[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manly

I will pile on here and say "Ditto".  I am not even going to start A13 until EdB's mods are up and running.  I stopped playing this great game several months ago and am excited to have the new release but holding off until EdB is done. 

Thanks EdB for your efforts!!!!!

skullywag

If you get stuck EdB or want to bang some ideas about the modders slack is always open.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

TimTumm

mgspecter

I really think this mod should be part of the actual game. I know it's not Tynan's dream for the game but I think it adds to the long term playability of the game. They way I use it I'll take one group of survivors run a map, build up resources and a ship, and blast them off. I'll reload the saved characters, update their skills, add some years onto their lives depending on how many they were on the planet for and add a random amount of "sleep" time, add in any injuries they may have received, delete characters who died or captured, add in the resources I set aside for them to bring with them and start a new planet and colony. In essence planet hopping. It makes the game a bit more long term where you really have to think about upgrading your characters. Almost like RimRPG.

Without EDB and Prepare Carefully my interest in Rimworld only lasts so long. I hope to see this soon, but I'll eagerly wait as long as it takes.

Keep up the good work.

arigon2001

Quote from: EdB on April 07, 2016, 10:55:47 PM
Just a quick update:

Six months is a long time--I have not played RimWorld or looked at any of my mod code in about that long.  I've been reserving judgement on what I was going to do about Prepare Carefully and the Interface mod until I got a chance to look at Alpha 13.  I was hoping I could do a quick update to make it compatible with the new features, without doing any kind of major rethink.  So far, that does not look likely.  It looks like there's a change to the way that the game loads up the map that is no longer compatible with the core technique that I used to replace the UI in the Interface mod and to swap in all of your customizations from Prepare Carefully when you start a game.

I will spend some time to figure out if I can tweak it a bit to get it to work--there are a couple of alternatives that I'm considering--but parts of it may need some significant reworking, and I'm not sure how quickly that will happen.

So unfortunately, I have no estimate on when you might see Alpha 13 versions.  It could be quite a while.

Have you tried reaching out to Tynan himself? I'm sure if you were to contact him with any advice help he might potentially point you in the right direction or even help you figure it out fairly quickly. You'll never know unless you ask right? In any case, keep up the great work on the mod!

Herzer

I'm more than willing to wait for this mod. I can't play the game without this mod. I just can't. It's far to annoying trying to get colonists worth playing with by hitting random and far to annoying when you always get shorted on clothing. I won't play rimworld without this mod. So take your time EDB we'll all wait very happily for you.

pktongrimworld

*throws in chip with the rest*

I can't without prepare carefully anymore.

is all or nothing now :D

PS: we love your work on this :D

Nerf Irelia pls

Without this mod the "Create characters" part is pretty much Randomize characters, so yeah, a must have to be honest. Keep up the good work EdB  ;D

TheOcean

I play rimworld only with this mod. It's a core of the game for me. So i waiting for update :)

Dizooleghost

This mod is absolutely vital. Waiting for this mod to be updated before I play Alpha 13.

aalikane

Depending on what you use Prepare Carefully for, you can do a bit of a work around using the Development Mode options... inputting in the weapons and animals you usually do...   I know its not the exact same.. but it gives you a little of what you're looking for... also by 'randomizing' a character with only one or two traits that you actually wanted them to have you can give them the third in the debug actions menu...

It's not a replacement for Prepare Carefully by any means of the imagination... but until PC is working for A13... its the best we've got.

MsMeiriona

I'm going to TRY to play without this mod and the UI mod, but I know it'll feel like I'm working with only half the game. Take your time to do it right and don't stress. We're all gonna be ready whenever you are.

Jim2029

If you look around in your save game files for the person's name and know what his/her skill levels are, you can find the data and edit it with notepad.

HAMMERFALL314

EdB

I have released a beta version of Prepare Carefully that works with Alpha 13.  Find the link and more info in the original post.

Keep in mind that there is more work to do.  It is not full-featured (which I guess technically makes it an alpha and not a beta), but it's a start.