[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

EdB Prepare Carefully

Customize your RimWorld colonists, choose your gear and prepare carefully for your crash landing.  Save your setup as a preset so that you can start your game the same way later.

About the latest version
Version 1.0.13 is the latest release of the mod for RimWorld 1.0.  It consists of mostly bug-fixes and mod compatibility fixes.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
  Download for RimWorld 1.0
  Prepare Carefully 1.0.13 for RimWorld 1.0 (Github)
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

How to Use
Extract the contents of the zip file into your mods folder.  The mod contents should be in the "Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully" directory, NOT in a "Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully/EdBPrepareCarefully" directory.  Enable the mod from the mods menu.

Once you enable the mod, start a game normally, but click the "Prepare Carefully" button to get started:

Frequently Asked Questions

I installed the mod, but I get a message that says that the mod "has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'".  How do I fix it?
The most common problem that people run into is that they double-extract the mod folder from the zip file.  If you get that error, make sure that you have not ended up with an extra directory inside your mod folder.  The mod contents should be in the "Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully" directory, NOT in a "Mods/EdBPrepareCarefully/EdBPrepareCarefully" directory.

If you downloaded from github and got this "target version" error, you may have downloaded the mod's source code instead of the mod itself.  Double-check that you clicked on the correct download link.

If you have other trouble installing the mod, please look for advice in this thread:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6223.0

Why doesn't the "Prepare Carefully" button appear for me?
First and foremost, make sure that you've enabled the mod! This will be obvious to experienced mod users, but if you're new to RimWorld mods, you need to go into the Mods menu when you start the game and explicitly enable a mod after you've installed it.

Unfortunately, some mods just don't work well together, and you may have to experiment to find a combination that works.

Why don't my saved presets from earlier versions work?
I try to maintain backwards compatibility with previous releases, but it's not always possible.  Alpha 16 presets and saved characters should work, but if they do not, you'll need to recreate them.

Download for RimWorld 1.0
  Prepare Carefully 1.0.13 for RimWorld 1.0 (Github)

A log of changes in recent releases of the mod is available on GitHub if you want more detail:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/blob/v1.0.13/Resources/CHANGELOG.txt

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

Cr0ss0vr

Looks like it's getting added to my list of mods for my playthrough

EdB

Apologies--I had bug in the first version that I should have caught.  I posted a new release, v1.0.2.

Changelog:

• BUGFIX: Passions and traits are now set correctly on colonists.
  • Changed the mod controller so that it does not replace the RootMap if the mod is disabled.

Iwillbenicetou

Nice. My only concern, can you add items, like the preset amount is 1 Einfield and two Pistols, can you add a shotty or something?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

RCX

HOLY shit EdB, first the (cannot play without) interface and now this, FAN...TASTIC!

@Iwillbenicetou - this mod focuses on colonist so it may or may not, BUT if it doesn't, all it takes is to enable the developer menu, destroy the pistol/lee-en and spawn a shotty then disable it again.

EDIT: Yes it does.

EdB

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on September 21, 2014, 07:34:11 PM
...can you add items, like the preset amount is 1 Einfield and two Pistols, can you add a shotty or something?

Yes, absolutely you can.  The default setup roughly matches what you start with in the vanilla game, but you can swap in the weapons that you want.  It does enforce a point system, so you may have to give something up to add a better item--at some point, I should probably add a cheat option so that you can ignore the points, but for now you need to make trade-offs.

Visitor000

i had been waiting for a mod like this Yay. I can now make my starter group all brigand with costom clothing and weapons

<OBLIGITORY MOVING TEXT>
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

minami26

Somebody clearly is enjoying rimworld a lot. This is a very sought out mod congrats edb!! You're doing a great job man. :)
Absolutely love your implementation and point system, p.s i cant play rimworld without your interface now, teeheee

RemingtonRyder

Nimr_Tiger

I seem to have a problem where I can't remove a colonist that I've added to the starting colonists, causing everything to go wildly over the point limit?

bigmap

Nice.
@EdB

Unable to delete the third later colonists

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

EdB

Quote from: Nimr_Tiger on September 21, 2014, 10:35:25 PM
I seem to have a problem where I can't remove a colonist that I've added to the starting colonists, causing everything to go wildly over the point limit?

Quote from: bigmap on September 21, 2014, 10:50:39 PM
Unable to delete the third later colonists

Thanks for the bug report--sorry about that.  Posted a new release that should fix it: v1.0.3

Changelog:

• BUGFIX: You can now delete colonists beyond the third one.

RemingtonRyder

RemingtonRyder

I noticed that the things that the colonist is incapable of doing doesn't update when you change or randomise them.