Come in Tradeship! I repeat! Come in!!!

Started by princey1205, November 05, 2013, 05:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

princey1205

Howdy boys and girls,

Anyone know the freq. of trade ships entering the sector?
Its been about 4 cycles on CC with nary a visit from the travelling class, could there be a hard limit to how long she operates the events or am I just bloody unlucky?

Semmy

Do you got a powered communications set?
If you do maybe you are unlucky.

At the moment we are also trying to determine if there is a problem with traders atm.
They might have become broken in the last build somehow.
I will test this when i get home later.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

princey1205

Two power Comms sets from cycle 6 to current, cycle 13 without a visit.
Had plenty of visits prior to that.

I have noticed that I haven't had a Flare -or- an eclipse in a while either....

Here's hoping it is luck, I -HATE- those things, but the collection of over 120 weapons is looking sad without owners

w00d

i am having trouble trading, basically i get the message SoandSo ship is there but i cannot find any interface which shows me how to trade

Bobthefarmer1

Quote from: princey1205 on November 05, 2013, 05:45:15 AM
Howdy boys and girls,

Anyone know the freq. of trade ships entering the sector?
Its been about 4 cycles on CC with nary a visit from the travelling class, could there be a hard limit to how long she operates the events or am I just bloody unlucky?
Same thing here, it's sad because I got 5k food to sell :(

samtarling

Quote from: w00d on November 05, 2013, 07:42:02 AM
i am having trouble trading, basically i get the message SoandSo ship is there but i cannot find any interface which shows me how to trade

Have you built a Comms Console? When you get that message, send a settler (with social skills) to use the console.

DeltaV

I'm getting the same issue. It's been ~3 cycles and nobody's come around.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Bobthefarmer1

This for me is the reason why I'm starting a new colony, as without trade ships, I can't get more colonists, just fight off raiders and hope I don't kill them

nomadseifer

Just chiming in here.  I am having the same issue.  No traders/slavers for a long time.  Raiders keep coming but their numbers do not increase. 
Love of an Idea is love of god - FLLW

DeltaV

Quote from: nomadseifer on November 05, 2013, 12:04:53 PM
Just chiming in here.  I am having the same issue.  No traders/slavers for a long time.  Raiders keep coming but their numbers do not increase.

This pretty much sums up exactly what's going on with me. Are we all using Cassandra Classic?
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Aiven

I have the exact same problem. In the start I got a lot of trade ships, but now I must have played 6-7 cycles with none. The only events I get is boomrat, wandering trader and raiders. I play CC too. Gets pretty repetitive.

air805ronin

I played my first game on cassandra classic and saw the same behavior.  I had maybe 1 trade ship in the 14 days I lasted before sniper raiders ended my game.

i played my second on Phoebe Friendly after being wiped out and had a trade ship available almost at all times.  At one point I had three available to trade with.

benjiboy12

I've had the same problem.  I notice the trade ships stop showing up after my colony reached a population of 10.  Once I lost a few colonist trade ships started to show up again. My guess is that the AI story teller doesn't want colonies to pass the population to go to high.   

Nocebo

Just to clarify, this is build 250 everyone is talking about correct?
Supporter of The Mad Boommuffalo Project!

willow512

253b has a fix "Fixed a serious bug in Cassandra which was blocking events at high populations."

I had the same issue, but after downloading the new version my old colony suddenly had a trader visit. I suppose this is what fixed the problem.