layer of clothing or long pants i prefer shorts and short sleeved t-shirts even down to about 50° it really doesn't bother me, but i despise the heat. and feel hot even at a mere 70° fahrenheit. sorry if this is off topic but i feel accuracy with these things is important.

Terramorphus

Pyromaniac- Loves fire and explosions! Mood buff when around wildfires, furnaces, explosions, or when equipped with a grenade/molotov. Refuses to put out fires, and will even randomly start fires.

Tree Hugger- Loves plants and trees excessively. Mood buff when around plants and trees, debuff when building with wood or when witnessing plants/trees getting cut down. Refuses to cut/harvest plants or chop down trees.

Space Enthusiast/Space Hater- Loves/Hates the thought of being in space. Mood Buff/Debuff when around spaceship parts, intensified when constructing them. Space Haters will refuse to enter cryopods, must be put in while incapacitated. Space Enthusiast will jump into first available pod and will not exit unless pod is destroyed.