[MOD](Alpha 7) Mining&Co.: Deepdriller MkII + MMS MkII (V3.2, 31-10-14)

Started by Rikiki, September 03, 2014, 10:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vingolf

Quote from: DestroyX on December 24, 2014, 02:41:12 PM
yeah, it's really rather stupid, since metal is so easy to come by now.

and since you just cant build a deepdriller early game anyways, its perfectly fine. by the time you can afford one without wasting all your metal on it, you'll have enough wealth to buy it in thousands from the traders anyways.

i really dont see the deal there, and i kinda question this logic

/sarcasm mode on
The logic is easy: In order to reduce the speed of car, we need to chop off one wheel ! (In order to reduce ammount of metal in game, let's remove part of the game itself, which contains rather crutial mechanics, that makes this game more ... complete... and diverse...?).
/sarcasm mode off
Anyway, the creator knows better what is best for his game, not necessarily for players, playing the game tho...

DestroyX

the thing is, its not actually in the (core) game, so what the hell?

why play big mommy and tell ppl they cant play with their favourite toy anymore because... reasons.

just make it a module like the other stuff and let ppl decide what they want to play with.

but really, the reasoning behind this is just douchy

HBKRKO619

Quote from: DestroyX on December 25, 2014, 12:56:26 PM
the thing is, its not actually in the (core) game, so what the hell?

why play big mommy and tell ppl they cant play with their favourite toy anymore because... reasons.

just make it a module like the other stuff and let ppl decide what they want to play with.

but really, the reasoning behind this is just douchy

I can't be more agree. It's a mod, so by definition, not mandatory, people play with it if they want and like I said it multiple time, it doesn't change anything for other players because it's not an online game.

Rikiki

Wow guys, so much activity for a dead mod ;)

As I read the last posts, I must clarify some things as you are drifting.

1) Tynan NEVER FORBID this mod!!! >:(
2) As I was no more fond of my own mod, I just asked his advice about it to see if I could improve it.
He kindly answered to me (thanks again Ty! :))) and I decided to no more maintain the Deepdriller.
3) Main reasons are:

• I am no more fond of it. :'(
  • I have other projects to work on. ::)
  • I have not much time to play/mod. :P

I might work on another similar mod in the future but not for now...
I repeat that this mod can be maintained by anyone willing to. Here again are the sources:
M&Co. Deepdriller+MMS V3.2 source

Patrykbono20

Need change the boss in company, only this guys :D
Anybody wants to update this mod to A8 ?
Its only needs deepdriller, others have in others work of Rikki.

#DestroyX

oh man, write in english languade or write in polish or dont write.*
"why play big mommy and tell ppl they cant play with their favourite toy anymore because... reasons.
just make it a module like the other stuff and let ppl decide what they want to play with."

*I hope the You know what I mean !

Utherix

How do you deploy the sonar? I have an energy pack filled and the sonar in my stockpile, but I can't figure out how to do anything with them.

Vingolf

Quote from: Rikiki on December 28, 2014, 02:39:50 AM

....Blaaah...

I will hate you for that for the rest of alpha and beta stages of the game.
No Happy new year for you. Bad boi.

Rikiki

Quote from: Vingolf on December 30, 2014, 02:38:49 AM
Quote from: Rikiki on December 28, 2014, 02:39:50 AM

....Blaaah...

I will hate you for that for the rest of alpha and beta stages of the game.
No Happy new year for you. Bad boi.

I don't see any constructive criticism in this post.
As far as I know, I don't owe you anything so mind what you say on public forums. >:(
Speaking like a children like that will only lead modders to keep their work for themselves.

daedelus

I gotta say I'll be sad to see this one die... That said, I look forward to your next mod :)

Vingolf

Quote from: Rikiki on December 30, 2014, 03:31:41 AM
Quote from: Vingolf on December 30, 2014, 02:38:49 AM

....Blaaah...

I don't see any constructive criticism in this post.

I suppose you've skipped all my previous posts in this thread...
ALSO ! Also... since you started talking about obligations - propper developers (it doesn't matter if it is a game, a mod, a ... etc), do their job untill the end,  without dropping it half way "BECUZ I GOT BORED AND STUFFZ".

Having said that, you only owe something to yourself. Atleast keeping your reputation smooth as a reliable mod developer, that makes interesting mods.
Right now you are somewhat disappointing players that were really counting on Deepdriller. Personally i don't use other "products" of yours, because i find them x999 times worse that this.
Peace.

hesoyam

Vingolf mate give it a rest already.

Rikiki moved on for the moment, and even gave up the source material. It didn't have anything to do with Tynan or censorship. If you care about this mod that much why don't you take up the torch and show the rest of us lowly plebs what a real dev is?

OR TL:DR

Challenge accepted?

Vingolf

Quote from: hesoyam on December 30, 2014, 06:27:50 AM
Vingolf mate give it a rest already.

Rikiki moved on for the moment, and even gave up the source material. It didn't have anything to do with Tynan or censorship. If you care about this mod that much why don't you take up the torch and show the rest of us lowly plebs what a real dev is?

OR TL:DR

Challenge accepted?

I wish i could, but the only thing i am capable of, in the area devoted to coding/programming/ is ... nothing.
So i just chat here, allowing myself to express my disappointment towards ... well... you know the story.

hesoyam

But I think you owe it to yourself to continue. You are obliged to continue this job to the end no matter how annoying or difficult it is or you risk your reputation.

Or since you like pics

I like them too

Vingolf

You are totally right. Let's create shitload of mods, then forget to maintain 1\2 of them, just because we are bored and the other half won't be even 1\100 as fun as the first half. I think that's perfectly normal too, right ... or ... ?
Blorp.