Delta_Com

I don't know about you, but here's what I did:

Now I only have to select one mod.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

AY

Quote from: Delta_Com on August 29, 2014, 08:54:57 PM
I don't know about you, but here's what I did:

Now I only have to select one mod.
Lol congrats on saving 2 mouse clicks  ;D . I'll release a mod pack once I finish up on some of the other features I have planned.

AY

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 29, 2014, 07:28:08 PM
((also do stun grenades incapacitate? Im looking for non deadly weapons for colony growth
Progress update: After messing around I have come to the conclusion that incapacitation isnt something that's cumulative, rather something thats up to the storyteller AI, if the AI doesnt want you to incap someone s/he isnt going to incapped. I made an "incapacitation grenade" that uses a new "incap" damage type that I put together with a 99999999999 incap chance multiplier, but so far doesnt quite work in Cassandra and Phoebe, I'll probably put it in the next Grenade Pack update if you guys have any grenades that you want to me to make.

harpuea

I would like see stick grenades. They have farther range and accuracy than ball/pine apple, but less explosive power and radius/ Up to you to balance them as you see fit.  They don't roll down hill either, which make them excellent for charging up hill. Too bad Rimworld have no elevation.  IE, German M24 Stielhandgranate aka Potato Masher, Russian RDG 33

If you really want to make grenades realistic, you should consider making fragmentation grenades range close to real life counter part. Defensive Frag grenades are not safely used unless you got cover since the shrapnel range greatly exceed human throwing range from prone and kneeling. As nobody is likely to throw them in perfect baseball pitching form standing upright and stationary during combat. You are going to be running or taking cover. Offensive grenades are classified as having very short blast radius since you don't want your attacking force to charge right into the blast and fragging themselves.  This convention follows WWI trench warfare school of thought and all the way to WWII. Stielhandgranate complements the German Blitzkrieg tactics for example. So it is best if you only give raiders offensive grenades. Otherwise, they would frag themselves.

Balance the Rifle Grenades, Grenade Launchers, and RPG that already exists in PA.

These are natural evolution of Offensive grenades. They are they reason Stick grenades became obsolete. The range they provide greatly exceeds the range of stick grenades. In Rimworld, I suspect they are basically handheld siege weapons. I suggest making them less accurate and less powerful than the mortar.

Modern grenades nowadays don't really differentiate between offensive and defensive types. Instead, most are now just frags for multipurpose use. The only equivalent of an offensive grenade is the Flash Bang.

I really wish that Colonist can carry multiple weapons. As in guns and grenades.

Reference video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-miuPd3VLc

Zeta Omega

AY

Quote from: Zeta Omega on August 30, 2014, 07:40:25 PM
Dosnt it stun your colonists to?
The stun duration is longer than getting stunned by gunshot in combat.

Ptolisgoodguy

Satchel charge: Long Fuse, Short throwing range, big explosion

Flare: When detonated places flare where it lands which would light up area. good for miners (not sure if possible but nice idea.)

knockout gas: Very Expensive because of how useful it would be.

I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

Somz

Sounds fun, especially the close quarters part, but... Man, the range of weapons are ridiculous.
Which by the way wouldn't be a problem if my PC could handle bigger maps, but as it is, can easily shoot across the map. o_o
I should probably get a better one...
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

AY

Quote from: harpuea on August 30, 2014, 12:02:34 AM

Stick Grenades
Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on August 30, 2014, 08:10:13 PM
Satchel charge, Flare, knockout gas

Stick Grenades: Work in Progress, using the Model 24 Stielhandgranate, tweaking the vanilla Pineapple grenade
Satchel Charges: Work in Progress
Flares:  Not sure if viable due to the grenade mechanics being simply "explode" then gone, if not it'll probably be replaced by some sort of "Glowstick" apparel that colonists can "wear" and carry light around.
Knockout Gas: Gasses arent really implemented in the game yet, probably will be replaced by a stun gun of some sort.

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

AY

Zeta Omega

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 31, 2014, 11:51:46 AM
There's gas in the traps mod :)
I mostly use that mod for the armored cables and nitrogen gas when I have a forest colony, fires spread like crazy

Liltrue

Great mod! But I cant seem to build the barbedwire, for as soon as my colonist put all the supplies and build it, the barbedwire instantly vanishes. And I cant seem to research anything to make a trench or anything else beside barbedwire and electric ones.

AY

Quote from: Liltrue on September 01, 2014, 11:12:25 AM
Great mod! But I cant seem to build the barbedwire, for as soon as my colonist put all the supplies and build it, the barbedwire instantly vanishes. And I cant seem to research anything to make a trench or anything else beside barbedwire and electric ones.
Try downloading from ModDB again and reinstalling it, you might have the old version ( the one without the embrasures). Also, trenches and barbed wires do not need to be researched.

Xerberus86

hey, great mod i just have one question:

i tried your PA+realistic weapon mod pack so far with the vanilla version, now i have come to love the TTM overhaul mod which includes the PA mod. my question is now if (and maybe how) i can integrate your mod to the TTM mod which has the PA mod integrated^^.

like i said, i tried your mod with vanilla Rimworld + PA and i think your changes make a huge impact towards having a more tactical gameplay which i really like and i would love to integrate it into my game :).